1. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '17 11:452 edits
    There seems to be a doctrine among certain sects of Christianity that promote the idea of two judgments. However I cannot seem to find biblical justification for this doctrine. I gravitate to the idea of one judgment because of passages like these :

Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead. (Acts 17:31 KJV)

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. (Jude 1:6 KJV)

The DAY OF JUDGMENT is also called the GREAT DAY OF THE LORD.

Part of the confusion could be the millennial reign of Christ. Some place a judgment there at the start of that period, and put another judgment at the end of that period. I could see only biblical support for a judgment a the end of that period. At the beginning of that period Jesus retrieves his saints from wherever they are and these saints rule with him for the millennial period. This is not a judgment, but a resurrection of the just, of the saints of Christ, those chosen from the foundation of the world.

If there is indeed one judgment, then the following doctrines are incorrect:
    1. That a man gets a second chance to be righteous.
    2. That the Matt 25 judgment of all nations is at the start of the millennial period.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '17 12:48
    The judgment of Matt 25 seems to be that one great judgment which takes place at the end of the millennial reign of Christ. Why?
    1. The bible does not seem to support the idea of two judgments or two great days of the Lord.
    2. If that judgment is not at the end but at the start then who will Jesus and his saints rule over during the millennial reign, since all people are classified as either sheep or goats. Sheep enter the kingdom of God , goats are cast out and destroyed. There is nobody left to rule over.

The Matt 25 judgment description is the one judgment at the end of the 1000 yr period.

Now why would some Christians like sonship and others want to believe that it is at the start of the 1000 yrs? - because if it is at the end, then it cannot apply to nations who are helping Christians escape the great tribulation which is expected to happen at the start of the 1000 yrs.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 06:23
    You're confused.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '17 11:49
    Originally posted by josephw
    You're confused.
    Thanks for your comment. All comments are welcome, even from the mentally challenged. I appreciate it. Must be hard to come up with those 2 words. Maybe in a couple weeks you can muster up about 20 more to tell us why you think Im confused. Take your time.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 14:431 edit
    I wonder if sonship or other like-minded believers, can explain where they get the idea of 2 judgments?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 21:48
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I wonder if sonship or other like-minded believers, can explain where they get the idea of 2 judgments?
    From the Bible .

You're confused.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 22:31
    From the Bible .

You're confused.
    Thanks for your comment. All comments are welcome, even from the mentally challenged. I appreciate it. Must be hard to come up with those 5 words. Maybe in a couple weeks you can muster up about 20 more to tell us why you think Im confused.. from the Bible Looking forward to it. Take your time.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 15:59
    These arguments all use logic,for and against what God can do. They all fail when the following is considered:

King James Bible, Matt 19:26:"But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

It is self-refuting, but that is its power.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 22:49
    Originally posted by JS357
    These arguments all use logic,for and against what God can do. They all fail when the following is considered:

King James Bible, Matt 19:26:"But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

It is self-refuting, but that is its power.
    Do you have an opinion on whether there are one or two judgments?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 02:35
    From the Bible .

You're confused.
    Son in law of Roigam... Where are You?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 18:03
    Son in law of Roigam... Where are You?
    Laughable.

Do YOU know who Roigam is? Come out with it Rajk.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 18:05
    Do you have an opinion on whether there are one or two judgments?
    That you don't know there is speaks volumes concerning what you know about the Bible.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 21:233 edits
    The Matt 25 judgment description is the one judgment at the end of the 1000 yr period.

Now why would some Christians like sonship and others want to believe that it is at the start of the 1000 yrs? - because if it is at the end, then it cannot apply to nations who are helping Christians escape the great tribulation which is expected to happen at the start of the 1000 yrs.

Is it not the case that the WHEN of both the judgment of Matthew 25:31-46 and of Revelation 20:11-15 are given ?

These will be short posts for me.

1.) Is the "when" of the judgement of Matt. 25:31-46 told us?
    2.) Is the "when" of the judgement of Rev. 20:11-15 told us ?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 21:291 edit
    These posts of mine for this discussion will be clipped and shortened and concise - manageable.

I will attempt to let the replying poster lead me in the way of answering my questions to address some of the issues posed.

Someone then -

1.) Is there a "WHEN" told us of the judgment of Matthew 25:31-46?

2.) Is there a "WHEN" told us of the judgment of Revelation 20:11-15 ?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 21:50
    Laughable.

Do YOU know who Roigam is? Come out with it Rajk.
    Your father in law ...duh !

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree