1. Subscriberkoops
    Koop da Dog
    New York Usa
    Moves
    01 Nov '15 14:21
    Rbhill was up to 988 games,and just entered into another tournament? Most of his games are timing losses, what the point. I have 2 games against him now which are about to time out. He's not the only one doing this I have noticed, or his trying to bust this site down?
  2. Subscribervendaonline
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    01 Nov '15 22:41
    Originally posted by koops
    Rbhill was up to 988 games,and just entered into another tournament? Most of his games are timing losses, what the point. I have 2 games against him now which are about to time out. He's not the only one doing this I have noticed, or his trying to bust this site down?
    I agree.
    Perhaps it's time to impose a limit but what limit would you impose?
    I can't see the point as you say.
    Why don't you ask him when you move in one of the games?
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    10 Nov '15 00:07
    This site is a correspondence chess site.
  4. Joined
    22 Feb '10
    Moves
    13 Nov '15 03:14
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    This site is a correspondence chess site.
    Hmm. "Correspondence chess is chess played by various forms of long-distance correspondence, usually through a correspondence chess server, through email or by the postal system.". I can't find any mention of "join every single game possible" or "he who enters the most games wins.". 🙂

Personally, I start making big mistakes when playing more than about ten games. I suspect others do as well. For instance, I've beaten 2000+-ranked players here simply because they were also playing 1200 other games at the same time. Because of this, they take the maximum amount of time possible to make their moves. I usually don't complain, since I agreed to the time terms, but all of this does take some of the fun out of it all.

BTW, I'm sure that you are better than the 900-ish rating that you currently have. Could it be that you cannot handle your current game load? Why ask for even more?

Cheers!
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    13 Nov '15 05:01
    What is worse than timing out is that there are some individuals
    that enter many tournaments, then resign all the games after 1 or 2 moves.

They must realize that they take a spot away from someone who actually might want to play some chess.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 21:51
    Originally posted by jertamev
    Hmm. "Correspondence chess is chess played by various forms of long-distance correspondence, usually through a correspondence chess server, through email or by the postal system.". I can't find any mention of "join every single game possible" or "he who enters the most games wins.". 🙂

Personally, I start making big mistakes when playing more than about ...[text shortened]... . Could it be that you cannot handle your current game load? Why ask for even more?

Cheers!
    If you google Redhotpawn correspondent chess it come up as snail mail correspondents chess.

I made the mistake of doing a lot of hardcore chess tournaments. I can handle all my 3+ day matches.
  7. Joined
    22 Feb '10
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 01:26
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    If you google Redhotpawn correspondent chess it come up as snail mail correspondents chess.

I made the mistake of doing a lot of hardcore chess tournaments. I can handle all my 3+ day matches.
    Can't Google it; gotta Bing it. I'm an ex-Microsoftie.... 🙂
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 04:34
    Bing's too commercial, I only get stuff from adverts most of the time so I don't go there any more. There are plenty of good ones around if you don't use google.
  9. Joined
    22 Feb '10
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 23:49
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Bing's too commercial, I only get stuff from adverts most of the time so I don't go there any more. There are plenty of good ones around if you don't use google.
    I think they're all too commercial, but I was really just making fun. It's a running joke at work. The MS kool-aid takes a while to dissipate. 🙂
  10. UK
    Moves
    07 Jan '16 14:58
    I've been matched up with the same player a couple of times. They do move, but use pretty much all their time each time, running the timebank down to minimum. I got about 6 moves in then they timed out.

I also don't understand how people can play so many games at once. I've got too many and I'm only at about 25.
  11. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    07 Jan '16 17:08
    The sad point is that there are players on here, who get more pleasure from the amount of moves they make compared to actually playing and winning a chess game. You only have to look at page 1 of the most active chess player to see that. Certain players knocking out 15,000+ moves every single month. My advice to them is enjoy chess, but do other things in life as well. Sorry if that upset,s anybdy on page one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree