1. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    27 Jul '23 02:151 edit
    As a proud American, I am delighted that our team only got a tie with the Dutch today. I was hoping they would lose that game and every other game coming home in
    shame. If you can't respect our National Anthem, you have no business calling yourself an American. They are dead to me.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jul '23 14:071 edit
    @my2sons said
    As a proud American, I am delighted that our team only got a tie with the Dutch today. I was hoping they would lose that game and every other game coming home in
    shame. If you can't respect our National Anthem, you have no business calling yourself an American. They are dead to me.
    After Megan Rapinoe protested the national anthem in 2016, U.S. Soccer quickly tried to curb similar such protests in the future.

It took only 10 days for U.S. Soccer to release a statement that said, in no uncertain terms, players are expected to stand during the playing of the national anthem. The statement said, in part: "As part of the privilege to represent your country, we have an expectation that our players and coaches will stand and honor our flag while the national anthem is played."

It was then made official in 2017, when a policy was implemented that required athletes to stand during the anthem.

That policy was repealed by U.S. Soccer in 2020 as Black Lives Matter protests raged in the aftermath of the murder of George Floyd.

"It should be, and will be going forward, up to our players to determine how they can best use their platforms to fight all forms of racism, discrimination, and inequality," U.S. Soccer said as part of its statement. "We are here for our players and are ready to support them in elevating their efforts to achieve social justice. We cannot change the past, but we can make a difference in the future. We are committed to this change effort, and we will be implementing supporting actions in the near future."

There is no longer a U.S. Soccer policy mandating conduct during the national anthem. Both the U.S. women's and men's national teams' players are free to do as they please in 2023.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/soccer/news/uswnt-national-anthem-world-cup/fxspgyn31ez0xgf1y6ib3iyo
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Jul '23 20:42
    @my2sons said
    As a "proud American" you hoped the U.S. team would lose.

Right.
  4. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    27 Jul '23 23:23
    @suzianne said
    After Megan Rapinoe protested the national anthem in 2016, U.S. Soccer quickly tried to curb similar such protests in the future.

It took only 10 days for U.S. Soccer to release a statement that said, in no uncertain terms, players are expected to stand during the playing of the national anthem. The statement said, in part: "As part of the privilege to represent your coun ...[text shortened]... https://www.sportingnews.com/us/soccer/news/uswnt-national-anthem-world-cup/fxspgyn31ez0xgf1y6ib3iyo
    What they can do from agendas being played out by the woke left and should do along with made do when representing are two different things! I’m sure Rapinoe is your hero.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jul '23 02:02
    @my2sons said
    πŸ‘
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jul '23 07:592 edits
    @mike69 said
    What they can do from agendas being played out by the woke left and should do along with made do when representing are two different things! I’m sure Rapinoe is your hero.
    For your information, the "woke left", as you put it, is in the majority. Everyone with a brain knows by now that "anti-woke" is code for "I don't give a damn about anybody except people who look like me, act like me and vote like me."

I'd also like to add that Christians who insist on spouting "anti-woke" propaganda are ignoring Jesus' commandment to love our brother as we love ourselves. There are plenty of so-called "Christians" out there who think they can "talk-the-talk" without "walking-the-walk".

In this day and age, ALL Christians SHOULD be "woke". But too many think it's perfectly okay to just go around spitting on their brothers, treating them like dirt, making no effort to understand them, just because their political leaders say they should. Those Christians should be profoundly ashamed of that behavior.
  7. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    28 Jul '23 09:27
    @my2sons said
    IMHO, the US women's soccer team is there to compete on the field. Singing songs is secondary.
  8. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    28 Jul '23 15:22
    @suzianne said
    For your information, the "woke left", as you put it, is in the majority. Everyone with a brain knows by now that "anti-woke" is code for "I don't give a damn about anybody except people who look like me, act like me and vote like me."

I'd also like to add that Christians who insist on spouting "anti-woke" propaganda are ignoring Jesus' commandment to love our brother as ...[text shortened]... political leaders say they should. Those Christians should be profoundly ashamed of that behavior.
    You are a very confused blind person full of everything you pretend to hate of others. I would love to know more about your made up church you’re too embarrassed to talk about. Do you think your tiny group truly has power and people actually agree with itπŸ™‚. The thing about giving flakes and nuts like you a voice is sooner or later they always mess up big and their true colors will come out.
  9. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    28 Jul '23 15:28
    @mchill said
    IMHO, the US women's soccer team is there to compete on the field. Singing songs is secondary.
    It’s about putting self behind and standing together as one. Of course what do you expect from the examples of an administration that hangs a multicolored flag front and center of the White House???
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Jul '23 14:37
    @mike69 said
    It’s about putting self behind and standing together as one. Of course what do you expect from the examples of an administration that hangs a multicolored flag front and center of the White House???
    Republican rioters tore down the U.S. flag from the Capitol building and replaced it with a Trump flag.
  11. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    29 Jul '23 22:28
    @vivify said
    Republican rioters tore down the U.S. flag from the Capitol building and replaced it with a Trump flag.
    ???, I think you’re missing video game time with your friends on here. Go riot and burn another city. The main point went over your head.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Aug '23 18:531 edit
    @mike69 said
    ???, I think you’re missing video game time with your friends on here. Go riot and burn another city. The main point went over your head.
    It was the Proud Boys, the Oath Keepers and the 3 Percenters that burned up areas of Portland during the BLM protests.

You fell for it hook, line and sinker.
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Aug '23 19:07
    @mike69 said
    So hanging up a rainbow flag bothers you...but not the American flag being torn down from a federal building and replaced with a Trump flag?
  14. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    01 Aug '23 19:26
    @vivify said
    So hanging up a rainbow flag bothers you...but not the American flag being torn down from a federal building and replaced with a Trump flag?
    Still missing it I see.
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Aug '23 15:51
    @my2sons said
    Seems, unlike our Canadian team, they are moving on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree