1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 00:01
    Back when I used to be a Christian, I used to engage in biblical debates with Christians and non-believers alike. I'm curious as to how I'd debate now.

Pick a biblical topic to debate with me on, and I'll honestly defend it as if I were a Christian. NOTE: I'm not going to be sarcastic either, giving "dumb" answers as a Christian to make a point. I'm genuinely going to defend the bible as if I were a genuine Christian.

Hit me with your best shot.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 00:43
    Originally posted by vivify
    Back when I used to be a Christian, I used to engage in biblical debates with Christians and non-believers alike. I'm curious as to how I'd debate now.

Pick a biblical topic to debate with me on, and I'll honestly defend it as if I were a Christian. NOTE: I'm not going to be sarcastic either, giving "dumb" answers as a Christian to make a point. I'm gen ...[text shortened]... inely going to defend the bible as if I were a genuine Christian.

Why not describe briefly what kind or denomination of Christian you are posing as for the purposes of this thread.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 01:091 edit

Pick a biblical topic to debate with me on, and I'll honestly defend it as if I were a Christian. NOTE: I'm not going to be sarcastic either, giving "dumb" answers as a Christian to make a point. I'm gen ...[text shortened]... inely going to defend the bible as if I were a genuine Christian.

What kind of defense do you have in mind? I went to a Catholic HS and we studied Apologetics. Is it the historical facticity you will defend, or the value as a guide and example of how to live here on earth, or a guide to achieving posthumous salvation? Or what? I learned the standard arguments for the existence of a personal deity, and my priest-teacher taught how far apart a boy and girl should dance (three inches, but from what? a classmate boldly asked.)
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 03:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why not describe briefly what kind or denomination of Christian you are posing as for the purposes of this thread.
    Non-denominational.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 03:02
    Originally posted by JS357
    What kind of defense do you have in mind? I went to a Catholic HS and we studied Apologetics. Is it the historical facticity you will defend, or the value as a guide and example of how to live here on earth, or a guide to achieving posthumous salvation? Or what? I learned the standard arguments for the existence of a personal deity, and my priest-teacher taugh ...[text shortened]... w far apart a boy and girl should dance (three inches, but from what? a classmate boldly asked.)
    You know...the "if God is real, then why..." kind of questions. Basically, the typical kinds of questions you see on this forum.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 03:04
    Non-denominational.
    Don't latch onto the word "denomination" in order to give a non-answer.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 03:05

Why not describe briefly what kind of Christian you are posing as for the purposes of this thread.
  8. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 03:05

Which god do you worship?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 03:16

On side note, I'd be interested in why you are no longer a Christian; how that came to be etc.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 03:301 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why not describe briefly what kind of Christian you are posing as for the purposes of this thread.
    I told you. I went to a non-denominational church. That's not something I made up..
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 03:31
    Originally posted by roigam
    Which god do you worship?
    For this thread, Jesus.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 03:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    On side note, I'd be interested in why you are no longer a Christian; how that came to be etc.
    Fourth post.

Thread 167961
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 03:40
    For this thread, Jesus.
    That's wonderful.
    What is it about Jesus that makes you think he is not just a god but The God?
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 03:57
    Originally posted by roigam
    That's wonderful.
    What is it about Jesus that makes you think he is not just a god but The God?
    The Holy Spirit that lives in me. When I accepted Christ, it was a personal confirmation that God truly was with me. God sends his Spirit to reside on those who repent; I absolutely can't deny his spirit is with me. This is why I can be confident that Christ is God.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 04:02
    I told you. I went to a non-denomination church. That's not something I made up..
    You have latched on to the word "denomination" again. Perhaps you could describe briefly what kind of Christian you are posing as for the purposes of this thread or is the idea you have here for people to play twenty questions with you to figure out whether you believe in eternal torture, whether you believe "salvation" is through "faith and faith alone", whether anyone and everyone who lives in accordance with Jesus' commands (regardless of their beliefs) can be "judged" and "saved", do you believe all non-Christians are "satanic" or part of "The Devil's rebellion" etc. etc.

If you have been taking in the discussions between Christians here at all, you will be well aware that there are a range of different kinds of Christian beliefs. Don't use the fact that I used the word "denomination" earlier on the thread to avoid stating simply and briefly what kind of Christian you are posing as so that the discussion can begin and does not start with a guessing game..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree