1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Apr '24 20:59
    @medullah said
    I wish that I could win a few games in three moves. You had clearly eaten your Weetabix for breakfast 😆
    How do you mate in 3 position?

How to Checkmate in 3 Moves in Chess: 7 Steps (with Pictures)
    To checkmate in 3 moves in chess, start by moving your queen pawn to d3. Then, move your king pawn forward to e4, which will free up your queen. Finally, move your queen on the diagonal to h5, where you will have your opponent's king checkmated without having captured a single piece.

Unfortunately diagram can not be copied from the Site!

Some call it a fools mate. 🙂

-VR
  2. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    09 Apr '24 08:59
    @very-rusty said
    How do you mate in 3 position?

How to Checkmate in 3 Moves in Chess: 7 Steps (with Pictures)
    To checkmate in 3 moves in chess, start by moving your queen pawn to d3. Then, move your king pawn forward to e4, which will free up your queen. Finally, move your queen on the diagonal to h5, where you will have your opponent's king checkmated without having captured a single ...[text shortened]... e.

Unfortunately diagram can not be copied from the Site!

Some call it a fools mate. 🙂

-VR
    that isn't the Scholars Mate is it?
  3. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    09 Apr '24 09:02
    @medullah

lol I should have said, "at the end of the game I had only three moves then I would have mate." Meaning I had mate after playing for a while. I did not have mate in three moves from the start. People still try the Scholars Mate which you win in just a few moves but So far I have only fell for it once early on when I started playing.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Apr '24 11:573 edits
    @vespin said
    that isn't the Scholars Mate is it?
    You may be right, my old memory isn't what it once was. 🙂

I know there is a few of them and has to be a blunder by your opponent in order to achieve the mate in 3. Perhaps it is the order of the moves made?

It takes your opponent to move and you to move to make 1 move, so I guess it would 6 moves not 7, which would make you correct on that. I am still learning the game as you know. 🙂 Reminds me I have to get back to working on tactics.

-VR
  5. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Apr '24 14:22
    @vespin said
    I had played a player twice I think and was in my third game. I had been waiting on it because I actually had the game won in three moves. The player had a line though where his screen name was. The line goes through the word "Removed". Does anyone know why someone is "Removed". He had no subscription.

Standard member Removed It's not showing the line through the word Removed. They was around a while. I forget his screen name they took that out to.
    you talk about Game 15629785?

You probably should take the timeout and be done with it.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '24 01:20
    @VESPIN

Maybe he couldn't believe he was losing to you and thought putting a stripe through his name might spare him his humiliation?
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 13:32
    @anglian said
    @VESPIN

Maybe he couldn't believe he was losing to you and thought putting a stripe through his name might spare him his humiliation?
    The one good thing in this world Alex is what goes around always comes around, your day will arrive. 🙂

-VR
  8. Victor, New York
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 14:14
    @very-rusty said
    The one good thing in this world Alex is what goes around always comes around, your day will arrive. 🙂

-VR
    So true. Hopefully, yours will come soon.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 14:56
    @lstcyr said
    So true. Hopefully, yours will come soon.
    Yes, I have around 12 now I believe if my count is accurate. That is 1rst place finishes Larry, I know you can be a little slow old chap.

-VR
  10. Victor, New York
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 16:29
    @very-rusty said
    Yes, I have around 12 now I believe if my count is accurate. That is 1rst place finishes Larry, I know you can be a little slow old chap.

-VR
    So, you need to be in a team to win. I understand.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 13:39
    @lstcyr said
    So, you need to be in a team to win. I understand.
    I have won many on my own just look at my stats, being part of Clan/team is also fun, and I have won many 1rst Place Championships Larry, and you? 🙂

-VR
  12. Victor, New York
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 13:43
    @very-rusty said
    I have won many on my own just look at my stats, being part of Clan/team is also fun, and I have won many 1rst Place Championships Larry, and you? 🙂

-VR
    Just saying it over and over doesn’t make it true. Show us examples and why you THINK they’re unfair.

Didn’t think so.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree