1. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 10:08
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Yes. It's when I turn to Islam I will find oil in my back yard.
    They did, they bet on the right horse.
    It is at the end of this life where we can take nothing with us, that we see who backed the
    right horse. Nothing in this life is forever, the next one, yes.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 11:40
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    It is at the end of this life where we can take nothing with us, that we see who backed the
    right horse. Nothing in this life is forever, the next one, yes.
    Totally agree with you there. Nothing to complain about. All correct, all true.

Apart from the 'next one' clause, of course. Do you really believe in the hindu reincarnation thingy?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 12:211 edit
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Why does god always get the credit but never the blame? For example, a church burns down after being struck by lightning. Thirty people die but one survives. The survivor credits god for saving him, but no one ever blames god for letting the other 30 people die.
    The first book written in the Bible Job contains about thirty eight chapters of a wise man "blaming God" for some personal tragic calamities. He is defending his personal experience against three other world class wisemen who assure Job that he MUST be mistaken.

This is the oldest book in the Bible. It could have been titled something like "Equal Time Given for Blaming God".
  4. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 16:48
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Totally agree with you there. Nothing to complain about. All correct, all true.

Apart from the 'next one' clause, of course. Do you really believe in the hindu reincarnation thingy?
    No
  5. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 16:57
    Originally posted by sonship
    The first book written in the Bible [b]Job contains about thirty eight chapters of a wise man "blaming God" for some personal tragic calamities. He is defending his personal experience against three other world class wisemen who assure Job that he MUST be mistaken.

This is the oldest book in the Bible. It could have been titled something like "Equal Time Given for Blaming God". [/b]
    I do believe if I am not mistaken, God ended up rebuking all but one in the end.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 21:552 edits
    I do believe if I am not mistaken, God ended up rebuking all but one in the end.
    At the end God STILL did not explain exactly why He was having Job suffer.
    But it was enough for Job to finally meet God.

And you are right that all were rebuked by God in the end.
    Though Job was rebuked, his three friends were more rebuked. And God told them that He was angry because they did not speak rightly about Him as Job did.

But He would have Job intercede in prayer for them.

Oh, Elihu the mysterious fourth member to speak up at the end, was not rebuked. I think he was the recorder of the whole conversation. I think he must have been some kind of secretary recorder of the debates.
  7. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 02:37
    Originally posted by sonship
    At the end God STILL did not explain exactly why He was having [b]Job suffer.
    But it was enough for Job to finally meet God.

And you are right that all were rebuked by God in the end.
    Though Job was rebuked, his three friends were more rebuked. And God told them that He was angry because they did not speak rightly about ...[text shortened]... he whole conversation. I think he must have been some kind of secretary recorder of the debates.[/b]
    He didn't have to did He? One of the things about laying down one's life for the Lord, is
    that we lay down our lives for the Lord. Life can hit us with good and bad things, both can
    destroy us. If we are in Christ, suffering loss or great gain shouldn't trip us up, we can do all
    in Christ.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 11:492 edits
    He didn't have to did He? One of the things about laying down one's life for the Lord, is
    that we lay down our lives for the Lord. Life can hit us with good and bad things, both can
    destroy us. If we are in Christ, suffering loss or great gain shouldn't trip us up, we can do all
    in Christ.
    The answer to the reason for Job's suffering is not given in the book of Job, other than the fact that a kind of contest was going on between God and Satan in which Job was in the middle.

But the answer to the suffering of His saints IS given in the New Testament book . Second Corinthians , Paul's "autobiography" unveils to the people of God how circumstances cause us to have "no were else to go except up". We are pressed into Christ. Through adverse situations we gain Christ. God works Himself into man.

There are glimpses of this in some other books as well. But Second Corinthians really shows how God used Paul's difficulties to saturate Paul with Christ, filling him up with Christ, permeating him with Christ, interweaving Christ into every part of his personality.

Here is a little glimpse of this.

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellency of the power may be of God and not our of us. " (2 Cor. 4:7)

The apostles were "earthen vessels" in their humanity. But the triune God had dispensed into them divine life - Christ. He is the unfathomable eternal treasure residing in the earth vessels of the believers' beings.

Then he goes on.

"we are pressed on every side but not constricted, unable to find a way out but not utterly without a way out.

Persecuted but not abandoned;
    cast down but not destroyed;
    Always bearing about in the body the putting to death of Jesus that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. " (vs. 8-10)

The more they suffered by the power of Christ's resurrection the more Christ was manifested in their bodies and even their whole beings. Paul says that death worked in them but as a result divine life worked from out of them INTO the Christian churches that they served.

"For we who are alive are always being delivered unto death for Jesus sake that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.

So then death operates in us, but life in you." (vs.11,12)

This is a very big subject. But Paul encourages us that the sufferings of the present time are not worthy to be compared to the glory to eternally shine out from us as God wroughts His Spirit through and through the believers.

" For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the coming glory to be revealed upon us. " (Rom. 8:18)

And again in Second Corinthians 4:17.

"For our momentary lightness of affliction works out fo us, more and more surpassingly, an eternal weight of glory.

Because we do not regard the things which are seen but the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporary, but they things which are not seen are eternal." (vs. 17,18)

[

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree