1. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 19:03
    The NFL is now dominated by black players. Are there no good white players?

The MLB is recruiting from Cuba and other nations. Are there no great baseball players in America?

What is happening? Why are white players not good enough?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 19:07
    Don't forget the NBA, mostly black.

Where are the white athletes?
  3. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 08:29
    Originally posted by chaney3

playing golf
  4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    14 Jan '17 01:27

The MLB is recruiting from Cuba and other nations. Are there no great baseball players in America?

Yes, there are some good white athletes, but many of them don't go in for a sports career after college. opting instead for business, law, medicine etc. Black players typically look upon college as a farm system for the NFL, NBA, or MLB. Not always, of course, but generally so.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 21:15

Don't forget Olympic track & field. And recently, women's gymnastics, dominated by Simone Biles.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Jan '17 19:54
    Originally posted by mchill
    Yes, there are some good white athletes, but many of them don't go in for a sports career after college. opting instead for business, law, medicine etc. Black players typically look upon college as a farm system for the NFL, NBA, or MLB. Not always, of course, but generally so.
    If they went to college for sports and ended up somewhere else, it usually means they weren't good enough to play professionally. Pro sports pays FAR more than business, law, medicine, etc.
  7. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Jan '17 07:19
    Originally posted by vivify
    If they went to college for sports and ended up somewhere else, it usually means they weren't good enough to play professionally. Pro sports pays FAR more than business, law, medicine, etc.
    agreed. But I think baseball still has the numbers in white players. I think it is just more evenly spread out among many cultures. Also, there are far more sports then the ones we have listed here. How about hockey? All white. Truthfully, it does not matter to me if they are white are not. Come Olympics, I only care if they are from the US as we all hope for our countries to do well. I also think one reason for going after other players from other countries is money. They can get almost as good, or as good, and in some cases better athletes else where, however, they are paying them less then half of what the Americans are getting. Just my humble opinion. And I live in the United States, PA
  8. old pueblo
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 02:48

I could be totally wrong, but it could be a work ethic thing. Do you want to recruit a kid who's been raised to be a primadonna, or one who is hungry to work hard and prove himself?

I'm not saying that this is really happening, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.
  9. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 15:58

Playing 2 on 2 in a suburban driveway does not prepare you for playing at an inner-city park.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree