1. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 20:465 edits
    Some interesting facts on of the trinity:

The Illustrated Bible Dictionary publication admits: “It is not a biblical doctrine in the sense that any formulation of it can be found in the Bible.”

Cardinal John O’Connor stated about the Trinity: “We know that it is a very profound mystery, which we don’t begin to understand.”

The Encyclopædia Britannica states: “Neither the word Trinity nor the explicit doctrine appears in the New Testament . . . The doctrine developed gradually over several centuries and through many controversies.”

The impression could arise that the Trinitarian dogma is in the last analysis a late 4th-century invention. In a sense, this is true . . . The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century.”—New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), Volume 14, page 299.

“The Council of Nicaea met on May 20, 325 [C.E.]. Constantine himself presided, actively guiding the discussions, and personally proposed . . . the crucial formula expressing the relation of Christ to God in the creed issued by the council, ‘of one substance with the Father.’ . . . Overawed by the emperor, the bishops, with two exceptions only, signed the creed, many of them much against their inclination.”—Encyclopædia Britannica (1970), Volume 6, page 386.

Tthe New Bible Dictionary: “The term ‘Trinity’ is not itself found in the Bible. It was first used by Tertullian at the close of the 2nd century, but received wide currency [common use in intellectual discussion] and formal elucidation [clarification] only in the 4th and 5th centuries” (1996, “Trinity”.
    Also: “the formal doctrine of the Trinity was the result of several inadequate attempts to explain who and what the Christian God really is . . . To deal with these problems the Church Fathers met in [A.D.] 325 at the Council of Nicaea to set out an orthodox biblical definition concerning the divine identity.” However, it wasn’t until 381, “at the Council of Constantinople, [that] the divinity of the Spirit was affirmed” (ibid.).

The New Unger’s Bible Dictionary, in its article on the Trinity, concedes that the Trinitarian concept is humanly incomprehensible: “It is admitted by all who thoughtfully deal with this subject that the Scripture revelation here leads us into the presence of a deep mystery; and that all human attempts at expression are of necessity imperfect” (1988, p. 1308).

Cyril Richardson, professor of church history at New York’s Union Theological Seminary, though a dedicated Trinitarian himself, said this in his book The Doctrine of The Trinity:
    “My conclusion, then, about the doctrine of the Trinity is that ((((((((((it is an artificial construct)))))))))) . . . It produces confusion rather than clarification; and while the problems with which it deals are real ones, the solutions it offers are not illuminating. It has posed for many Christians dark and mysterious statements, which are ultimately meaningless, because it does not sufficiently discriminate in its use of terms” (1958, pp. 148-149).

He also admitted, “Much of the defense of the Trinity as a ‘revealed’ doctrine, is really an evasion of the objections that can be brought against it” (p. 16).

A Dictionary of Religious Knowledge states regarding the Trinity, “Precisely what that doctrine is, or rather precisely how it is to be explained, Trinitarians are not agreed among themselves” (Lyman Abbott, editor, 1885, “Trinitarians”.
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 21:421 edit
    If one thinks about it, the trinitarian doctrine is a Satanic teaching that is designed to
    lessen the glory of God by dividing it among 3.
    (Isaiah 42:8) I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 21:491 edit
    Originally posted by roigam
    If one thinks about it, the trinitarian doctrine is a Satanic teaching that is designed to
    (Isaiah 42:8) I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images.
    And yet the man/angel "Jesus" is your saviour...
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 21:491 edit
    #notatrinitarian
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 22:275 edits
    Ephesians 4:6 that the Father is indwelling all the members of the Body of Christ.

"One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." (Eph. 4:6)

Man an receive the Divine Father Who is over all into them.
    As far as the regenerated Christians are concerned the Father God is "in all".

Wonderfully, the Son also is said to come into the believers. In fact the Son says that He with Father, as the divine "We" will come to make an abode with the lovers of Christ.

"Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

Those who have received the Holy Spirit can make no distinction between the Father God Who indwells their spirit and Christ the Son Who indwells their spirit. The Triune God as the divine "We" comes to be in them and make an abode with them.
  6. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 23:48
    Originally posted by roigam
    I mean... what is you and galveston's motivation here? You can put together comments from people, definitions from dictionaries and position papers. You can rub each other's back and make comments on the side about how the trinity is satanic.... criticize those that don't believe as you do, aren't we great? I ask again, what is your motivation?

Because the word trinity is not in the Bible does not then invalidate the doctrine.

Take H2O, it can be water, it can be ice, it can be steam. It can take three different forms yet it is one, H2O. You JW are too hung up on other people's splinters, remove your logs.

The JW organization is hardly in a place to sit in judgement of others with some of its own sketchy doctrines. IMO

I personally don't see why this is so difficult.
  7. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 01:05
    Originally posted by leunammi
    I mean... what is you and galveston's motivation here? You can put together comments from people, definitions from dictionaries and position papers. You can rub each other's back and make comments on the side about how the trinity is satanic.... criticize those that don't believe as you do, aren't we great? I ask again, what is your motivation?

Becaus ...[text shortened]... with some of its own sketchy doctrines. IMO

I don't believe I mentioned any judgments in that post. In fact those are all from ones who are part of religions that have the trinity in their dogmas.
    Water and it's makeup have nothing to do on any level with our God and his son. If the trinity were that easy to explain then there would be no mysteries to the trinity and you could explain it in an easy manor which no one can.
    Either a belief is true or it isn't.
    It's either a clear and understandable teaching or it isn't.
    God throws no curve balls to us trying to trip us up especially when churches claim "it's not understandable, it's a mystery, you accept it no matter what or you'll burn in hell".
    My Almighty God in the bible would never do that to any human.
  8. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 01:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    And yet the man/angel "Jesus" is your saviour...
    Of course he is our saviour. His Father Jehovah granted him that opportunity, but it is not a power or privilege he has always had. Jesus was granted that only after he remained faithful to the death and was resurrected to heaven.
    Read your bible, it's all there.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 04:28

Well said.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 05:18
    Why is this so important, when there is so much work to be done. It must be among the pastimes of the leisure Christian class.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 05:46
    Matthew 28:19
    Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

1 John 5:7
    For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 09:581 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    The Triune God as the divine"We"comes to be in them and make an abode with .
    There is no such words in the bible as "triune" or "trinity", why use them and why on earth do you start them with a capital T? They are made up words for a made up doctrine. Neither are they "divine". They are man made.

Hear oh sonship, the Lord your God in one.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 10:03
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Oh thank you so much for this amazing insight.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 10:04
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Of course he is our saviour. His Father Jehovah granted him that opportunity, but it is not a power or privilege he has always had. Jesus was granted that only after he remained faithful to the death and was resurrected to heaven.
    So as Jesus is a complety separate entity from Jehovah and Jehovah is also your saviour - do you have 2 saviours?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 10:06

It's because they honestly believe that the Jehovah's Witness church is the sole voice of god's truth on earth. It's a cult.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree