1. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 20:296 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Don't know why you always resort back to electrocution. That's not something I've ever used or would consider using.

Do you really think a drug would be prescribed without rigorous testing and research? Think about it. - Indeed, my job is fulfilling as I see first hand the positive effects it has on people who are struggling with their mental health.
    Because even though it causes brain injury to the people forced into it you claimed it has positive effects on the example you gave.

I think it's about BIg Pharma money not people's wellbeing. None of these drugs are tested for TBI or other long term effects. YOu have a 2 percent chance of getting breasts and a greater chance of permanently shaking but these drugs are still passed as good to go. What do you say to one of your patients when they do get a royal flush?? Or god forbid a royal routine where the place left to work is in the strip club with people watching their trans-sexual jugs jiggle.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/04/18/national/21-users-of-schizophrenia-drug-dead/

Most all of the medicated schizophrenics I have had to associate and live with, not spend 30 mins every 6 months, do not look well to me and are those that everyone else avoids because they are so spaced out. They have no life and have one of the highest suicide rates known.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 21:47
    I knew you wouldn't like the 'no unprescribed' drugs part. 😉
    It wasn't that.
    I agree with that.
    I just think some people need to a principle, (A.A. says 'god of your own understanding' ) , to go forward and make sense of the world.
    I don't like using the word 'god' though... it's more of a primary principle or guiding basic thrust in life. I dunno. Does this make sense to you?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 21:51
    Originally posted by Executioner Brand
    I wouldn't degrade your game mate. lol. I'm just saying that if you can improve your life, in whatever ways, your ratings in chess will improve. I had a rating about your level and stopped playing. I made a change in my life which was shifting off a noisy road and it jumped like 200 points this time in. In poker I played for 4 years on that road wh ...[text shortened]... es all night. Now I'm somewhere inbetween. Being medicated or not made little difference at all.
    I nearly got to 500. It's still a goal that seems ever so far away.

As for improving my life I'm in a fairly quiet place most of the time.
    Certainly don't have any friends that come over or anything .. well, hardly ever.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 21:55
    Most people believe these drugs help mental health patients but there is little evidence to actually prove that. They just become useless and unable to even think about the problems their mental illness gives them cause they are so spaced out. They do not become better at anything but redundant in life. Being medicated is like the police putting a ...[text shortened]... think they would improve but get worse. It's a trillion dollar drug question that nobody knows.
    I have to say the mental health patients I've known who swear by their meds, all seem to be the more dim-witted types.
    The smarter ones, whether on meds or not, don't really seem to care either way.
    (for some reason I've had mental people drawn to me my whole life. I like it. Interesting. Fascinating learning about the human mind .. )
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 21:57
    Actually, there is overwhelming evidence. Let me know if you want me to link you to it.
    I do please.
    I'll try to be objective 🙂
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 06:41
    Because even though it causes brain injury to the people forced into it you claimed it has positive effects on the example you gave.

I think it's about BIg Pharma money not people's wellbeing. None of these drugs are tested for TBI or other long term effects. YOu have a 2 percent chance of getting breasts and a greater chance of permanently shak ...[text shortened]... cause they are so spaced out. They have no life and have one of the highest suicide rates known.
    I see many of my clients on a weekly basis.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 06:42
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I do please.
    I'll try to be objective 🙂
    Which medication in particular would you like to know about?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 21:50
    Overwhelming evidence that drugs help please. Any drug?

Help ... not mask or sedate
  9. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 03:21
    paliperidone
    Possible side effects of paliperidone:
    All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:

Constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; headache; light-headedness; mild pain, swelling, or redness at the injection site; mild stomach pain or discomfort; nausea; restlessness; trouble sleeping; vomiting; weakness; weight gain.

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
    Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); abnormal thoughts; behavior changes; chest pain; confusion; decreased urination; fainting; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; increased saliva production or drooling; increased sweating; muscle cramps, pain, weakness, or stiffness; new or worsening mental or mood changes (eg, agitation, anxiety); one-sided weakness; seizures; severe or persistent constipation or stomach pain; severe or persistent dizziness, drowsiness, or headache; shortness of breath; slurred speech; suicidal thoughts or attempts; swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet; tremor; trouble concentrating, speaking, or swallowing; trouble urinating or inability to control urination; trouble sitting still; trouble walking or standing; uncontrolled or involuntary muscle movements (eg, arm or leg movements, twitching of the face or tongue, jerking or twisting); unusual bleeding or bruising; unusual eye movements; vision problems (eg, blurred vision).
  10. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 03:59
    Really helps without the blurred vision, especially in poker.
    Finished 12th last night for $45US. 1st was $500+.
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 07:17
    paliperidone
    All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:

Constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; headache; light-headedness; mild pain, swelling, or re ...[text shortened]... ing); unusual bleeding or bruising; unusual eye movements; vision problems (eg, blurred vision).
    Did you miss the part 'many people have no, or minor, side effects?' (All medications have 'possible' side effects that legally have to be listed,.....all).

Putting COMMON in capital letters doesn't change that. - You need to read common in context. 'Common' among the small number of people who do experience side effects. (Obviously),
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 07:18
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Overwhelming evidence that drugs help please. Any drug?

Help ... not mask or sedate
    As I say, give me a medication you're interested in hearing about.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 08:48
    Risperidone fore starters - (however you spell it)
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 08:52
    paliperidone

Constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; headache; light-headedness; mild pain, swelling, or re ...[text shortened]... ing); unusual bleeding or bruising; unusual eye movements; vision problems (eg, blurred vision).
    I was tried on 4 different meds. 2 did nothing, 2 had mild to medium side effects.
    No positive effects .

Then again I was bot so bad as to have to be hospitalized,
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 08:591 edit
    I don't like the title of the thread.
    People around here calling science a religion.

atheism, science, democrats, etc.
    Its nuts.
    THese are the same are the same sorts that have trouble differentiating between religion and spirituality.
    Religionists frequent the "
    spiritual forum' trying to align themselves with the divine, which is a far removed from religion

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree