1. Maryland
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 14:54
    Why does god always get the credit but never the blame? For example, a church burns down after being struck by lightning. Thirty people die but one survives. The survivor credits god for saving him, but no one ever blames god for letting the other 30 people die.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 14:56
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Why does god always get the credit but never the blame? For example, a church burns down after being struck by lightning. Thirty people die but one survives. The survivor credits god for saving him, but no one ever blames god for letting the other 30 people die.
    My answer is:
    To praise god is to guarantee oneself into the heaven.
    To blame god is to guarantee oneself into the hell.
    What would you chose?
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 15:432 edits
    The answer seems obvious.

A lot of people aren't rational. Especially when it comes to protecting incoherent core beliefs.
  4. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 16:49
    God gives and takes away, He does not get credit for so many of our blessings He gives us. Each breath, our health, jobs, sunshine, sunsets, and all the things we enjoy in the universe. I don't have a problem saying when we do die God's will is being done, or blaming others when they act out side of God's will, causing the death of one who would have lived on.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 18:48
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    The answer seems obvious.

A lot of people aren't rational. Especially when it comes to protecting incoherent core beliefs.
    Would you like to share some of your 'coherent core beliefs'?
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 19:20
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Would you like to share some of your 'coherent core beliefs'?
    I believe one of them is that Jesus is not the only person to have ascended in to heaven. (Okay, maybe not coherent, but certainly core).
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 19:40
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I believe one of them is that Jesus is not the only person to have ascended in to heaven. (Okay, maybe not coherent, but certainly core).
    Are you reading 'ThinkofOne's' mind, or did you just forget to sign in with your other account?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 20:28
    Are you reading 'ThinkofOne's' mind, or did you just forget to sign in with your other account?
    Obviously you haven't been following the other thread. That's all he's talked about for the last 2 days.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 22:00
    I thought this thread was going to be the one where you denounce capitalism (based on the title)
    🙂
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 22:04
    Ahhhh, the clincher for Christians.
    Why they would think that gods wisdom only passes through one guy is a never ending mystery to me.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 04:08
    Obviously you haven't been following the other thread. That's all he's talked about for the last 2 days.
    The plot thickens.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 06:54
    The plot thickens.
    🙄

To keep things nice and simple, you're the only one with multiple accounts.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 06:57
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    God gives and takes away, He does not get credit for so many of our blessings He gives us. Each breath, our health, jobs, sunshine, sunsets, and all the things we enjoy in the universe. I don't have a problem saying when we do die God's will is being done, or blaming others when they act out side of God's will, causing the death of one who would have lived on.
    He gave the arabs their oil, they got super-rich.
    Perhaps we're betting on the wrong horse...
  14. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 07:45
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    He gave the arabs their oil, they got super-rich.
    Perhaps we're betting on the wrong horse...
    Perhaps you are.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 09:051 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Perhaps you are.
    Yes. It's when I turn to Islam I will find oil in my back yard.
    They did, they bet on the right horse.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree