1. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 21:038 edits
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    How about if someone comes out and says that the explanation doesn't wash.

Hypothetical example.

Clan A plays 30 challenges against several equally rated clans.
    And win half of them.
    So their rating should be the same after the 30 challenges are complete.

In the mix, they also played 50 challenges against 3 "partners" called clans.
    Even wit ...[text shortened]... skeptical about the ELO system stopping collusion in it's tracks.

Let's keep up the debate !!
    umm ELO doesn't work like that. Why is Maggie Carlsen rated 2800? because he plays and maintains a 62.5% win to loss ratio over players of a similar rating (Metalicas win to loss ratio of 80% is greater than the worlds best Grandmaster but we wont go into that.) As it stands therefore Russ's system is based on a win to loss ratio among ones peers and this is not based on clan members individual ELO ratings contributing to an overall clan ELO rating. As Russ has pointed out there is therefore little incentive in playing lower rated clans.

For example anti metallica has an ELO of 632. What incentive is there for a 1400 rated clan like the Easy Riders to beat up on a 600 rated clan? Practically nill. However if they are offering challenges that others can win easily while bagging 10-18 points at little risk then clans are going to take it every time. You wanna keep the present system then be my guest cause we wont be handing over our crown as Kings of the Internet anytime soon.

All that needs to be done is to have an individuals clan games rated separately from other places like tournaments and the system will be sorted.
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 21:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    umm ELO doesn't work like that. Why is Maggie Carlsen rated 2800? because he plays and maintains a 62.5% win to loss ratio over players of a similar rating (Metalicas win to loss ratio of 80% is greater than the worlds best Grandmaster but we wont go into that.) As it stands therefore Russ's system is based on a win to loss ratio among ones peers a ...[text shortened]... ls clan games rated separately from other places like tournaments and the system will be sorted.
    That sounds like an admission of your collusion in 2016. 😀
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 21:581 edit
    That sounds like an admission of your collusion in 2016. 😀
    Everything sound like collusion to a paranoid mind! 😵
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 22:17
    umm ELO doesn't work like that. Why is Maggie Carlsen rated 2800? because he plays and maintains a 62.5% win to loss ratio over players of a similar rating (Metalicas win to loss ratio of 80% is greater than the worlds best Grandmaster but we wont go into that.) As it stands therefore Russ's system is based on a win to loss ratio among ones peers a ...[text shortened]... ls clan games rated separately from other places like tournaments and the system will be sorted.
    By missing my point, you've made my point.
    I won't get into the semantics of whether a clan wins 50% of its' challenges against equally rated players or 62.5%.

My point is that adding the small rating gains against lower rated clans is added on top of the normal rating gains.

If your clan gains 2 or 3 rating points from the pasties on the clan table from challenges that you already know in advance are won for your clan, they will make a difference.

Every clan that engages with a clan like Anti-Metallica carries a risk of losing a pile of rating points if they lose the challenge to Anti-Metallica.

The clans that don't collude with Anti-Metallica have to match players within 200 rating points.
    That means the players are still relatively evenly matched even though the clans are badly mismatched.

What this means is that a clan with an ELO rating of 1400 will NOT go near a clan like Anti-Metallica with a rating of 600.

Unless they already know the outcome of the challenge.
    Because even the paltry 2 rating points will help.

That is collusion !!
    Do you understand now ??
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 22:433 edits
    By missing my point, you've made my point.
    I won't get into the semantics of whether a clan wins 50% of its' challenges against equally rated players or 62.5%.

My point is that adding the small rating gains against lower rated clans is added on top of the normal rating gains.

If your clan gains 2 or 3 rating points from the pasties on the clan table ...[text shortened]... use even the paltry 2 rating points will help.

That is collusion !!
    Do you understand now ??
    Two to three rating points? for challenge that took months to complete when we could get much more from playing someone our own strength?

Wow you think clans already know the outcome of a challenge? When challenged on this you could not produce a single game that had been decided beforehand and when threatened with exposure for what you were saying by reporting you to the players that you were accusing you hightailed it out like all get out.

We cannot build a system that prevents us from your delusions but if you are happy with the present system then its fine by me.

Yes I understand you are paranoid and need professional help.
  6. Here
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 13:03
    The only outcome from an ELO clan system is a form of a ladder
    Where to play anyone beneath your clans rating is a no no
    You have already said you would not play someone from beneath your clans rating
    You will there fore end up with like playing like with no change
    Hence STAGNATION
    Robbie please give me a reason this will not happen
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 13:24
    Russ.

Sorting the clan table by clan rating shows Woodpushers at the top.

The table shows them with a clan record 24W 12D.
    Yet they have completed only 12 challenges in 2017.

Something is wrong with the statistics gathering.
    Please look into and advise.
  8. Here
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 14:23
    Russ.

Sorting the clan table by clan rating shows Woodpushers at the top.

The table shows them with a clan record 24W 12D.
    Yet they have completed only 12 challenges in 2017.

Something is wrong with the statistics gathering.
    Please look into and advise.
    Don't bother this system will never work anyway
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 14:29
    Originally posted by padger
    Don't bother this system will never work anyway
    Let's give this a chance.
    I am thinking if having a clan rating in addition to improvements to the net scoring system.

But the net scoring system should continue to be the system of record.
    Once the improvements have been implemented.
  10. Joined
    21 Jan '11
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 16:13
    The ELO-System will function with the time. At beginning, the value is very low. Wait until the ranking of the Clans will be more different. The highest ranked clan will play games, when other overfly him.
  11. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 16:44
    Originally posted by Johannes Goethe
    The ELO-System will function with the time. At beginning, the value is very low. Wait until the ranking of the Clans will be more different. The highest ranked clan will play games, when other overfly him.
    it will not stop collusion easy for a clan to reach the top and stay there if they are handed points
    in real life commit a crime you get punished, on here commit a crime we change the law so its not a crime.
    in the past points have been removed clans suspended, Russ has said collusion took place last year
    this must happen again it will act as a warning to everyone on here
    i dont see the logic in trying a system that wont stop collusion and make clans play less
  12. Here
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 16:561 edit
    Originally posted by Johannes Goethe
    this will never happen because clans that are down the bottom will never get a challenge with the top clans
    I will repeat it until someone other than me can see this it will result in stagnation
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 16:57
    Two to three rating points? for challenge that took months to complete when we could get much more from playing someone our own strength?

Wow you think clans already know the outcome of a challenge? When challenged on this you could not produce a single game that had been decided beforehand and when threatened with exposure for what you were sayi ...[text shortened]... ent system then its fine by me.

Yes I understand you are paranoid and need professional help.
    You didn't know your clan was going to collect almost 800 out of your 1200 points in 2016 from 3 clans ?

That's rich !!

And no, I don't need professional help.
    But you do.
    Your obsession with Metallica has gotten the better of you.
  14. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 17:35
    i agree with your first four words "umm ELO doesn't work" the rest pure rubbish, basically you are threatening to keep on colluding if you don't get what you want
    how Russ puts up with a lying cheating waste of air like you is a mystery
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 20:031 edit
    Originally posted by roma45
    i agree with your first four words "umm ELO doesn't work" the rest pure rubbish, basically you are threatening to keep on colluding if you don't get what you want
    how Russ puts up with a lying cheating waste of air like you is a mystery
    Perhaps the alternative of having to deal with dim, vulgar, unreasoning airheads like you is not as appealing as one would think. 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree