Is

SubscriberGreat Big Stees
Help 11 Feb '24 13:47
  1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    11 Feb '24 13:47
    There a way to quickly go from the first page of a thread to say, the 50th?πŸ€”πŸ€ž
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 Feb '24 13:571 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    There a way to quickly go from the first page of a thread to say, the 50th?πŸ€”πŸ€ž
    Yes Steve.
    Click on the date in the thread and it takes you to the last page.
    You then just have to scroll down the page to see the latest post.
    In the forum I think you are talking about,I make a not of the last post number and the latest page so when I open the thread at the last page I can go back to the page I made a note of and see all the posts since then.
    I don't know why I'm helping you 'cos you aren't much help to me!(private joke)
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    11 Feb '24 14:00
    @venda said
    Yes Steve.
    Click on the date in the thread and it takes you to the last page.
    You then just have to scroll down the page to see the latest post.
    In the forum I think you are talking about,I make a not of the last post number and the latest page so when I open the thread at the last page I can go back to the page I made a note of and see all the posts since then.
    I don't know why I'm helping you 'cos you aren't much help to me!(private joke)
    Wolves have been known, on occasion, as being helpful. πŸ€”πŸ˜²πŸ˜‰
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    11 Feb '24 20:231 edit
    @Great-Big-Stees
    In addition, if you would like to move quickly through the pages of an individual forum and you're using a computer, here's how to do that.

For example, in the general forum there are over 1500 pages, and the last page will take you back to the year 2001, toward the end of the year. I think the general forum has the most pages at this time, and the number of pages for individual forums vary. Plus the various forums did not all start up at the same time, or the same year. The GENERAL is one of the oldest.

So, open the general forum and you will start on page 1. At the bottom you can see where you can skip to page 20 by just clicking there. Do that. Now if you want to quckly go to page 1515 and not have to do that 20 pages at a time, just go to the top of the page and look at the URL window. You will see https://www.xxxxxxxxx etc.

If you go to the end of that URL, you will see the page number you are currently on. Just go in and edit that page number and change it to where you would like to go. Don't change anything else in that URL.

For example, if you replace page 20 with 1517, then click enter, you will be taken to that page, which I believe is currently the earliest page of the general forum. You may even be able to find out who made the first post in that forum, which in this case was me.

If you can get to the forums using a tablet or other device, then you may be able to use the same process to navigate quickly to whatever page you want to see. I have not tested that since I let all of the smoke out of my iphone a year ago, and replaced it with an old flip-phone. πŸ™‚

Hope that is helpful.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Feb '24 20:40
    @mwmiller

Failing that, just ask dive; he has antediluvian screenshots.

πŸ˜‰
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    11 Feb '24 21:35
    @moonbus said
    @mwmiller

Failing that, just ask dive; he has antediluvian screenshots.

πŸ˜‰
    chiseled in stone, I presume. πŸ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree