1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 00:12
    Is there anything we are told to do, that causes people to be drawn to Jesus
    Christ? If there is, do we spend time doing that here, or arguing other things
    not nearly as important?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 01:52
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    not nearly as important?
    Here's the way I see it.

If Christians really do live their belief, then Christians are saved. But relative little pieces of that belief (or any belief, or, I suppose, non-belief) can be debatable (see arguable), and are worthy of discussion. No one is going to change anyone's mind here, either pro or con, so a lot of it is just getting one's panties in a bunch over nothing. But this doesn't mean we can't discuss it. It's a message board, not Judgement Day. Some keep forgetting that.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 02:04
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    ... No one is going to change anyone's mind here, either pro or con, so a lot of it is just getting one's panties in a bunch over nothing. ...
    Ideology. It's like a poker game.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 02:22
    Originally posted by apathist
    Ideology. It's like a poker game.
    Well, if one is bluffing over ideology, then it's hardly surprising if people stop listening.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 03:05
    not nearly as important?
    Do you believe your own behaviour here, and the behaviour of Christian posters like Eladar and whodey, are guided by, and are 'works', in the service of Jesus Christ?
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 09:21
    Well, if one is bluffing over ideology, then it's hardly surprising if people stop listening.
    Bingo! Faith belief is not held because of the facts of the matter. It is about indoctrination.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 10:241 edit
    Is there anything we are told to do, that causes people to be drawn to Jesus Christ? If there is, do we spend time doing that here, or arguing other things not nearly as important?
    Some of us spend our time ignoring others just because they disagree with us.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 11:10
    Here's the way I see it.

If Christians really do live their belief, then Christians are saved. But relative little pieces of that belief (or any belief, or, I suppose, non-belief) can be debatable (see arguable), and are worthy of discussion. No one is going to change anyone's mind here, either pro or con, so a lot of it is just getting one's pa ...[text shortened]... mean we can't discuss it. It's a message board, not Judgement Day. Some keep forgetting that.
    I agree with your point we will not change anyone's minds, but is it up to us to do that? I do
    realize if I do manage to talk someone into something, doesn't that mean another can also
    talk them out of it? Is there anything we can do?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 11:561 edit
    I agree with your point we will not change anyone's minds...
    Well you're not likely to if you ignore your dissenters 🙄
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 14:13
    I agree with your point we will not change anyone's minds, but is it up to us to do that? I do
    realize if I do manage to talk someone into something, doesn't that mean another can also
    talk them out of it? Is there anything we can do?
    All we can do is 'speak truth to power'.

All advisors are for is to supply data to the decision-makers. And then, because of free will, the decision is made.

It's up to those listening to have discernment. If the data is flawed, then the decision will not likely be favorable. If they simply refuse to hear, then it's on them. Either way, the decision is theirs. Adults are not children and should not be treated as such.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 14:17
    Originally posted by apathist
    Bingo! Faith belief is not held because of the facts of the matter. It is about indoctrination.
    No, faith is not about indoctrination. At least it shouldn't be. Yes, some are lazy, but not all.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 14:191 edit
    All we can do is 'speak truth to power'.

All advisors are for is to supply data to the decision-makers. And then, because of free will, the decision is made.

It's up to those listening to have discernment. If the data is flawed, then the decision will not likely be favorable. If they simply refuse to hear, then it's on them. Either way, the decision is theirs. Adults are not children and should not be treated as such.
    No, I think we can speak the power of truth. Didn't Jesus say if we lift Him up, He will do
    something quite beyond us? It was in the context of his dying on the cross and resurrection.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 14:45
    not nearly as important?
    Too many conflagulating confabulations, and not enough understanding of the meaning of life.

People say they want to know the truth out of one side of their mouth, and out of the other they say there isn't any absolute truth. They claim to know we're the products of conditioning, as though that's all there is about who and what we are, while disregarding the hope of eternal life by relegating spirituality to myths and fables.

They spin and toil to the end, "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 14:53
    No, I think we can speak the power of truth. Didn't Jesus say if we lift Him up, He will do
    something quite beyond us? It was in the context of his dying on the cross and resurrection.
    But it is still up to us to 'buy into' that and accept it. Some will, some won't. But we cannot just give 'lip service' to free will. If they decide to not follow Him, then all we can do is as Luke 9:5 says. It's their choice.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 14:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    Too many conflagulating confabulations, and not enough understanding of the meaning of life.

People say they want to know the truth out of one side of their mouth, and out of the other they say there isn't any absolute truth. They claim to know we're the products of conditioning, as though that's all there is about who and what we are, while disregarding ...[text shortened]... spin and toil to the end, "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."
    I firmly believe only God can reveal Himself to anyone, we can describe Him to another. it
    takes God to open eyes and ears, That shifting sand is a horrible thing, can you imagine
    what that is going to be like for so many at the end? Spent their whole life looking for and
    never discovering the truth, but they were learning, so they thought they were on to
    something.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree