1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 01:28
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    In logic, i've always thought that an eternal being would take his own sweet time to create
    Did you read how they recently discovered a sun with 7 planets orbiting with at least 3 of them potentially having water?
    Maybe it just takes a long time for man to wake up.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 01:59
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What do the moon landings say about intelligent design?
    f all.
    Truth is to be found right here, not in the macro or micro.

The words may fail but the essence prevails, which is why a genuine spirituality forum would be virtually impossible. you couldn't see what people were doing while saying stuff.

But hey it is what it is, a huge turd with maggots coming out ...
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 02:33
    Originally posted by 667joe
    A claim with no evidence can be dismissed without proof!
    Evidence doesn't mean what you think it supports is true either.
    The claim is that there is nothing we have in science or our imagination that answers that
    question well. If you have nothing to address the question, you have nothing to support
    your views about it either, with or without God. At least with God there is a reason that we
    can dwell upon, without God there is nothing.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 02:35
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Evidence doesn't mean what you think it supports is true either.
    The claim is that there is nothing we have in science or our imagination that answers that
    question well. If you have nothing to address the question, you have nothing to support
    your views about it either, with or without God. At least with God there is a reason that we
    can dwell upon, without God there is nothing.
    A wise god leaves no traces...
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 17:44
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    A wise god leaves no traces...
    Well, the only traces of the bible god is in the minds of the duped men and women around the world.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 23:26
    Well, the only traces of the bible god is in the minds of the duped men and women around the world.
    the only traces I can see of a 'designer god' is "his" sense of humour.
    I see some humour in the natural world that is just so wonderful as to maybe suggest intelligence.
    For example how some animals look.
    (and I know this may be anthropomorphizing this a bit too much so I'll ponder a bit more)
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 03:54
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    the only traces I can see of a 'designer god' is "his" sense of humour.
    I see some humour in the natural world that is just so wonderful as to maybe suggest intelligence.
    For example how some animals look.
    (and I know this may be anthropomorphizing this a bit too much so I'll ponder a bit more)
    Personally, I think His hand is everywhere to be seen. Those not wanting to see, won't.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 11:04
    Personally, I think His hand is everywhere to be seen. Those not wanting to see, won't.
    Wow, just his HAND? All 5 fingers too? No toes, legs, genatalia?🙂 Wonder what its face looks like......

Seriously, it is just another case of humans telling humans about gods.

You don't need a god for humans to make up stuff, since we are at least a creative bunch, we invent gods left and right, thousands of them, maybe millions but the true adherants say only THEIR god is the real god. YOUR god is a fake, only MINE is real.

Like I said, humans telling other humans about gods.

If a god wants to come down and tell me or us, I'll listen. Humans telling me about god or gods, fogedaboutit.

And that would be because there is not one human on the planet who has ever had contact by any god and so they just make shtye up, like the myth about the world wide flood.

What an obvious allegory, but now people take it literally. Like a god, who allegedly created the entire universe including Earth and life theirin, would decide it would kill every land animal on Earth to get at some recalcitrant human tribe pissing of said god.

Sure. Ever story like that is pure arrogance, where humans imagine themselves WAY above every other animal on the planet and in fact worthy of the attention of a god.

My guess is it would be the other way round. Such a god would most likely think humans to be a cancer on an otherwise perfect planet.

Of course humans can't see that, they just like to poop in their own bedrooms.....
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 11:27
    Wow, just his HAND? All 5 fingers too? No toes, legs, genatalia?🙂 Wonder what its face looks like......

Seriously, it is just another case of humans telling humans about gods.

You don't need a god for humans to make up stuff, since we are at least a creative bunch, we invent gods left and right, thousands of them, maybe millions but the true adheran ...[text shortened]... t planet.

Of course humans can't see that, they just like to poop in their own bedrooms.....
    He did in the OT, people still didn't listen, He did in Jesus Christ and people are still not
    listening. I don't bother telling others about fake gods, but don't mind telling them about the
    God who is my Lord. You can belittle if you wish, you go out of your way to do that.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 14:28
    He did in the OT, people still didn't listen, He did in Jesus Christ and people are still not
    listening. I don't bother telling others about fake gods, but don't mind telling them about the
    God who is my Lord. You can belittle if you wish, you go out of your way to do that.
    I don't belittle just Christianity. See, I even capped it. I say ALL religions are fake, made up by men and occasionally, women. Women were in charge of religions 10,000 years ago and before but the male dominated religions came to dominate the whole planet after that. And that is what we have had ever since. Male dominated religions and of course you would then have women on a lower plane than men, 'a man worth 50 shekels, woman, 30' which codifies it cast in stone and is the poster boy verse that men can look to to keep up the farce.

Islam came out of the gate firing weapons attacking nearby tribes, force them to convert or die. They didn't care much which way it went, and now ISIS kills Shia because they are not Muslim ENOUGH, forget killing anybody else.

So the writers put in their verses 'god' says attack this tribe, kill that bunch and such so now it is cast in stone it's ok to kill people of other religions and so you have the Crusades. And other disasters like that, up and down the centuries.

All that is just smoothed over, ignored, and concentrate on the 'grace', loving god and such. Forgetting if you believe, that god killed every land animal on Earth just to avenge a certain tribe of humans.

That is so clearly arrogance of the lowest type to think a god, an omniscient god, would destroy half the life on the planet to kill a few thousand humans, it is such a ridiculous tale I am surprised that crap story ever made it as a biblical verse.

Don't you EVER think about the implications of such a juvenile alleged god that would do such an unspeakable act of horror to get rid some humans?

Do you seriously think a being so far ahead of us as we are to a microbe, such a being would even CONSIDER using such a tactic?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 15:22
    I don't belittle just Christianity. See, I even capped it. I say ALL religions are fake, made up by men and occasionally, women. Women were in charge of religions 10,000 years ago and before but the male dominated religions came to dominate the whole planet after that. And that is what we have had ever since. Male dominated religions and of course you would ...[text shortened]... so far ahead of us as we are to a microbe, such a being would even CONSIDER using such a tactic?
    On a side what scripture do you use to come up with those money values for men and women
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 15:30
    I don't belittle just Christianity. See, I even capped it. I say ALL religions are fake, made up by men and occasionally, women. Women were in charge of religions 10,000 years ago and before but the male dominated religions came to dominate the whole planet after that. And that is what we have had ever since. Male dominated religions and of course you would ...[text shortened]... so far ahead of us as we are to a microbe, such a being would even CONSIDER using such a tactic?
    What God values and why isn't something I can answer for unless it's spelled out. You would know how, because if you were God what you think is important should be to a limitless God? Even though now your limited intellect is all you have?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree