1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 02:503 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Your avoiding my question:
    Do you really think that a child must pay church tax to be called a christian?

Edit: Oh, sorry. I was expecting Eladar to answer this question...
    Your avoiding my question:
    Do you really think that a child must pay church tax to be called a christian?

Huh?
    No.
    And what is a "church tax" (in the New Testament) ?

Edit: Oh, sorry. I was expecting Eladar to answer this question...

Oh.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 11:44
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Do you think that a child, not paying church tax, cannot be christian?

Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Do you think that a child, not paying church tax, cannot be christian?
    No response from Eladar.
    So he really think that church tax is one of the pillars of christianity?
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 01:40
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I'm guessing most people have been exposed to some form of religious indoctrination. Some people argue that this is a form of child abuse.

Other people would argue that it is the most common form of social acculturation.

They argue that people teach their children the things they believe and the things they think they should know. And that’s what has been going on for millennia.

What are your thoughts on the issue?
    It is impossible for something to not be 'indoctrination' as there is no such thing as a truly neutral position.

"Religious indoctrination" implies that secular humanism has no element of indoctrination, when in fact it comes with a series of assumptions about the world and often times very heavy value judgments.

It is hard to find a group of people less preachy & self-righteous than the secular humanist Social Justice Warriors.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 01:50
    Originally posted by Jacob Verville
    It is hard to find a group of people less preachy & self-righteous than the secular humanist Social Justice Warriors.
    I suspect that this is not what you want to say.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 02:13
    ...the secular humanist Social Justice Warriors.
    I notice you have capitalized the words "social" and "justice" and also used what may seem a bit like a sneer word ~ "warriors" ~ and capitalized that too. "Social Justice Warriors".

Are you talking about a particular organization - "SJW" perhaps? - if so is there a web site? I'd be interested in what their message is and to see if your attempted dismissal of it with the words "preachy" and "self-righteous" is justified. How many members do they have?

Or are you just taking a catch-all [and, dare I say, a "preachy" and "self-righteous"] swing at just about anyone active in working for a better world who happens to not share your religious beliefs?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 22:11
    It is impossible for something to not be 'indoctrination' as there is no such thing as a truly neutral position.

"Religious indoctrination" implies that secular humanism has no element of indoctrination, when in fact it comes with a series of assumptions about the world and often times very heavy value judgments.

Welcome to the site 🙂
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 05:04

Anything to back up your ridiculous claims?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 14:10
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I would say that religious instruction should come without consequences.
    Religious indoctrination / brain washing has to do with time and done over a long period.
    The type that constitutes abuse has dire consequences if the rules are not followed eg excommunication, shunning and other family relationship .consequences.

I personally experienced all types ...[text shortened]... portant for those who have been through it, not to pass that behavior on to the next generation.
    And if that indoctrination includes the idea of strapping on a bomb and blowing yourself and 10 other people to bits, wouldn't that be abuse? Sounds like to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree