1. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    02 Nov '23 17:23
    @venda
    With SA demolishing New Zealand like that, its going to be a final with India, which should be a fantastic game.
    England, last on the list? Didn't expect that.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '23 21:05
    @venda said
    Agreed.England have been awful.
    I obviously don't know what has been said off field,but it seems to me they just don't seem bothered.Maybe dressing room politics has had a say? Morale is important and England's must be at an all time low.
    New Zealand have been unlucky with injuries to their bowlers but they still should make the top 4
    The Aussies have had a resurgence.I can' ...[text shortened]... ause of poor fielding.
    At the moment I can't see anyone beating India and South Africa to the final
    Is there an Englishman who will ever want Australia to win? 😜

NZ lost to Aus, SA and India already, looks like the weakest of the 4 in the semis but you never know.

India vs Aus final for me, Australia seem to be clicking at the right time. Saying that they'll probably lose to England now 🤣

Only the top 8 qualify for the champions trophy, England at risk of not even being in that. Crazy.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 Nov '23 09:56
    @a-unique-nickname said
    Is there an Englishman who will ever want Australia to win? 😜

NZ lost to Aus, SA and India already, looks like the weakest of the 4 in the semis but you never know.

India vs Aus final for me, Australia seem to be clicking at the right time. Saying that they'll probably lose to England now 🤣

Only the top 8 qualify for the champions trophy, England at risk of not even being in that. Crazy.
    Apart from England who are effectively out of it,I just want the best team to win fairly.
    Australia don't meet that criteria because they include cheats.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Nov '23 14:41
    @pawnpaw said
    @Ponderable
    I didn't, but the Dutch were very good.
    If only we can beat the Limeys - which we've done before - we'll be in the next season, and they'll be out. Fingers crossed!
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    07 Nov '23 20:23
    Australia v Afghanistan today-incredible.The best game of the competition so far
    It does seem to me that batting first in a lot of the games is a distinct advantage.
    The conditions seem to be so different once the sun is setting.
    Not to take anything away from Glenn Maxwells magnificent display today.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '23 16:07
    @venda said
    Australia v Afghanistan today-incredible.The best game of the competition so far
    It does seem to me that batting first in a lot of the games is a distinct advantage.
    The conditions seem to be so different once the sun is setting.
    Not to take anything away from Glenn Maxwells magnificent display today.
    Amazing. I started watching it about 9 overs into Australias innings. It was impossible what Maxwell did, truly the most amazing innings I've ever seen.

After he was dropped the second time and started to get going it felt like it was scripted what was going to happen.

Shame, I was cheering for Afganistán, they've been fantastic. Had they taken one of the Maxwell catches they'd probably be sitting comfortably in fourth with a good run rate.

Hopefully Pakistan can skittle England to Play India in the semis.
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    16 Nov '23 08:18
    @a-unique-nickname said
    India are top of the ODI, T20 and test rankings, Plus they're at home. Sri Lanka aren't great at the moment and Pakistan always seem to find a way to lose.

England should be good enough for a semi final spot.
    Apart from the England perspective you are on course.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '23 18:19
    @ponderable said
    Apart from the England perspective you are on course.
    England were a shambles, surprised everyone I think.

Interesting final on Sunday, India should win but if Australia win the toss and bat first it could get interesting.

India beat Australia at the same ground in the 2011 world cup if it means anything.
  9. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    17 Nov '23 09:43
    @a-unique-nickname said
    England were a shambles, surprised everyone I think.

Interesting final on Sunday, India should win but if Australia win the toss and bat first it could get interesting.

India beat Australia at the same ground in the 2011 world cup if it means anything.
    My money would be on India.
    They will have massive crowd support.
    It wouldn't bother me if Australia win, provided Smith and Warner both get ducks and drop a couple of vital catches apiece.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '23 14:01
    Feel they should have played the final in Mumbai, better wicket... Not that it's a boring final but it could be better.

Warner and Smith getting out for not very much will keep Venda happy, especially perhaps because the smith lbw was pitched off stump and would have been reversed had they reviewed.

Hard to call a winner but you'd think India will have to bowl Australia out. And get Head out asap.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '23 15:35
    90 minutes later head not out for 100+.

Game over.

India looked nervous. Australia played well, deserved it in the end.
  12. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    20 Nov '23 09:20
    @a-unique-nickname said
    90 minutes later head not out for 100+.

Game over.

India looked nervous. Australia played well, deserved it in the end.
    Aye.
    India never had enough runs on the board.
    Overall, I thought the competition was under par.
    I would have expected more close results.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '23 16:34
    @venda said
    Aye.
    India never had enough runs on the board.
    Overall, I thought the competition was under par.
    I would have expected more close results.
    Agreed and I think the format is to blame. One group of 10 teams gives too many games which don't matter.

14 teams at the next world cup will help but I think 16 is better, groups of 4, top 2 go through to a knockout phase. More exciting, every game is important.

Two groups of 7 at the next world cup, top two qualify for the semis. The same 5 teams from the recent world cups will qualify for the last 4 for sure.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree