1. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 17:14
    Originally posted by chaney3
    God has certainly not explained Himself clearly, it would seem.
    No. Its simple ...some Christians suffer from the delusion that God is talking to them. Christians pastors, preachers and priest commit a whole host of sins and atrocities claiming that God told them to do it.. a bunch of disgusting sickos.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 18:00
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]It is a two way relationship. I can ask God for things and if it is good and brings him glory, I get it. I also talk to him constantly, sometimes praise, sometimes questions. I don't always get answers, but much of the time I do.

Of course the obvious flaw with believing that God answers, is that Christians have "received" very different answers ...[text shortened]... s come from God - even when it contradicts answers given to others. How do you account for this?[/b]
    Easy, it has to line up with what God promises in the bible. I am aware that some people say they have received something from God, but what they received is contrary to what the bible says and also contrary to god's character.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 18:143 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Easy, it has to line up with what God promises in the bible. I am aware that some people say they have received something from God, but what they received is contrary to what the bible says and also contrary to god's character.
    You think that those who have "received" answers contradictory to your own, don't also believe that the answers they received line up with "what the bible says" and with "god's character"?

All you've done here is kick the can down the road. The question still stands.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 19:13
    You think that those who have "received" answers contradictory to your own, don't also believe that the answers they received line up with "what the bible says" and with "god's character"?

All you've done here is kick the can down the road. The question still stands.

That is not for me to decide.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 19:48
    [b]You think that those who have "received" answers contradictory to your own, don't also believe that the answers they received line up with "what the bible says" and with "god's character"?

That is not for me to decide.[/b]
    I think you understand the issue and are disingenuously continuing to kick the can down the road.

Naturally those who believe they have "received" answers from God also believe that the answers they received line up with "what the bible says" and with "god's character" - just as you do. Otherwise they wouldn't believe the answer was from God.

So once again:
    Christians have "received" very different answers when it comes to topics such as slavery, race, gender roles, capital punishment, abortion, homosexuality, etc. The list goes on and on. With all believing that THEIR answer has come from God - even when it contradicts answers given to others. How do you account for this?

Can you provide a reasonable answer?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 22:02
    I think you understand the issue and are disingenuously continuing to kick the can down the road.

Naturally those who believe they have "received" answers from God also believe that the answers they received line up with "what the bible says" and with "god's character" - just as you do. Otherwise they wouldn't believe the answer was from God.

So on ...[text shortened]... ts answers given to others. How do you account for this?

Can you provide a reasonable answer?
    Again, it is not for me to decide. Everyone has different experiences, some are deceived, some are not. I am not God and cannot give you a good answer without offending someone. It is not profitable to anyone.
    All I can say is "sincerity" is no guarantee for truth.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 02:081 edit
    Again, it is not for me to decide. Everyone has different experiences, some are deceived, some are not. I am not God and cannot give you a good answer without offending someone. It is not profitable to anyone.
    Okay. I didn't think that you'd be able to provide a reasonable answer. Perhaps you should have simply admitted it from the git go.

There's no way for anyone to verify whether or not they themselves are actually receiving an answer from God.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 11:20
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    No. Its simple ...some Christians suffer from the delusion that God is talking to them. Christians pastors, preachers and priest commit a whole host of sins and atrocities claiming that God told them to do it.. a bunch of disgusting sickos.
    I'd bet you don't even pray.

No, no, wait... I bet that when/if you do pray you only pray the Lord's Prayer, over and over again, as if that gives what you're parroting any meaning.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 11:22
    Do you think that what Paul received from Jesus on the road to Damascus is "contrary to what the Bible says", or "contrary to God's character"?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 11:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Do you think that what Paul received from Jesus on the road to Damascus is "contrary to what the Bible says", or "contrary to God's character"?
    No, why would you ask?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 14:05
    Who are you referring to, or is it pretty much the whole lot?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 22:22
    Originally posted by whodey
    Who are you referring to, or is it pretty much the whole lot?
    Did you see the word 'some'. What does 'some' mean?
    Its because of these kinds of questions and similarly weird staqtemens that lead me to think that many Christians suffer from english comprehension deficiency, and why I resort to atheists to assist with interpretation of simple passages.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 23:44
    I agree with you here. It has never been any different either, God can give His Spirit, and people can pretend, or even be deceived about God too.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 23:55
    Did you see the word 'some'. What does 'some' mean?
    Its because of these kinds of questions and similarly weird staqtemens that lead me to think that many Christians suffer from english comprehension deficiency, and why I resort to atheists to assist with interpretation of simple passages.
    And a similarity of belief has nothing to do with it.

Mmm-hmm.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 23:57
    No, why would you ask?
    It was just a response to the over-generalization you made in your post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree