1. Amersham, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 13:21
    If you look at some of the tournaments I've entered there is one player who is in nearly all of them but is just not making any moves. It seems to me that players who do this are taking space for others and, if they suddenly do start playing, they mess up your number of games and can have artifically low rankings that mess up your rankings.

Can anything be done about this?

Serial non-movers be eliminated?

MP
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 18:52
    Originally posted by Hyperion7
    If you look at some of the tournaments I've entered there is one player who is in nearly all of them but is just not making any moves. It seems to me that players who do this are taking space for others and, if they suddenly do start playing, they mess up your number of games and can have artifically low rankings that mess up your rankings.

MP
    The player maybe a serial sandbagger.
    Some enter tournaments and resign or lose to artificially lower their rating.
    This can be an advantage when playing clan games or by lowering their t.e.r to enter other tournaments
  3. Amersham, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 07:44
    Originally posted by venda
    The player maybe a serial sandbagger.
    Some enter tournaments and resign or lose to artificially lower their rating.
    This can be an advantage when playing clan games or by lowering their t.e.r to enter other tournaments
    It seems pretty clear to me who these people are. Looking at some of their old games it is clear that they have resigned a number of games repeatedly from neutral positions. Their ranking might be 800/900 but they play like 1500 players. Can the administrators not put a block on these players?
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 17:52
    It seems pretty clear to me who these people are. Looking at some of their old games it is clear that they have resigned a number of games repeatedly from neutral positions. Their ranking might be 800/900 but they play like 1500 players. Can the administrators not put a block on these players?
    This has been discussed a few times already. But up to now no action is being taken.

One could imagine to give the yellow card to people timing out a lot tournament games and a red one in the case of repetition. The acrd could wear off in, say six month.
  5. Amersham, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 09:22
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    This has been discussed a few times already. But up to now no action is being taken.

One could imagine to give the yellow card to people timing out a lot tournament games and a red one in the case of repetition. The acrd could wear off in, say six month.
    Good idea.

This site is so well run and so many participants play in the spirit of the game, that it is irksome when some players take advantage of the format and mess things up for the rest of us.

MP
  6. Joined
    19 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '17 21:32

MP
    I agree. this has happened in a couple of tournaments recently that I am playing. I sent the member a message querying their non movement and then quitting, they just deleted my message. Perhaps this is something Russ should look at.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree