1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 00:57
    This is especially for Divegeester and JosephW (my son-in-law).

(Numbers 22:10-12) Baʹlaam said to the true God: “Baʹlak the son of Zipʹpor, the king of Moʹab, has sent me a message, saying, 11 ‘Look! The people who are coming out of Egypt are covering the face of the earth. Now come and put a curse on them for me. Perhaps I may be able to fight against them and drive them out.’” 12 But God said to Baʹlaam: “You must not go with them. You must not curse the people, for they are blessed.”

(Numbers 22:15-17) However, Baʹlak again sent princes, more numerous and more distinguished than the first group. 16 They came to Baʹlaam and said to him: “This is what Baʹlak the son of Zipʹpor has said, ‘Please do not let anything hinder you from coming to me, 17 for I will honor you greatly and I will do anything you tell me to do. So come, please, and curse this people for me.’”

(Numbers 22:21-23) So Baʹlaam got up in the morning and saddled his donkey and went with the princes of Moʹab. 22 But God’s anger blazed because he was going, and Jehovah’s angel stationed himself in the road to resist him. Now Baʹlaam was riding on his donkey, and two of his attendants were with him. 23 And when the donkey saw Jehovah’s angel standing in the road with a drawn sword in his hand, it tried to turn off the road into the field. But Baʹlaam began to beat the donkey to make it return to the road.

(Numbers 22:28) Finally Jehovah caused the donkey to speak, and it said to Baʹlaam: “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?”
    (Numbers 22:31) Then Jehovah uncovered Baʹlaam’s eyes, and he saw Jehovah’s angel standing in the road with a drawn sword in his hand. At once he bowed low and prostrated himself on his face.
    (Numbers 22:33) The donkey saw me and tried to turn away from me these three times. Supposing it had not turned away from me! By now I would have killed you and let the donkey live."

btw, if you don't understand about sin and the free gift of life by now, I don't think I can help you any further.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 01:13
    Originally posted by roigam
    if you don't understand about sin and the free gift of life by now, I don't think I can help you any further.
    If someone on their doorstep says to you "I don't understand about sin and the free gift of life", do you bid them farewell and walk away, then?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 01:181 edit
    This is especially for Divegeester and JosephW (my son-in-law).

(Numbers 22:10-12) Baʹlaam said to the true God: “Baʹlak the son of Zipʹpor, the king of Moʹab, has sent me a message, saying, 11 ‘Look! The people who are coming out of Egypt are covering the face of the earth. Now come and put a curse on them for me. Perhaps I may be able to fight against th ...[text shortened]... understand about sin and the free gift of life by now, I don't think I can help you any further.
    I'm not reading any more of your lengthy posts until you demonstrate some manners and respond to the posts made you before you went off shopping or to live your life or whatever other excuse you had for avoiding the issues.

I can tell without even reading this pile of propaganda that it's largely an unreferenced copy/paste anyway.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 01:21
    ...and JosephW (my son-in-law).
    josephw is in his late 60s/70s as if memory serves.

Perhaps you are just losing it.
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 01:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    If someone on their doorstep says to you "I don't understand about sin and the free gift of life", do you bid them farewell and walk away, then?
    no. I explain and if they don't get it, I look for an opportunity to address the subject at a later time, perhaps when they are more receptive.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 01:34
    no. I explain and if they don't get it, I look for an opportunity to address the subject at a later time, perhaps when they are more receptive.
    How will you know when they are more receptive?
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 01:402 edits
    I'm sorry if you are miffed.

As I said before, I have a life.

In this case, myself and 8.5 million others were busy observing the memorial of Christ's death. (The total will no doubt exceed 20 million)

see 1Co 11:24,25.....

To me obeying that command supersedes posting.

From your responses, it seems you don't understand what I post anyway.

I think your vision is clouded.

Possibly 2Co4:4 is in play here.
  8. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 01:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    josephw is in his late 60s/70s as if memory serves.

Perhaps you are just losing it.
    Well, I am older than that, but anyone who marries my daughter becomes my son-in-law

regardless of his age.
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 01:481 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How will you know when they are more receptive?
    When they put aside their own preconceived ideas and begin to understand.

when they pay attention to what the Bible says instead of what they think it says,

or have been taught by 3rd parties to believe.

Like the Scripture says, "Then Jehovah uncovered Balaam's eyes,...".

When that occurs any good thing can happen.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 01:502 edits
    Well, I am older than that, but anyone who marries my daughter becomes my son-in-law

regardless of his age.
    Your daughter married that joker ???!!! 😀
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 01:52
    So why did you say, if they "don't understand about sin and the free gift of life by now", you don't think you can help them any further?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 01:55
    As I said before, I have a life. In this case, myself and 8.5 million others were busy observing the memorial of Christ's death.
    You observed the memorial of Christ's death at around the same time as most of the other 2.2 billion Christians did recently?
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 01:562 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    So why did you say, if they "don't understand about sin and the free gift of life by now", you don't think you can help them any further?
    Perhaps I am not the one with the answer they need in order to understand the subject.

I did what I could, maybe another can explain it better.

For "D", I have to go now, cu later,
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 01:58
    see 1Co 11:24,25.... [...] Possibly 2Co4:4 is in play here.
    You are brandishing a Bible verse at someone you disagree with, I see. How do you know 2 Corinthians 4:4 doesn't, in fact, apply to you?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 02:002 edits
    I'm sorry if you are miffed.
    Im not mifed at all, I'm just not interested in your dishonesty, your excuses and pretence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree