1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 23:06
    Apparently more men die from suicide than car crashes in Australia.

Why is this so?
    I have some theories...

But clearly "having it all", a materialist point of view that pervades western thinking, is not making people happy, like it claims to.

There are no answers in sight and this just goes on and on. As a parent I feel for every parent , and indeed everyone , that knew the person that took their own life.

You couldn't help but feel somewhat responsible , even though you know that you prolly couldn't do anything about it 99.9% of the time.
    Just sad
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 23:19
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

Why is this so?
    I have some theories...

But clearly "having it all", a materialist point of view that pervades western thinking, is not making people happy, like it claims to.

There are no answers in sight and this just goes on and on. As a parent I feel for every parent , a ...[text shortened]... even though you know that you prolly couldn't do anything about it 99.9% of the time.
    Just sad
    "Probably"
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 23:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    "Probably"
    But you knew what I meant , right?

Why is it so hard to understand that of you don't get into the spirit of something then nothing fruitful will ever come of it.

Now I know you were PROBABLY half-joking, but when I clicked on your response, the 1st response on this thread, it was totally alien to the spirit of the thread.

But, fine, hey whatever... we're all going be 6 foot under soon anyway right, so why care? Right?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 14:57
    But you knew what I meant , right?

Why is it so hard to understand that of you don't get into the spirit of something then nothing fruitful will ever come of it.

Now I know you were PROBABLY half-joking, but when I clicked on your response, the 1st response on this thread, it was totally alien to the spirit of the thread.

But, fine, hey whatever... we're all going be 6 foot under soon anyway right, so why care? Right?
    I wasn't sure what the point was you were making, other than it's sad that more men in Auz commit suicide than die in car crashes and material wealth is not a solution.

Then I got to "prolly". That sort of speak grates to be honest. Where does it come from?
  5. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 15:08

Why is this so?
    I have some theories...

There are no answers in sight and this just goes on and on. As a parent I feel for every parent , a ...[text shortened]... even though you know that you prolly couldn't do anything about it 99.9% of the time.
    Just sad
    In Australia,less vehicles per mile of road?
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 15:21

Why is this so?
    I have some theories...

Just sad
    Apparently depression and hopelessness about ones situation are reasons, especially when coupled with an impulsive personality.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 15:40
    Reasons for increasing suicide in the US?

Prolly rising unemployment, a declining standard of living, a political system so screwed up that all hope is lost for the country, drug abuse is on the rise, church attendance is down, Chicago is more violent than most terrorist countries, etc., etc., etc.

Essentially people are losing all hope.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 16:08

Why is this so?
    Seat belts? Strict no drink and drive laws?

You may find the statistics are similar in Zambia and China - because most people don't drive.

I believe that being dirt poor is a horrible existence and people get significantly happier if they don't have to struggle to survive. But as you get wealthier there is a decrease in returns where more wealth doesn't necessarily help. There is also a strong tendency for people to push the limits of their budgets so that they feel like they are struggling to survive - even when they don't really have to.

Money doesn't fix everything, but it sure does help.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 16:10
    Originally posted by whodey

Prolly rising unemployment, a declining standard of living, a political system so screwed up that all hope is lost for the country, drug abuse is on the rise, church attendance is down, Chicago is more violent than most terrorist countries, etc., etc., etc.

So basically its the medias fault.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 16:142 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So basically its the medias fault.
    Nope, only Christian white males are to blame.

Everyone else is blameless.

This kinda prompted my thread on rejoicing in the Lord even in the midst of doom. Paul was able to do it even though in jail and sentenced to die. This is what Christians need to do when confronted with everything being taken from them, whether it be the at the hands of government or their corporate goons.

In human history, the vast number of people on earth of been slaves, but can mankind still find God and find freedom like Paul even though in chains made from human hands?

Can we find freedom in God even though a captive of our fellow man?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 16:47
    Nope, only Christian white males are to blame.

Everyone else is blameless.

This kinda prompted my thread on rejoicing in the Lord even in the midst of doom. Paul was able to do it even though in jail and sentenced to die. This is what Christians need to do when confronted with everything being taken from them, whether it be the at the hands of governm ...[text shortened]... ns made from human hands?

Can we find freedom in God even though a captive of our fellow man?
    Correction. Its not the media's fault. You are just stark raving bonkers.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 20:00
    Seat belts? Strict no drink and drive laws?

You may find the statistics are similar in Zambia and China - because most people don't drive.

[b]But clearly "having it all", a materialist point of view that pervades western thinking, is not making people happy, like it claims to.

I believe that being dirt poor is a horrible existence and people ge ...[text shortened]... e - even when they don't really have to.

Money doesn't fix everything, but it sure does help.[/b]
    The happiest people generally don't know they are the happiest. It is those who are in good health have good marriages decent jobs and who steer clear of worldliness and a life based on materialism.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 20:09

Yeah, it's all Obama's fault.

This gets so unbelievably tiring.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 20:33
    Correction. Its not the media's fault. You are just stark raving bonkers.
    I am in no way stark raving! 😠
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 20:34
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yeah, it's all Obama's fault.

This gets so unbelievably tiring.
    Finally after all of these years I've convinced you! 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree