US Open

Subscribermy2sons
Sports 16 Jun '17 02:27
  1. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    16 Jun '17 02:27
    The US Open in Wisconsin this year is a joke. It is suppose to be a test of the best golfers in the world but it is just a birdie fest. It would be more interesting watching a putt putt tournament. Would not bet against someone winning this fiasco with a score of 30 under par.
  2. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Jun '17 06:201 edit
    Originally posted by my2sons
    The US Open in Wisconsin this year is a joke. It is suppose to be a test of the best golfers in the world but it is just a birdie fest. It would be more interesting watching a putt putt tournament. Would not bet against someone winning this fiasco with a score of 30 under par.
    I'll give you 10-1 no one wins with below 15 under par.
  3. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    17 Jun '17 00:43
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    I'll give you 10-1 no one wins with below 15 under par.
    15 under par is more like the Quad Cities open, not the US Open. The USGA has made this course so easy to appease these high priced whinny golfers, it's not even worth a minute of my time.
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 07:09
    15 under par is more like the Quad Cities open, not the US Open. The USGA has made this course so easy to appease these high priced whinny golfers, it's not even worth a minute of my time.
    Should have taken the bet....
  5. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 15:47
    Here is an interesting stat. In the 116 previous US opens, only six players have ever reached 10 under par. Going into today's round we have five players at this joke of a course 10 under par. The USGA should be ashamed of itself. This US Open should be renamed the Little Sisters of the Poor golf tournament. Sad.
  6. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Jun '17 05:59
    Really should have.....
  7. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 14:17
    Yes, the organizers could have done a better job here. I like watching golf though. Ir's my way of mentally "checking out"
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 17:43
    Really should have.....
    Is it too late to get in on the action?
  9. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 15:381 edit
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Is it too late to get in on the action?
    Not at all, though the odds have changed a bit.

It is now 1/1000000000000000000000000000 on.

Please forward the amount you care to bet, and I will return the stake, plus your winnings, within 14 days.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Jun '17 00:03
    world no.2 and 3 didn't think that
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '17 16:19
    Not at all, though the odds have changed a bit.

It is now 1/1000000000000000000000000000 on.

Please forward the amount you care to bet, and I will return the stake, plus your winnings, within 14 days.
    Awesome, sent your account details and I'll get that deposited asap
  12. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    03 Jul '17 20:38
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    world no.2 and 3 didn't think that
    What is interesting is that the best the pros can do at a nothing course near Washington DC last week is 7 under par whereas the winner at the US open is 16 under par.

Perhaps they should move the open to this course. I'm hoping the British Open will be a bit more challenging but I doubt it. The PGA championship is the only major that gives these whinny pros even a bit of a challenge.

As a footnote the winning score in the Senior Open was something like 19 under par. These so called majors have no bite in them anymore. Wide fairways, flat greens, no hazards, no rough, par 4's you can drive, might as well just call it putt putt and be done with it.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 22:25
    Originally posted by @my2sons
    What is interesting is that the best the pros can do at a nothing course near Washington DC last week is 7 under par whereas the winner at the US open is 16 under par.

Perhaps they should move the open to this course. I'm hoping the British Open will be a bit more challenging but I doubt it. The PGA championship is the only major that gives these whinn ...[text shortened]... ards, no rough, par 4's you can drive, might as well just call it putt putt and be done with it.
    Yep!!!

Oh the Fescue!!! Idiots.

Always love that ball trickling into the water at Augusta after you think they made a centre of the green shot

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree