1. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 10:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    And you'd come back with something better if you had any good reason to dispute what I have put to you.
    so true
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 May '17 00:45
    http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2017/0501/Jehovah-s-Witnesses-as-extremists-Court-sharpens-edges-of-Russia-s-religious-space
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '17 01:05
    Originally posted by galveston75
    http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2017/0501/Jehovah-s-Witnesses-as-extremists-Court-sharpens-edges-of-Russia-s-religious-space
    What do you think should be done?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 May '17 06:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    This assumes that we want others to petition on our behalf when as far as I know they only political institution (using your rather broad and all encompassing definition of political that you seem to harbour) we have used is the judicial system and attempted to legally establish our form of worship. If you know of any other group that we have petit ...[text shortened]... se let it be known. If not then your question is without precedent and actually makes NO SENSE.
    That is not what he asked. He asked if there were any non-JW's attempting to help JW's.

That is not the same as JW's ASKING for support from some outside group.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 May '17 06:39
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Its still is a kind of a primitive environment and very laid back.
    Is that where you live now?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 May '17 06:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Correct me if I am wrong but surely one responds to human right abuses through the courts? Is that not what the European court of human rights is for. Call me crazy but thats what I would say its for, weird eh.

Just how heinous is this ruling?

If the ruling enters into force, people who continue to be involved with Jehovah’s Witnesses organizat ...[text shortened]...
    So we claim superior interpretation of the Bible and we get treated as extremists. Crazy times.
    your people going door to door have a lot to do with the negative feelings about JW's. If you stopped that practice you would become more tolerable.

Me, I think the people dissing JW's are just hypocritical.

I diss them ALL🙂 I don't discriminate. But most hated on my list is Scientology, real religious Mafia thugs.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 May '17 16:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    your people going door to door have a lot to do with the negative feelings about JW's. If you stopped that practice you would become more tolerable.

Me, I think the people dissing JW's are just hypocritical.

I diss them ALL🙂 I don't discriminate. But most hated on my list is Scientology, real religious Mafia thugs.
    Do you believe on any level that Jesus is still alive somewhere today as in heaven? If you do, do you feel we should be following the many things he taught by his spoken word, his actions or by his examples while he walked the earth? If you do believe we should follow all those things, especially the things he actually said as in his commands to his followers, should his followers follow those things regardless of the time that has passed?
    For instance he commanded "that we love our neighbors", did he not? What does that action include that we should do? Just say hi when we see them? Maybe give them food when they are hungry? Help them out as needed when they are sick? Etc???
    What did Jesus do and what did he teach his followers to do and what did he do himself do and in fact command his followers to do, besides the obvious physical things I just mentioned?
    Why do most agree we are to do those physical things, as in food, water, helping when sick, etc, but when it comes to his clear command from his own lips to teach and then he also went out door to door himself and showed exactly what he wanted us to do in order to teach one on one which is by far the best way to teach.......not included in most Christians daily things we are to do for our neighbors as a Christian that does what we were told?
    Sorry you feel "negative" about a thing Jesus commanded his followers to do. Perhaps it's a "practice" you should be doing? Are you "too proud" to do that work yourself?
    So my point is this: Jesus gave us a command. It is one we will never stop doing until Jesus, who is very alive in heaven, tells us to stop.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 May '17 09:492 edits
    Do you believe on any level that Jesus is still alive somewhere today as in heaven? If you do, do you feel we should be following the many things he taught by his spoken word, his actions or by his examples while he walked the earth? If you do believe we should follow all those things, especially the things he actually said as in his commands to his foll ...[text shortened]... . It is one we will never stop doing until Jesus, who is very alive in heaven, tells us to stop.
    Good luck with that fantasy. I guess it helps you avoid the terror. I don't need such props but I guess that means I will suffer forever and ever in hell burning all over my body to the end of the universe.

The funny part is humans thinking they are so high up the spiritual totem pole they DESERVE such attention. Sad really.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '17 10:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse to galveston75
    Good luck with that fantasy. I guess it helps you avoid the terror. I don't need such props but I guess that means I will suffer forever and ever in hell burning all over my body to the end of the universe.
    Since when has galveston75 believed in eternal torture in hell?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 May '17 14:04

The funny part is humans thinking they are so high up the spiritual totem pole they DESERVE such attention. Sad really.
    Hummm? Perhaps this post is for someone else?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '17 14:06
    Hummm? Perhaps this post is for someone else?
    What do you think should be done about Russia and the way it's treating the JWs?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '17 14:12
    I diss them ALL, I don't discriminate. But most hated on my list is Scientology, real religious Mafia thugs.
    So you do discriminate then?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 May '17 14:31
    So why do we not fight or protest on the streets as that seems to be the popular answer that so many express today?
    No we will never do that but we will go thru all the legal avenues that are at our disposal in the court systems. Sometimes they work in out favor, sometimes the don't.
    If the legal court systems set up by a country do not work for us then what do we do?
    How about going back to Jesus and the examples he set and the command he clearly expressed instead of following the popular actions done today in the streets?
    No we wouldn't do as most do but would do as Jesus did which was to not fight? Also would protesting in the streets and knowing all that can happen with that, would it be showing love to our neighbors knowing that their personal properties will no doubt be damaged or destroyed as well as putting them into a possible life threatening situation?
    So what is our hope? Just give up? Not at all. If we are stopped physically and even jailed or even worse put to death, we know we will be resurrected just as Jesus knew he was going to be.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '17 14:36
    So why do we not fight or protest on the streets as that seems to be the popular answer that so many express today?
    No we will never do that but we will go thru all the legal avenues that are at our disposal in the court systems. Sometimes they work in out favor, sometimes the don't.
    If the legal court systems set up by a country do not work for us ...[text shortened]... r even worse put to death, we know we will be resurrected just as Jesus knew he was going to be.
    What do you think should be done by non-JWs about the way Russia is treating the JWs?
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 May '17 15:52
    If the legal court systems set up by a country do not work for us ...[text shortened]... r even worse put to death, we know we will be resurrected just as Jesus knew he was going to be.
    Also we put our hope, trust, protection and our life's in our God Jehovah's arms and trust in his son to follow thru with his fathers wishes to protect us. Nothing that any imperfect human or government can do....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree