1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 19:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If you are saying that having "no spiritual heath issues" is being a believer and that "having spiritual health issues" is being an unbeliever, then yes i can totally concur with you.

However that is surely not what you meant (assuming it is you being referenced in the OP) when you said it? Surely you were not just saying FMF is an unbeliever...is that what you were saying?
    That's not what I'm saying. You're reading way too much into what I mean by what I say, and you're over complicating the issue.

I didn't reply at all to the OP.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 19:59
    There is also the feeling of "connectedness" - to people, to animals, environment, etc. Lack of it could indicate spiritual illness.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 20:22
    Originally posted by josephw
    That's not what I'm saying. You're reading way too much into what I mean by what I say, and you're over complicating the issue.

I didn't reply at all to the OP.
    You can either explain what you meant, or address my post. It's just forum etiquette.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 20:48
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    There is also the feeling of "connectedness" - to people, to animals, environment, etc. Lack of it could indicate spiritual illness.
    So might there perhaps be more "spiritual illness" in cities than in rural areas?
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 09:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    So might there perhaps be more "spiritual illness" in cities than in rural areas?
    I don't think that follows. City spirit is different from country spirit, but that doesn't make it ill. Holmes (Doyle) taught me that in the country, the perversions are well hidden. In the city people are always inches away, so everyone knows what you are up to. Sort of.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 14:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    There's certainly a 'disconnect' in city living for many people who have perhaps moved there for economic reasons and feel displaced from their family and roots. - Indeed, you could make the comparison with a plant being uprooted and suffering as a result of its replanting in unfamiliar soil.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 17:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    There are more people to connect with, but less nature. Then again, if one appreciates architecture and such, they can connect to that.

I borrow from other posters - part of spiritual well being is finding a purpose in life and staying true to one's self, wherever that takes them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree