01 Dec '22 10:06
    This is new to me, thoughts?

YouTube
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 13:00
    @KellyJay
    I don't think the info provided in the video you posted is accurate. Look up MoND Theory (modified Newtonian dynamics). Assuming the measurement of the speed of stars is accurate the laws of gravity as we know them must be incomplete. If there is a disagreement as to the speed of stars in a galaxy I would like to know about it. That should be addressed first.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 15:35
    @metal-brain said
    @KellyJay
    I don't think the info provided in the video you posted is accurate. Look up MoND Theory (modified Newtonian dynamics). Assuming the measurement of the speed of stars is accurate the laws of gravity as we know them must be incomplete. If there is a disagreement as to the speed of stars in a galaxy I would like to know about it. That should be addressed first.
    This was the first I heard of this, so coming here to this board is my version of fact checking.🧐
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Dec '22 22:27
    @KellyJay
    This should not even be in science since it is at the bottom, a religious argument about the age of the universe. Saying we should not be able to see galaxies as spiral is a specious argument designed to try to convince people the biblical version of creation is correct and ALL of science is wrong.
    For one thing, he keeps saying the universe is 10 billion years old when in fact it is closer to 14 billion years old and there BTW ARE galaxies that have no apparent shape because they result from galaxy clusters crashing together and making a big blob of stars in no apparent order.
    So why did you think we would even CONSIDER this scree as science?
    It is at best an opinion piece because there is ZERO science behind this hypothesis.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 19:17
    @sonhouse said
    @KellyJay
    This should not even be in science since it is at the bottom, a religious argument about the age of the universe. Saying we should not be able to see galaxies as spiral is a specious argument designed to try to convince people the biblical version of creation is correct and ALL of science is wrong.
    For one thing, he keeps saying the universe is 10 billion years ...[text shortened]... e as science?
    It is at best an opinion piece because there is ZERO science behind this hypothesis.
    The possibilities that may or may not true as a result of any hypothesis is not a means of validation. Simply because something may have worldview ramifications is beside the point, is it true should be the only criteria of consequence
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Dec '22 05:15
    @KellyJay
    You can talk all you want, it still is a religious argument and not a field of science. For one thing, there is no way of disproving any of it, making it go against the Popper theory, it has to be able to be falsified, if not, it is religious and not science.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Dec '22 10:41
    @sonhouse said
    @KellyJay
    You can talk all you want, it still is a religious argument and not a field of science. For one thing, there is no way of disproving any of it, making it go against the Popper theory, it has to be able to be falsified, if not, it is religious and not science.
    It may have implications that lean that way, but you are the only one here making
    it a religious argument by bringing religion up. The same thing could be said for
    those who claim just about anything most views can have that type of implication
    one way or another. Simply refusing to look at something because of religious
    implications is a religious argument.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Dec '22 19:031 edit
    @KellyJay
    Come on, it is obviously religiously based scree, they want to show GOD is responsible for the universe or some such. The whole universe thing is freaky to me, billions of galaxies with billions of stars in each one and now the Webb telescope seeing them out almost to the edge of what is visible. It makes humans like a little virus on the scale of the universe but anyway the whole premise of that link is they want bottom line for it to all be from your god.
    I think ALL religions are 100% man made, specifically to control humans any way they can. Look at the inquisition times, people burned as witches and even now the ultrarightwingnut religious nationalists want to turn the US into a Christian version of Iran, and THAT will never happen if I can help it.
    That religious nationalist push has been going on a LONG LONG time, hundreds of years and they won't be satisfied till they win out which would mean permanent second class status for women because one of their goals is to control the lives of women from birth to death, just like in Saudi Arabia or Iran.
    That is why I don't want any hint of religiousness on this or any other platform, I have said for years I want freedom FROM religion not freedom OF religion.
    Your god is doing a piss poor job of helping humans and the idea there are literally thousands of very powerful atomic and fusion bombs means they will be used again but maybe the end of civilization and the gist of that is if that happens it is proof your god WANTS it that way if indeed there is this alleged god of grace. If there really was this god of grace, it would have stopped the work on nuclear weapons and the fact we have them says if there is indeed such a god, it WANTS it that way.
    That is not a god I would follow EVER.
    And there is no way you can prove otherwise, like touting when a person who is seriously ill suddenly gets well, THANK GOD, HE DID HIS WORK.
    Also notice the HE, like implying this god has genitalia and reproduces like us?
    Doesn't that strike you as just a BIT anthropomorphizing such a 'god' so humans can relate?
    And Islam, what can I say about that crazy bunch? You leave the faith, you get executed, your wife did adultery and she gets stoned to death but the guy gets wrist slapped.
    This came from a GOD? How stupid do you think we are with all that religious nonsense going on, for instance like humans have been around for a million years or so but that flies right into the religious pogrom that we have only been here a few thousand years which is stupid to even say.
    People buy into the idea and then they are hooked and no amount of reason will shake them because they are totally programmed from day one to believe whatever BS any of these religions say.
    So to Muslims, it is right here in the Koran, it is ok to do 'honor' killing or stone the adulterer but let the guy off with a warning or whatever.

And you could NEVER see the implications in Christianity that women are IN THE BIBLE listed as second class, How much is a man worth? 50 shekels, a WOMAN? 30.
    This is why I speak out against these fake religions started by MEN, how convenient.

This link is not religious? Then why is the very first statement a biblical reference?
    THAT IS NOT SCIENCE, that is religious arguments to try to prove your god is real.
    THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE IN THAT LINK AND YOU KNOW THAT FULL WELL.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '22 20:16
    @sonhouse said
    @KellyJay
    Come on, it is obviously religiously based scree, they want to show GOD is responsible for the universe or some such. The whole universe thing is freaky to me, billions of galaxies with billions of stars in each one and now the Webb telescope seeing them out almost to the edge of what is visible. It makes humans like a little virus on the scale of the universe but ...[text shortened]... to try to prove your god is real.
    THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE IN THAT LINK AND YOU KNOW THAT FULL WELL.
    Again you are the only one here judging the truthfulness because of how it affects your world view.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Dec '22 05:24
    @KellyJay
    It doesn't matter if NOBODY else chimes in, it is still religion hiding out as science.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Dec '22 15:07
    @sonhouse said
    @KellyJay
    It doesn't matter if NOBODY else chimes in, it is still religion hiding out as science.
    BS

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree