1. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 08:001 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Barring a miracle,( mind you getting a whole ten wickets for 87 runs would only be considered a minor miracle in cricketing terms - especially batting last on an Indian wicket in the last innings), it would seem the match is lost.
    I thought for a sec there after Maxwell and Handscomb put on an impressive 50 run p'ship that they could put up 200 or 220 ...[text shortened]... s in handy here, because I fear there will be blood on the Tracks for Australia early on day 4 .
    Yes, just woke over here to see India cruised to a fairly comfortable 100--odd for 2 (or 2 for 100, as you say!)

It certainly was an amazing series to follow as a neutral, must have been heart stopping for a fan of either side.

Have to hold my hand up and say that Oz put up a better fight than England, I put it down to India being tired after the enormous effort of beating England 😉

ps you were right about O'Keefe, fairly anonymous after Test 1

I forsee a very equal Ashes fight, similar to the one over here 2 years ago. Chat then
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 22:492 edits
    Hi radio

you're quiet. Nothing to say about the Oz defeat, your championing of O'Keefe ( not many wickets for 50-odd a piece in the last 3 games)??? KA got him totally right

I feel a 'Bangladesh' surfacing on the horizon

You take care, Champ. Don't get too stressed about those 'collusion points' and 'rollback' (only around 6 people in the world care ~ let it go ~ breath out....) (anyone puzzled, just read the joke that is 'Site Ideas' and 'Clans' and lose the will to live)

Your typed prediction is 5-0 to Oz in next series. We shall see, Champ. Don't you fret none, I'll be back to mock you.

Bye for now, Champ...but...................................................................(those.....again).......................................come on, post a reply. Want my thread to (surely?) be the first in Sports to hit 200
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 23:57
    😵
  4. Sydney, Australia
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 00:51
    Haven't read the full thread yet. But have to agree with the 5-0 that someone has announced.
    Sounds about right.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 22:291 edit
    Originally posted by Glasnost
    Haven't read the full thread yet. But have to agree with the 5-0 that someone has announced.
    Sounds about right.
    Oh, don't be so negative

I am a big england fan, but even I would be happy with 3-1 like a few years ago.

Think 5-0 might be optimistic for us, but thanks for the endorsement
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    04 Apr '17 16:16
    Your scores get really high and cricket? Because one team beat another team by 103 point yesterday.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    05 Apr '17 11:08
    Hi there.

Yes, I would say that 250 to 300 runs (your points) per innings is about average.

In Test matches (the recognised main challenge between countries), each team bats twice (has 2 innings), so 500 plus runs per team in one game is quite normal
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 08:56
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Your scores get really high and cricket? Because one team beat another team by 103 point yesterday.
    "points" ...lol .

Well done Bott. we got to the 200 mark. It's been fun and I do look forward to the ashes. and it wont be 5-0 either way, but too early to be making predictions
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 22:52
    Hi my friend, we did. Nice to chat to genuine Aussie cricket fans, and one other, who seems to have disappeared with his posters of O'Keefe!!!!

What a great series the India v Oz one was. Heartbreaking for you guys (though a 2-1 loss in India is hardly a bad result)

Be back for your Ashes thread ~ lets get past 200 on that

sorry I never challenged you, taking a break from chess for a while. Worn down by the constant jibes from the likes of our friend (honest 😉 )

chat in autumn

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree