1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 23:161 edit
    We all do it: I can do this; it will be okay; let's roll. Doing this on purpose battles your anxiety (or whatever monkey is on your back (apologies to monkeys)) wait what was I talking about. deep breath. I am strong and smart and agile and I can remember what monkeys have to do with anything.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 23:17
    Originally posted by apathist
    We all do it: I can do this; it will be okay; let's roll. Doing this on purpose battles your anxiety (or whatever monkeys on your back (apologies to monkeys)) wait what was I talking about. deep breath. I am strong and smart and agile and I can remember what monkeys have to do with anything.
    Well done! 🙂
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 02:311 edit
    We all do it: I can do this; it will be okay; let's roll. Doing this on purpose battles your anxiety (or whatever monkey is on your back (apologies to monkeys)) wait what was I talking about. deep breath. I am strong and smart and agile and I can remember what monkeys have to do with anything.
    Well said. God likes people with a positive attitude and hates losers who claim that they are nothing, or nobody or cannot do this, that or the other.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 04:241 edit
    The worst of all problems can be solved with correct breathing and correct understanding...
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 08:341 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The worst of all problems can be solved with correct breathing and correct understanding...
    I hear you. There is more. We gotta do stuff, karoly.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 08:36
    The wise guru on the mountain, I'm like buddy you live from offerings and are not engaged in the world. Pretty sure your advice is slightly inbred.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 09:14
    Nice post, this thread will be fine.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 14:24
    There is a scripture that says something to the effect that there is a way for man that seems right, but the end of which leads to destruction.

I think pretty much everyone thinks they are on the "right" road. Of course, not all are.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 15:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    There is a scripture that says something to the effect that there is a way for man that seems right, but the end of which leads to destruction.

I think pretty much everyone thinks they are on the "right" road. Of course, not all are.
    Is it your position that a positive attitude leads to destruction?
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 15:45
    I prefer negative affirmations. You can't do it, but that's a good thing.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 16:11
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Is it your position that a positive attitude leads to destruction?
    No, it is my position that we rationalize our way is the right way.

Even Hitler thought he was doing what was "right".
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 16:50
    No, it is my position that we rationalize our way is the right way.

Even Hitler thought he was doing what was "right".
    I think you are incorrect. People rationalize of course and try to convince themselves that they are right. However they are not able to fool their fool their conscience.

You have any evidence that that is what Hitler thought?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 18:003 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I think you are incorrect. People rationalize of course and try to convince themselves that they are right. However they are not able to fool their fool their conscience.

You have any evidence that that is what Hitler thought?
    You can try to fool your conscience. In fact, for genocide to occur it is almost a prerequisite.

For example, Hitler told himself that Jews were the vermin of the human race, much today Progs tell themselves that the unborn are not really human but just a parasite. It is only then do you have the moral high ground to impose genocide.

Of course, at our core we know we are wrong, but these mental gymnastics are key in trying to preserve some sanity in the midst of insanity. Naturally, as we progress down this road our sanity slowly leaves us.
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 18:24

So how can you tell if you are on the right road? Scripture helps only if you need to be told right from wrong. I'm asking how do we determine the correct path?
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 18:28
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I prefer negative affirmations. You can't do it, but that's a good thing.
    You joke, but make a real point. We have to know our limits. Also there is stuff we are easily good at and so don't need the pep self-talk. It is the grey area where positive affirmations make the difference.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree