1. Standard memberNiteMoves
    Mister Smith
    Home
    Moves
    30 Oct '23 23:45
    Where are the complete rules of Ladder Chess that includes how one can abort a game from a non first mover (aka coward)? Multiple messages to the help forum doesn't seem to help and after 2 weeks, finally got admin to help abort the game. Now I have another coward that won't move. Really folks, this is all just for fun yet you losers seem to always find a way to make everyone else around you miserable
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Nov '23 13:43
    @nitemoves said
    Where are the complete rules of Ladder Chess that includes how one can abort a game from a non first mover (aka coward)? Multiple messages to the help forum doesn't seem to help and after 2 weeks, finally got admin to help abort the game. Now I have another coward that won't move. Really folks, this is all just for fun yet you losers seem to always find a way to make everyone else around you miserable
    The complete rule is that if time runs out you can timeout the person moving up in the ladder.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    06 Nov '23 14:36
    @nitemoves said
    The rules for this site were devised,with a great deal of thought I suspect, for people to enjoy playing chess without the stress of OTB or competition play,or as you say for fun,
    There will always be those that don't use the site responsibly.
    If they make you miserable they have achieved their objective.
    The best way to defeat them is to ignore them.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    07 Nov '23 21:06
    @nitemoves said
    I have no idea what ladder opponent you are having an issue with, but one word of advice I would offer to everyone, is to take a look at your prospective opponent in a ladder game before sending a challenge. Look at their profile and verify that they are still moving in their games.

Some members who are enrolled in a ladder may have left the RHP site without exiting the ladder, so their name is still listed. Once you have challenged them and then subsequently discover that they are no longer active on RHP, you cannot just delete that ladder game. You will therefore be stuck with waiting for them to time out.

Sending a feedback may also help to resolve the problem, but it's still good policy to take a look at a person's profile before getting involved in a game or sending a challenge.

I hope this is helpful. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree