1. England
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 08:40
    I have this in a time bank only tournament where my opponent has used up all his 21 days but before I could claim the timeout he put his vacation marker on and is now continuing to play. Surely vacations shouldn't be allowed in this type of tournament.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 08:01
    As mentioned before in this topic, it is not a "vacation" flag...it`s a "protection against timeout" flag, and that is exactly what your opponent is doing....

I agree that it`s not very elegant to start using it suddenly when the timebank is done, but(as far as i know...)there are no regulations how to use it, and putting up the flag is not infinite. 😉
  3. England
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 09:09
    Then they really shouldn't advertise the tournaments for "vacation phobic" players
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 14:11
    I guess this would make things a bit complicated. 😛

Enjoy your other games and cheers!
  5. SubscriberHappyChappy
    Stadtholder
    Moves
    23 Jul '16 01:09
    Agreed Peterbowen8 you are behaving like a baby in moaning about the use of vacation time and being rude to people responding to your questions. Vacation time can be used however each user deems fit and could be considered a courtesy for people's opponents considering that they may not be moving as frequently as expected
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Aug '16 23:55
    Originally posted by Georgie P
    Vacation flags are put up when you plan to be away from games for a period of time. If you retrun earlier then expected should you not move at all because it might offend someone or should you try to keep games moving? we all get a limited number of days. How anyone chooses to use them is up to them
    I am going to try and get a away to NFLD (Newfoundland) for 4 - 6 days. I'll be using my vacation flag in case I have problem with internet connections. I will also be moving every day that I can. I don't see a problem with that.

I will still have 30 days in case I need them. Anything can happen one can get sick and need to use them. If you abuse them and then get sick, you have nothing to fall back on.

Regards,
    -VR
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Sep '16 20:54
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I am going to try and get a away to NFLD (Newfoundland) for 4 - 6 days. I'll be using my vacation flag in case I have problem with internet connections. I will also be moving every day that I can. I don't see a problem with that.

I will still have 30 days in case I need them. Anything can happen one can get sick and need to use them. If you abuse them and then get sick, you have nothing to fall back on.

Regards,
    -VR
    I actually ended up staying for 8 days. There was places where I had problem with internet connection so happy I had the vacation flag up.

Regards,
    -VR
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 10:33
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I actually ended up staying for 8 days. There was places where I had problem with internet connection so happy I had the vacation flag up.

Regards,
    -VR
    I always use vacation flag when I can't be sure of a reliable internet connection. Mostly I still make moves, it's just insurance. I'd like to see the function blocked in timebank-only games though, it seems to be misused often there.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 12:142 edits
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I'd like to see the function blocked in timebank-only games though, it seems to be misused often there.
    Maybe an extra feature should be added in the design for the ones who setup the tournaments. The normal style tournaments, and tournaments where it`s not possible to use the time-out flag. Personally i think this will solve the "emotions" about this subject and it adds a little flavour... 😉
  10. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 22:37
    Originally posted by Peterbowen8
    This has been raised before. It is obvious that vacation privileges are being abused by some who are playing as normal but with the vacation sign up. They are effectively playing without any time control. Can this be reported as cheating? Either you are playing or youre not playing because you are on vacation. Not both.
    easy solution, ignore vacation flag, if the player is moving just check mate him/her problem solved
    plus it won't make you look like a moaning bell end

glad to been of help
  11. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    02 Oct '16 17:471 edit
    Originally posted by Peterbowen8
    This has been raised before. It is obvious that vacation privileges are being abused by some who are playing as normal but with the vacation sign up. They are effectively playing without any time control. Can this be reported as cheating? Either you are playing or youre not playing because you are on vacation. Not both.
    "They are effectively playing without any time control."
    Not true.Time and time bank still countdown regardless of the vacation flag.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree