1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Mar '07 11:33
    Please direct further questions to the help forum.

-Russ
  2. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '07 22:05
    Originally posted by Russ
    Please direct further questions to the help forum.

-Russ
    My thoughts are that 36 days is too long, and as mentioned in the other thread, abuse could occur, so if this does occur, lowering this number would help I think.

I see it like this:
    A sub creates lots of 1 day timeout games, with no timebank, makes enough moves to avoid the game being deleted, then goes on vacation (on purpose) for 36 days, making no moves.
    Non-subs resigns game andmoves to the next one, sub gains lots of free rating points.

We shall see if this actually does become a problem...
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '07 22:581 edit
    Originally posted by Bad wolf
    My thoughts are that 36 days is too long, and as mentioned in the other thread, abuse could occur, so if this does occur, lowering this number would help I think.

I see it like this:
    A sub creates lots of 1 day timeout games, with no timebank, makes enough moves to avoid the game being deleted, then goes on vacation (on purpose) for 36 days, making no m ...[text shortened]... ub gains lots of free rating points.

We shall see if this actually does become a problem...
    Precisely!

Why can't there be a simple on/off switch for open invites at least.

I'm finishing off my last two games against subscribers - it's too risky to play them anymore.
  4. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    15 Mar '07 01:04
    C'Mon, subs, don't do that.
    (And non-subs, hint, when you are going on vacation, put it on your profile. Better than nothing. Message opponents.)
  5. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 17:34
    Originally posted by Ramned
    C'Mon, subs, don't do that.
    (And non-subs, hint, when you are going on vacation, put it on your profile. Better than nothing. Message opponents.)
    It against this site's rules to use chess engines as well, but look at how many subs have been banned for doing that...
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 00:572 edits
    Originally posted by Bad wolf
    It against this site's rules to use chess engines as well, but look at how many subs have been banned for doing that...
    I can't see how giving subscribers an advantage in the games can be justified as fair play.
    How can one player in the game be allowed to leave for 5 weeks whereas the other HAS to move, be fair. 😞
  7. Standard membercoentje
    Plop!
    /dev/null
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 02:06
    can there be at least some kind of counter visible to see how long someone can still wait before moving?

36 days is ridiculously long, i don't like the new vacation system anyways but if we have no choice then at least make it something reasonable like 14 days. If people want to take a longer vacation than that they should just not start games that span their vacation time.
  8. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 03:01
    How about we stop complaining and just work with it...give it time.

Also, if you're that strongly opposed to long amounts of time, just shorten your timebank/timeout lengths...

Problem solved.
  9. Joined
    19 Oct '03
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 03:22
    yes i agree that 36 days of VACATION is ridiculous. Does anyone truly travel for that long. If so, they can probably buy themeselves their wins back that they lost due to move timeout while they were cruising around the world....
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 04:25
    Originally posted by wittywonka

Also, if you're that strongly opposed to long amounts of time, just shorten your timebank/timeout lengths...

Problem solved.
    How does that change anything - timebank/timeouts are stopped when someone goes on vacation.

Problem not solved like that.
  11. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 12:43
    14 days.
    And non subs, you don't HAVE to move at all.
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 13:491 edit
    Originally posted by Ramned
    14 days.
    And non subs, you don't HAVE to move at all.
    Are there any non-subs that play 14 day timeout games?

6 games = 3 moves per week. 🙄

If non-subs don't move they are timed out!
  13. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 21:00
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    How does that change anything - timebank/timeouts are stopped when someone goes on vacation.

Problem not solved like that.
    I stand corrected, but you CAN still shorten your timebank settings...they still tick away.
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 23:27
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    I stand corrected, but you CAN still shorten your timebank settings...they still tick away.
    You can't get shorter than 1 day timeout + 0 timebank.

How does that help anyway?
  15. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 03:43
    Originally posted by coentje
    36 days is ridiculously long, i don't like the new vacation system anyways but if we have no choice then at least make it something reasonable like 14 days. If people want to take a longer vacation than that they should just not start games that span their vacation time.
    I agree.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree