1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Dec '23 18:24
    The Sound on my Toshiba T.V. went. Picture works fine all channels work great nice and clear, just no sound. I heard a loud crackling noise when I shifted channels.
    My Question is: Should I get a tech to look at it, or should I just buy a new T.V.???
  2. Subscriberhappy chappy
    I think not alot
    On my arse
    Moves
    26 Dec '23 04:06
    Subtitles?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Dec '23 15:423 edits
    @very-rusty said
    The Sound on my Toshiba T.V. went. Picture works fine all channels work great nice and clear, just no sound. I heard a loud crackling noise when I shifted channels.
    My Question is: Should I get a tech to look at it, or should I just buy a new T.V.???
    Do you have a DVD player hooked up?

See if you have sound when playing a DVD.

Or any alternate source, like a computer. Most video cards can do sound as well as video through an HDMI cable.
  4. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    26 Dec '23 22:44
    @very-rusty said
    What model and what year? Anything physical gets old and worn out. Perhaps it's time to get a new one. With the old tube TVs, it was recommended to first give it a couple of solid thumps on the top and sides, before calling a repairman. Perhaps it will work with these digital units too. But not solid thumps, just be gentle and slap it twice on the sides.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jan '24 20:56
    How about an update, VR?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree