1. Joined
    24 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 19:41
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    No don't withdraw it - it is a good suggestion.
    Ok, I withdraw my withdrawal.

I used to be indecisive ...
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Sep '07 19:05
    Originally posted by Russ
    Because of the increasing number of complaints regarding people accepting and then deleting open invites, all accepted invites are now returned back as an available open invite once deleted. If the original creator of the open invite chooses to delete the game, it is removed permanently, as before.

-Russ

edit : No "Plain English" award for me for this post. 😳
    It seems that the timebank info remains the same after a game has been returned to the Open Invites page.

Thread 76462

D
  3. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    12 Sep '07 03:53
    Here is another example, someone joins your game after winning every single game so far. It might be fair to assume they have not hit their peak yet and will beat you, so the match will not be much of an even contest.
  4. Joined
    13 Apr '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 13:26
    Hi... Am relatively new on the site and had a question abt accepting invites..

If a player accepts an invite for a rated game, makes just one move and then does not play at all.. and so then times out... and I claim... Will that affect his or my rating?.
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 12:301 edit
    Originally posted by Prince203
    Hi... Am relatively new on the site and had a question abt accepting invites..

If a player accepts an invite for a rated game, makes just one move and then does not play at all.. and so then times out... and I claim... Will that affect his or my rating?.
    No.
  6. Joined
    13 Apr '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '07 15:431 edit
  7. Joined
    13 Apr '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '07 15:443 edits
    So how many moves need to be made before a game qualifies to be a rated game and affect ratings?
  8. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    18 Sep '07 20:35
    So how many moves need to be made before a game qualifies to be a rated game and affect ratings?
    FAQ

Before three moves the game is not rated.

If you have questions about the site, first check out the faq and then - if you still don't have an answer - try posting a new thread in the help forum. You'll usually get a quicker response there.
  9. Diverse City
    Moves
    18 Sep '07 23:15
    Originally posted by Russ
    Because of the increasing number of complaints regarding people accepting and then deleting open invites, all accepted invites are now returned back as an available open invite once deleted. If the original creator of the open invite chooses to delete the game, it is removed permanently, as before.

-Russ

edit : No "Plain English" award for me for this post. 😳
    TY!!!!!!!!!!
  10. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    04 Nov '07 13:46
    Originally posted by d36366
    Wouldn't it be better if you just weren't allowed to delete a game once you've accepted an open invite? What legitimate need could there be to allow this? Even if the invite goes back into the list, it is annoying and delays the inviting player getting a game started. Shouldn't people be expected to evaluate whether they are interested in the game before accepting it, and then live with their decision?
    I have accepted games 1/0 , 1/3 etc anticipating a fairly quick game. Unfortunately then discovered that the opponent is either a slow mover or simply not online. To this effect I have simply deleted the game and moved onto another game with someone that matches my needs. I give no apology but reckon it is folk like myself that has caused this problem

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree