1. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    10 Jun '17 17:411 edit
    In the Champions Trophy (1 day tournament in England), Australia have just been given a royal 'donkey licking' by England and are on their way home.

England march onto the semi finals along with which team from their's and Oz's group?

None other than Bangladesh! (see the start of my earlier thread, 'Aussie Cricket Woes', oh the irony!!)

Aussie team currently booking taxi to airport.

Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio......
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    10 Jun '17 17:50
    Originally posted by Blood On The Tracks
    In the Champions Trophy (1 day tournament in England), Australia have just been given a royal 'donkey licking' by England and are on their way home.

England march onto the semi finals along with which team from their's and Oz's group?

None other than Bangladesh! (see the start of my earlier thread, 'Aussie Cricket Woes', oh the irony!!)

Aussie team currently booking taxi to airport.

Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio......
    don't know a thing about cricket and so I am unable to provide my expert commentary
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    10 Jun '17 17:52
    Like several on this site, Lemon
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 09:07
    Like several on this site, Lemon
    I don't know much about cricket

But surely the Chinese must be the world's best?

Correct if I am wrong
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 09:111 edit
    Roma, please don't invite the wiki queen into my cricket thread!

that wicked topspin/side spin etc would make Shane Warne drool with envy!

ps ~ respect to your lad yesterday. 2 amazing free kicks
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '17 00:53
    With two rained off matches they can consider themselves unlucky. NZ are the ones you should be laughing at but as Ireland have shown in world cups, anything can happen in one day cricket.

England won't win it, they can't, it's not in their nature. Only India can win it now, expect them to humiliate England in the final. Then you can answer the question, is it better to crash out at the group stage or get slaughtered in a final 😛
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    12 Jun '17 07:54
    Hi Trev

Didnt know you were a whinging Aussie

Progress to the semi finals was there for them on Saturday ~ beat England, you are through. England actually had less incentive to win the game, as we were already through to semi finals.

England totally humiliated Australia in that game, When the rains came, we needed just 37 off 10 overs, with loads of wickets in hand. Even a 1970s 1 day side would canter that!

So you back England for the final? With our 'world ranking' in ODI cricket, that in itself would be a great achievement. We shall see
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '17 17:48
    Hi Trev

Didnt know you were a whinging Aussie

Progress to the semi finals was there for them on Saturday ~ beat England, you are through. England actually had less incentive to win the game, as we were already through to semi finals.

England totally humiliated Australia in that game, When the rains came, we needed just 37 off 10 overs, w ...[text shortened]... th our 'world ranking' in ODI cricket, that in itself would be a great achievement. We shall see
    I'm Irish, wasn't talking about the England Aussie game, they were well beaten but were unlucky against Bangladesh.

I'd say England will beat Pakistan but who knows, I'm sure they'd love to face India in the final. I was in India during the 2011 world cup and went to a few matches, couldn't get semi final tickets but happened to be in Mumbai, the Indians celebrated more after beating Pakistan than when they won the cup.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    12 Jun '17 20:05
    But Oz were lucky against Nz . swings n roundabouts. Their quarter final was against england, and they were easily beaten.

Not too bothered abt the rest of the tournament. Not a ODI fan. But always nice to send Oz packing!
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 21:07
    Hi Trev

Under performed as usual, this time in semi, and had a royal whipping from Pakistan.

Credit to them, totally out played us on the day.

Soon real cricket starts v SA
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 21:52
    Hi Trev

Under performed as usual, this time in semi, and had a royal whipping from Pakistan.

Credit to them, totally out played us on the day.

Soon real cricket starts v SA
    I did say it was in their nature but didn't expect that from Pakistan as they tend to fall asleep in big game as well. Should be an interesting final if Pakistan show up.
  12. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 18:08
    Originally posted by Trev33
    I did say it was in their nature but didn't expect that from Pakistan as they tend to fall asleep in big game as well. Should be an interesting final if Pakistan show up.
    Pakistan did great! Ousted India in the final. Great champs. SA Proteas dropped out in the quarter finals, also by Pakistan.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree