1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 13:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    How about answering my question?
    Read it again. I have no count - "How many got saved?"

This I'll do for you. Leave you alone.
    This will be most effective for you if you don't chase me down the road daring me to talk to you. I'm not stopping from teaching and preaching here. Its fun. And the gospel doesn't stop being taught just because someone receives forgiveness.

Thus I share with quite a few people to help them on their way - and they me also.

Did you get that answer? I have no count, no stats, and no regrets.

I have no numbers for you.
    Their names would be written in the book of life. That's good enough.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 14:04
    Originally posted by sonship
    I have no numbers for you.
    Their names would be written in [b]the book of life.
    That's good enough.[/b]
    But you do have numbers when it suits you, sonship. You said I may have caused "hundreds of people" here on this chess web site to face torture. You estimated it at "hundreds".
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 06:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So here we have humans talking about a god. Again. If a god can't tell me about itself, I will NEVER listen to humans telling me how great THEIR god is. It is in fact, the biggest scam in human history. Your god was made in the image of mankind and for a good reason. Your human crowd would not want to worship a god looking like a kangaroo or a tiger or a bu ...[text shortened]... dy from earth won, AGAIN!

So have your god tell ME it is a god, otherwise, humans? Forget it.
    And here we have a human talking about the one and only God that it does not know.

Again.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 06:521 edit
    My intention was not to say great intelligents was required to come forward to God...
    So after being called on it by several posters (4 times by myself which you ignored), you are finally admitting that your comments in you post was an error by you?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 06:58
    This I'll do for you...Leave you alone.
    Taking the way of the JWs (just ignore people) when under pressure is not the solution sonship. I think you just need to be more honest about your mistakes and none of this silliness would have occurred.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 20:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And here we have a human talking about the one and only God that it does not know.

Again.
    So we are back at the 'chosen people' where the rest of the planet goes to hell frying in eternity. And you have no problem with that, right?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 23:081 edit
    So we are back at the 'chosen people' where the rest of the planet goes to hell frying in eternity. And you have no problem with that, right?
    Your logic is wrong. Because some people believe crappy things which are unprovable does not mean the people who believe in other things which are unprovable are wrong. Both may well be wrong, but not for the reason you give here.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 23:52
    I am currently trying to have a conversation with you in another thread about this. I'm somewhat disappointed that you haven't yet caught on to the fact that I do not believe in the 'eternal torment' of the hell espoused by others here. I'd rather you respond to what I say, rather than some questionable dogma that I do not hold.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 00:061 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne to sonhouse
    I'm somewhat disappointed that you haven't yet caught on to the fact that I do not believe in the 'eternal torment' of the hell espoused by others here.
    But haven't you said that the difference between the nature of the god you worship and the nature of sonship's torturer god is "not significant"? So why are you concerned about sonhouse finding the difference between your god and sonship's god as "not significant" as well? Thread 172223 page 12.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 07:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    But haven't you said that the difference between the nature of the god you worship and the nature of sonship's torturer god is "not significant"? So why are you concerned about sonhouse finding the difference between your god and sonship's god as "not significant" as well? Thread 172223 page 12.
    And why are you concerned about the difference? Isn't it true that the only reason you are "concerned" about it is because sonhouse is a nonbeliever and you think a nonbeliever's viewpoint is more "significant" than a believer's viewpoint, even when the viewpoint in question is about that believer's viewpoint? Your "opposition" here is a non-story.

I think your "concern" here is only about your own opinion, an opinion I do not hold. Explain why you think I should give it ANY credence, especially considering your own likelihood of giving MY opinions any credence. I've already told you my position on this. If that's not good enough for you, too bad.

And no, I am not "dodging", before you fall back on your tried and untrue back-up. I just think you're following a ridiculous talking point in your headlong rush to find something, ANYthing, to make people look bad. You do this ALL the time. Sorry, I'm not taking the bait.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 07:27
    And why are you concerned about the difference? Isn't it true that the only reason you are "concerned" about it is because sonhouse is a nonbeliever and you think a nonbeliever's viewpoint is more "significant" than a believer's viewpoint, even when the viewpoint in question is about that believer's viewpoint? Your "opposition" here i ...[text shortened]... , ANYthing, to make people look bad. You do this ALL the time. Sorry, I'm not taking the bait.
    What a complete dodge.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 07:34
    I've already told you my position on this.
    Your position appears to be that the difference between a god who tortures billions and billions of people for eternity for their lack of belief, on one hand, and a god who does absolutely nothing of the sort, on the other, is a "not significant" difference. Do you think the notion of god that you portray and promote can remain coherent when you claim that a difference like that is "not significant"?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 02:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your position appears to be that the difference between a god who tortures billions and billions of people for eternity for their lack of belief, on one hand, and a god who does absolutely nothing of the sort, on the other, is a "not significant" difference. Do you think the notion of god that you portray and promote can remain coherent when you claim that a difference like that is "not significant"?
    Explain to me, in great detail, exactly how significant the difference is to you. And then I'll give such a post the precise amount of attention that it deserves.

This is your MO. You make such a huge freaking deal about something that you really don't give a rat's patootie about, only because you think it gives you opportunity to swing away at me. One can only hope you eventually get tired of it and go sleep it off.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 02:391 edit
    Explain to me, in great detail, exactly how significant the difference is to you.
    It's quite simple really. sonship has a god figure who he believes deliberately keeps billions and billions of people (non-Christians) 'alive', as it were, and tortures them - forever - by burning them in some kind of furnace, while -apparently 'Jesus and the angels look on', or some such. You, on the other hand, have a god figure who does not do this.

I would ask you: what are the consequences for your moral compass [as well as how your moral principles are perceived] of you being able to say you believe that the difference between torturing billions and billions of people for eternity, and not doing that, is not significant?

Meanwhile, the question sonship can never answer is what are the consequences for his moral compass [as well as what we are supposed to learn from it] if he believes that torturing billions and billions of people for eternity for not being Christians is the "ultimate morality" and "perfect justice"?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 04:21
    I am currently trying to have a conversation with you in another thread about this. I'm somewhat disappointed that you haven't yet caught on to the fact that I do not believe in the 'eternal torment' of the hell espoused by others here. I'd rather you respond to what I say, rather than some questionable dogma that I do not hold.
    This is just one of the many hazards of labelling yourself a "Christian". (People not realizing you don't believe in eternal torment)
    No offense, just the way it is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree