1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Jan '17 17:532 edits
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    No. He means where you resign a game before you can checkmate your opponent on the next move. 😲
    This is the sort of case which might be referred to an adjudication committee. Or where a player has a bishop and two pawns against a lone king and resigns. I doubt whether Russ wants to police this sort of thing himself.
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '17 17:53
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Some are valid and some are not.

Ironically you re posted Russ initial request re keeping your suggestions to a one liner and then went on to post one of the largest posts in this thread πŸ˜‰
    now i see the irony, sorry if my intentions weren't clear

the list is a compilation of the 'one liners' from the previous two threads

there's been a lot of new and useful suggestions in this thread that aren't on the list yet

i'd like to see those added to this list by their authors, i don't want to leave anyone out

the reason for the list is that it provides contest for the suggestions we're considering
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '17 17:55
    Originally posted by Giannotti
    now i see the irony, sorry if my intentions weren't clear

the list is a compilation of the 'one liners' from the previous two threads

there's been a lot of new and useful suggestions in this thread that aren't on the list yet

i'd like to see those added to this list by their authors, i don't want to leave anyone out

the reason for the list is that it provides contest for the suggestions we're considering
    'context' not 'contest' ...sorry all, typo
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Jan '17 19:18
    Originally posted by Steve45
    When does the talking stop, and the changes start to happen. I think everything that can be said, has been said now. Time for action.
    The talking never stops. πŸ˜›

Action will be a few months. Russ is trying to make an iOS app.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 00:55
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    The talking never stops. πŸ˜›

Action will be a few months. Russ is trying to make an iOS app.
    The mobile experience is vastly overrated.
  6. Subscribermy2sonsonline
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 03:12
    Originally posted by Steve45
    When does the talking stop, and the changes start to happen. I think everything that can be said, has been said now. Time for action.
    Russ needs to act on this quickly as Robbie of Easy Riders recently stated in the clan forum he is now employing the same tactics he used in 2016. That is, arranging frequent mega challenges with his 3 patsy clans, Breaking Bad, Arrow and the Anti Metallica clans. This will generate hundreds of points if nothing is done to stop this collusion. Russ, please put a cap on how may times clans can challenge each other, say once every 3 months would be ideal.
  7. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 05:31
    Originally posted by my2sons
    Russ needs to act on this quickly as Robbie of Easy Riders recently stated in the clan forum he is now employing the same tactics he used in 2016. That is, arranging frequent mega challenges with his 3 patsy clans, Breaking Bad, Arrow and the Anti Metallica clans. This will generate hundreds of points if nothing is done to stop this collusion. Russ, pleas ...[text shortened]... t a cap on how may times clans can challenge each other, say once every 3 months would be ideal.
    Yeah.....do something other than sitting on your hands as you've done the past 12 months. Enough is enough !!!!
  8. Here
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 05:40
    Not at all, simply showing that there are many wolves in sheep clothing πŸ˜‰
    Why fight me on this when according to your home page you only do it because Metallica do it
    My proposals would stop them from doing it also
  9. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 16:24
    Originally posted by padger
    Why fight me on this when according to your home page you only do it because Metallica do it
    My proposals would stop them from doing it also
    You seem to accept firing cheap shots at me but seem disturbed if I fire back πŸ˜‰
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 16:26
    okay folks, we've been at this for weeks now

i'm going to take the time to go through the entire thread, try to find every new suggestion that wasn't on my original list, and add it to a new list

i'll try to condense them into 'one liners' with the meaning and intent intact

then i'll post the new list, with each item numbered

at that point, we can start taking them one by one, for consideration and vote

i think a list is needed for reference as we get into this

some suggestions, if adopted, may make several others impractical, or unnecessary

some may require rely on a group of suggestions to function correctly

we need to be able to see what we're doing, and consider the implications

i don't mean for this to be absolute, just another starting point

i'm sure some suggestions will need more definition and wording changes

please help me make this happen

look for my post in the next day or two

thanks
    ~leo
  11. Here
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 16:42
    You seem to accept firing cheap shots at me but seem disturbed if I fire back πŸ˜‰
    But would you agree that what I propose would stop Metallica doing what annoys you
  12. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 17:02
    Originally posted by padger
    But would you agree that what I propose would stop Metallica doing what annoys you
    I flit in and out of this thread so don't recall your proposals, plus can't be ar$ed going through it all again to discover
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 17:23
    Originally posted by Giannotti
    okay folks, we've been at this for weeks now

i'm going to take the time to go through the entire thread, try to find every new suggestion that wasn't on my original list, and add it to a new list

i'll try to condense them into 'one liners' with the meaning and intent intact

then i'll post the new list, with each item numbered

at that point, we ...[text shortened]...

please help me make this happen

look for my post in the next day or two

thanks
    ~leo
    Great idea.
    Maybe a good idea to start a new thread.
  14. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 19:26
    I flit in and out of this thread so don't recall your proposals, plus can't be ar$ed going through it all again to discover
    wow you cant be arSed to read proposals you won't have to bother robbie will tell you when and how to vote,
  15. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    15 Jan '17 20:27
    Originally posted by roma45
    wow you cant be arSed to read proposals you won't have to bother robbie will tell you when and how to vote,
    I should have expected no less from a pillock such as yourself.
    If all the drivel was excluded from this thread then possibly it would be worth going back through the posts.
    In reality dick's like yourself continue to muddy the waters thus making it a task not worth undertaking πŸ˜›

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree