1. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 11:42
    another manager sacked, leicester booted Ranieri after pellegrini and van gaal were also sacked.
    all three won the three major competitions in the EPL last year
    pellegrini won the league cup, his reward sacked
    van gaal won the FA cup his reward sacked
    Ranieri won the big one the title 5000/1 outsiders his reward sacked

perhaps it's safer to win nothing like Wengar and Kloop if you want to keep your job.
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 12:15
    Originally posted by roma45
    another manager sacked, leicester booted Ranieri after pellegrini and van gaal were also sacked.

perhaps it's safer to win nothing like Wengar and Kloop if you want to keep your job.
    England don't like winners. They're not used to it. If a manager led England to a World Cup victory he would be sacked the next day for such insolence. Anything above ordinary is a breach of ethics.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 02:33

There's gotta be more to this surely.
    Would love to be a fly on the wall in the managers office
  4. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 09:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    There's gotta be more to this surely.
    Would love to be a fly on the wall in the managers office
    Eddie Jones, keep your boots on...
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 11:172 edits
    Originally posted by pawnpaw
    Eddie Jones, keep your boots on...
    Just like to say first of all that the Ranieri sacking was awful, and most English football fans would agree

However, he wasn't sacked for his success last year, he was sacked because Leicester are in real danger of relegation this year, and the owners have decided to look elsewhere

So not sacked for being a winner, but for failing to maintain the winning.

For all that, a very sad decision, and very heartening to hear of true fans in loads of games over the weekend, obviously from all sorts of areas of England, chanting his name.

They can never take away what he achieved

As for Eddie Jones ~ we love him! 17 wins on the bounce and counting (a quarter of them vs Australia). The odd acerbic comment in the press, the latest about Italian 'spoiling' tactics yesterday

What is there not to like?
  6. Standard memberMammy Blue
    Delicious Monster...
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 11:33
    Originally posted by Blood On The Tracks
    Just like to say first of all that the Ranieri sacking was awful, and most English football fans would agree

However, he wasn't sacked for his success last year, he was sacked because Leicester are in real danger of relegation this year, and the owners have decided to look elsewhere

So not sacked for being a winner, but for failing to maint ...[text shortened]... n the press, the latest about Italian 'spoiling' tactics yesterday

Eddie Jones is good, it's just he made our Springboks look secondrate a few times, with the Japanese team, etc. But then the Boks needed a kick in the butt to wake up! 🙂
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 13:40
    As for Eddie Jones ~ we love him! 17 wins on the bounce and counting (a quarter of them vs Australia). The odd acerbic comment in the press, the latest about Italian 'spoiling' tactics yesterday

Sour grapes after the Italian game.
    "This is not rugby"

I'm afraid it was.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 13:471 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Sour grapes after the Italian game.
    "This is not rugby"

I'm afraid it was.
    they were legit, but essentially spoiling tactics

for any rugby fan who didnt see it, when Italy tackled an English player they didnt commit players to the tackle area, thus NOT forming a ruck, and so no offside line. Then Italy players could get 'behind' England, and stand between players trying to pass. Think netball.

All it took (as in 2nd half) was to pick the ball up at the tackle point, and big locks and back rowers to smash through the scantily protected contact area, ie, forget passing, the Italy players who had 'run forward' were out of the game, simple.

Jones went a little 'OTT', but it's part of his charm

Anyway, this thread is about Leicester/Ranieri. Leicester's first game without Claudio saw them stuff Liverpool 3-1. At the moment in England the players are being castigated for only trying after their old manager left!
  9. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 14:51
    they were legit, but essentially spoiling tactics

for any rugby fan who didnt see it, when Italy tackled an English player they didnt commit players to the tackle area, thus NOT forming a ruck, and so no offside line. Then Italy players could get 'behind' England, and stand between players trying to pass. Think netball.

All it took (as in 2 ...[text shortened]... moment in England the players are being castigated for only trying after their old manager left!
    That's the third time Liverpool have suffered playing a team after manager sacked
    Swansea beat them when bottom of the league
    Hull also beat them now Leicester
    Teams seem to get a boost after the manager is sacked Liverpool seemed to get the short straw or are they over rated
    Pity Chelsea are so far in front as just a few points separate a lot of teams
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 23:11
    That's the third time Liverpool have suffered playing a team after manager sacked
    Swansea beat them when bottom of the league
    Hull also beat them now Leicester
    Teams seem to get a boost after the manager is sacked Liverpool seemed to get the short straw or are they over rated
    Pity Chelsea are so far in front as just a few points separate a lot of teams
    It's easy to say liverpool are overated however it's undeniable that they have a consistent record over many years which I am not sure what to attribute to. (u? )
    Year after year I think they are going to slip and year after year they come up 4th or 5th. No mean feat in any decent professional comp
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    02 Mar '17 10:16
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    It's easy to say liverpool are overated however it's undeniable that they have a consistent record over many years which I am not sure what to attribute to. (u? )
    Year after year I think they are going to slip and year after year they come up 4th or 5th. No mean feat in any decent professional comp
    In fairness, KA, in the last 7 completed seasons (going back to 09/10), Liverpool have only finished above 6th once. But I take your point, clearly a consistant 'upper top half' team.

££££ may have something to do with that success, one of the top spenders in the PL

Much speculation about their recent form. Some pundits feel that Klopp's style of play (v energetic, pressing players all the time) is energy sapping, and they are 'tired'. Bless.

Certainly they have a 'plan A and no plan B'. On Monday they 'pressed' high up the pitch again, which, for their back 4, leaves lots of space behind which is exactly what Vardy thrives on.

To take up Roma's first post, Klopp has now, I believe, an almost identical League record with Liverpool to that of Brendan Rogers, and look what happened to him!
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    02 Mar '17 11:421 edit
    By the way, KA, I see some 'thumb downer' has been seeking out our posts on this thread!

Any idea who that might be................................................................................................??

(the full stops are a clue)

whoever, clearly someone without the backbone to engage in this soccer thread
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Mar '17 00:10
    In fairness, KA, in the last 7 completed seasons (going back to 09/10), Liverpool have only finished above 6th once. But I take your point, clearly a consistant 'upper top half' team.

££££ may have something to do with that success, one of the top spenders in the PL

Much speculation about their recent form. Some pundits feel that Klopp's st ...[text shortened]... identical League record with Liverpool to that of Brendan Rogers, and look what happened to him!
    Thanks dude. Eversince sport went to pay tv, I am really lagging to get any consistent info on much epl stuff

And yeah, with the callibre of players they really should get a bit of silverware from time to time
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Mar '17 00:122 edits
    By the way, KA, I see some 'thumb downer' has been seeking out our posts on this thread!

Any idea who that might be................................................................................................??

Thumbing down without any explanation is a blight on this site. I've said as much and made my case in the "Site ideas" forum.

(thumb down top right corner thnx 🙂 )
  15. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 09:19

I've given you a thumbs down for the usage of "soccer" when writing about the beautiful game of football .
    😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree