1. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 03:14
    religion
    rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/Submit
    noun
    the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 07:21
    Originally posted by Executioner Brand
    religion
    rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/Submit
    noun
    the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    I think the definition is too narrow.
  3. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 07:27
    religion
    rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/Submit
    noun
    Well, apart from the fact that it is not a belief, it does not involve worship, it does not involve a superhuman controlling power, or personal God or gods, I would say you were spot on.
  4. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 09:141 edit
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Well, apart from the fact that it is not a belief, it does not involve worship, it does not involve a superhuman controlling power, or personal God or gods, I would say you were spot on.
    There's a belief in well-being through their medications or gods which are worshiped excessively when the fact is they make you subhuman if you ever meet anyone on their medications whose natural drugs have been exterminated. It's a government funded church which is as delusional as any other religion but forced onto many people who do not believe.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 09:57
    There's a belief in well-being through their medications or gods which are worshiped excessively when the fact is they make you subhuman if you ever meet anyone on their medications whose natural drugs have been exterminated. It's a government funded church which is as delusional as any other religion but forced onto many people who do not believe.
    Could you try translating that into English?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 10:311 edit
    religion
    rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/Submit
    noun
    One of the fruits of the Holy Spirit is "self control" .

The Holy Spirit is God.
    So the Bible is teaching that to be filled with the influence of the Spirit of God is also to gain a perfect self - control.

" But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit is
    love,
    joy,
    peace,
    long-suffering,
    kindness,
    goodness,
    faithfulness,

self control;

against these there is no law." (See Galatians 5:22-23)

In the Christian faith then this worship of a so-called "superhuman controlling power" is also the gaining of normal, healthy, "self control".
  7. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 10:34
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Could you try translating that into English?
    What part do you have problems with?

Medications are a psychiatrist's worshiped god which they believe have super-human powers.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 10:491 edit
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Could you help poor twhitehead to understand the English of the OP then ?
  9. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 11:09
    Originally posted by sonship
    Could you help poor twhitehead to understand the English of the OP then ?
    Maybe if you hooked his brain up to a wall socket he would be cured of his language problem that relies totally on faith rather then the facts presented.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 11:101 edit
    What part do you have problems with?

Medications are a psychiatrist's worshiped god which they believe have super-human powers.
    Personally I think you are full of shyte. Meds don't have super human powers, most meds are for symptom relief, big pharm is not too interested in actual cures, only pallatives so they can keep their business going. You cure someone, they no longer need meds.

That goes for mental issues as well, bipolar, schiztophrenia and the like. If they find something that just controls the issue they are as happy as pigs in shyte. Cure bipolar? Forget it, we are making a ton of money on lithium drugs.

Cure diabetes? No way, our insulin sales are through the roof.

There is nothing super human in that.
  11. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 11:271 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Personally I think you are full of shyte. Meds don't have super human powers, most meds are for symptom relief, big pharm is not too interested in actual cures, only pallatives so they can keep their business going. You cure someone, they no longer need meds.

That goes for mental issues as well, bipolar, schiztophrenia and the like. If they find somethin ...[text shortened]... abetes? No way, our insulin sales are through the roof.

There is nothing super human in that.
    A human doesn't cure/control symptoms himself so this belief* in medications is of a super human nature. The same church that also still believes electrocuting a mentally ill person's brain is good for them.
    In the church that forces drugs on people who will run into problems when they stop the meds where the psychiatrist believers go aha he relapsed cause he wasn't medicated not that the meds caused the problem like any other type of drug addict.
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 11:34
    A human doesn't cure/control symptoms himself so this belief* in medications is of a super human nature. The same church that also still believes electrocuting a mentally ill person's brain is good for them.
    In the church that forces drugs on people who will run into problems when they stop the meds where the psychiatrist believers go aha he rela ...[text shortened]... use he wasn't medicated not that the meds caused the problem like any other type of drug addict.
    So... you're not taking your meds then?
  13. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 11:351 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    So... you're not taking your meds then?
    Soon I won't be. :-).

I like my serotonin and dopamine. I don't see why I should be executed so you can feel better in your ownership.
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 11:391 edit
    Soon I won't be. :-).

I like my serotonin and dopamine. I don't see why I should be executed so you can feel better in your ownership.
    Great. Psychotic episodes are fun, I hear.

Wait what? MY ownership? I'm pretty sure you've got that wrong.
  15. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 11:40
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Great. Psychotic episodes are fun, I hear.
    When did I have a psychotic episode?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree