1. Joined
    23 Nov '23
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 12:34
    That says it all. My opponent is on the fourth day and tenth hour of a three day per move game. Not only is no win being awarded, but there is no ability to claim a win. There is also no indication that they are on vacation. I fail to understand why this is the case. I have two games. One is fourteen days per move, and the other was created as three days per move. So what possible excuse could there be for things to not work at face value? [gid]https://www.redhotpawn.com/chess/play-chess.php?gameid=15603600&cbqsid=18329[/gid]
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 12:371 edit
    @themysterioushand said
    That says it all. My opponent is on the fourth day and tenth hour of a three day per move game. Not only is no win being awarded, but there is no ability to claim a win. There is also no indication that they are on vacation. I fail to understand why this is the case. I have two games. One is fourteen days per move, and the other was created as three days per move. S ...[text shortened]... face value? [gid]https://www.redhotpawn.com/chess/play-chess.php?gameid=15603600&cbqsid=18329[/gid]
    Game 15603600

You should see a skull in your games list. If you click on that you get the win.

If there is no skull send feedback.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 21:06
    Here's how it's supposed to work.

In a regular game, when your opponent has zero timeout and zero time bank left, the skull should appear next to that game on your 'my games' page. But the win does not happen automatically. You must claim it by clicking the skull icon. But claiming the win on expired time is optional. If you want to allow the game to continue and give your opponent some extra time, you can do that by ignoring the skull.

However, if it is a tournament game, it will be different. When all time controls are 0, if the win is not claimed within two days after that, it will be automatically claimed. This is because the 'stalled' game may effect all the other players in the tournament who may be waiting for that game to end so the next round can start.

At least that is how I understand it. I'm sure someone will correct me if that is wrong. 🙂
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Mar '24 07:50
    @mwmiller

The timeout has bee4n taken, so I assume all is well now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree