1. The World
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 13:17
    Hi all,

In my profile there is a section that says:

Moves This Month is the number of moves made since the 1st of the month.
    Highest Rating excludes provisional (first 20) games.
    Tournament Entry Rating is calculated by the formula (CurrentRating + HighestRating) / 2. The entry rating will never drop to more than 100 points below your Highest Rating.

I am in a banded tournament (1425-1450) but have been pitted against an opponent who has - at his best - had a rating of 1,788. Given that point 2 says the tournament entry rating will never drop below 100 of your highest rating - this seems anomalous?

I'm happy to play in unbanded tournaments, and will expect to get beaten by better players in those, but in banded ones I was hoping for a closer contest.

Game 11557186

Thanks for your time.
    Paul
  2. Joined
    13 Aug '11
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 16:35
    Originally posted by Paul A Roberts
    Hi all,

In my profile there is a section that says:

Moves This Month is the number of moves made since the 1st of the month.
    Highest Rating excludes provisional (first 20) games.
    Tournament Entry Rating is calculated by the formula (CurrentRating + HighestRating) / 2. The entry rating will never drop to more than 100 points below your Highest ...[text shortened]... ed ones I was hoping for a closer contest.

Game 11557186

Thanks for your time.
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

Your opponent's highest rating in the last year was 1531, which places his minimum TE rating at 1431 based on the formula. Given your opponents average, I would consider your game a fair contest. Also, be aware that a large game load can result in a wide rating span, given the increased potential for large winning and losing streaks.
  3. The World
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 16:57
    Originally posted by pilgrim21
    Hi Paul,

Your opponent's highest rating in the last year was 1531, which places his minimum TE rating at 1431 based on the formula. Given your opponents average, I would consider your game a fair contest. Also, be aware that a large game load can result in a wide rating span, given the increased potential for large winning and losing streaks.
    Hi there,

Thanks for coming back to me, but you mention 'last year'? The notes in the profile do not mention a time constraint on the highest rating?

Thanks
    Paul
  4. Joined
    13 Aug '11
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 17:36
    Hi there,

Thanks for coming back to me, but you mention 'last year'? The notes in the profile do not mention a time constraint on the highest rating?

Thanks
    Paul
    I remember seeing the 365 day window as part of the calculation when I first read about the rating system, but I can't find it now. However, a quick tour of several profiles will clearly reveal that the one year high is what is used.
  5. The World
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 20:59
    Originally posted by pilgrim21
    I remember seeing the 365 day window as part of the calculation when I first read about the rating system, but I can't find it now. However, a quick tour of several profiles will clearly reveal that the one year high is what is used.
    Thank you for the clarification!

I shall just try my best!
  6. Joined
    13 Aug '11
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 21:12
    Thank you for the clarification!

I shall just try my best!
    You're welcome and good luck with your match.
  7. Joined
    09 Mar '16
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 11:291 edit
    Hello, My name is Rob and I recently won the blackjack tournament aboard the carnival glory. I am unable to make the tournament on the carnival magic beginning on April 30th, 2016 due to work and having no time off. It is a $100,000 blackjack tournament payout amongst the winners. I would like to sell my seat which is a 500 dollar value and also comes with a certificate for up to twenty five percent off a booked room on the ship. I am only looking for a best offer for this ticket and would like to sell it as soon as possible http://www.traininginsholinganallur.in/web-designing-training-in-chennai.html | http://www.besanttechnologies.com/training-courses/web-designing-training
  8. Joined
    18 Apr '16
    Moves
    03 May '16 11:40
    Amy is an accomplished entrepreneur with a passion
    for life, travel, family and new opportunities for you.
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    09 May '16 08:12
    It seems the spam artists have infiltrated this thread. Ignore the last two posts please.
  10. UK
    Moves
    27 May '16 09:11
    But Amy and Vivek seem like a match made in heaven?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree