1. Here
    Moves
    22 Jan '16 20:45
    I would like to propose that the new clan challenge rule that the two players be within 200 points, be changed to a 5 year average and within 100 points .this would stop all the lop sided challenges that happen now and be much fairer
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    23 Jan '16 12:27
    Originally posted by padger
    I would like to propose that the new clan challenge rule that the two players be within 200 points, be changed to a 5 year average and within 100 points .this would stop all the lop sided challenges that happen now and be much fairer
    I agree.
  3. Joined
    13 Aug '11
    Moves
    25 Jan '16 05:06
    I agree. In case this is not practical in certain circumstances, at least allow the weaker opponent in the matchup (>100 rating difference) the opportunity to delete the games.
  4. Joined
    21 Aug '03
    Moves
    26 Jan '16 21:51
    If you make the challenges too close in rating requirement, they no-one will ever have the opportunity to play a player outside their normal scale. Personally, I like a challenge.
  5. Here
    Moves
    27 Jan '16 06:43
    Originally posted by pineapple42
    If you make the challenges too close in rating requirement, they no-one will ever have the opportunity to play a player outside their normal scale. Personally, I like a challenge.
    This is to make Clan Challenges fair.
    If you want to challenge people outside your comfort zone just go in for one of the open tournaments
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    27 Jan '16 14:08
    This is to make Clan Challenges fair.
    If you want to challenge people outside your comfort zone just go in for one of the open tournaments
    Or challenge who you want with your own clan.
    Or ask Al to set you a stiff challenge when he mounts challenges.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 09:12
    Or, if you get sent a lop-sided challenge, refuse the challenge. Easy-peasy.

If these lop-sided challenges got refused all the time, then they would stop getting made.

Except, of course, when "ethically challenged" clan leaders agree to such challenges in order to give one of them a bunch of points for no effort. If all clan leaders respected their own clan players, then these lop-sided challenges would never be accepted, and so it would be even easier to spot the "cheating" challenges. But some clan leaders have no respect for their own players and so they recruit the gullible, the naive and the clueless so they can harvest points off them to give to another clan.

We all know who these clan leaders are. If respectable clan leaders start treating these clan leaders with the disdain they deserve and refuse challenges from them, maybe this will eventually stop the lop-sided challenges, and restore some respect to the clan system at RHP.
  8. Here
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 15:14
    I think there are a lot of Clan leaders who do not even check that the players involved match up
    They just click on the accept button
    If my proposal was accepted it would stop a lot of this
    The new rule will encourage the unscrupulous to be sand baggers for their clan
  9. Here
    Moves
    03 Feb '16 12:37
    I have twice today had to refuse challenges from other clans because the criteria that I set out ,namely 5 year average and within 100 points is not met
    In one of them the other Clan Leader put himself at disadvantage of 300 points in one challenge and 500 in the other although they met the current rules

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree