1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 20:45
    I'm so good I should be getting paid for being here and doing this!
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Feb '17 00:50
    Originally posted by josephw
    The best I can be.

My perfect imperfections serve me just fine.

Can you get your head around an oxymoron? Cause that's basically what life is. A Paradox. Always two sides (at least) to any situation.
    The attempt as presenting god in a good-bueatiful-true light will always fail as long as you don't present a whole picture - which the Hindus try to do.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '17 01:461 edit
    Based on rating...

I'm not quite as good as you, but better than karoly.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Feb '17 06:58
    In myself, apart from Christ I am only good for the lake of fire.
    But in Christ God looks upon me as the very righteousness of God in Him.

The very good man created by God (Gen. 1:34) became polluted and corrupted in his fallen body by coming into a union with Satan.

Paul, when he was a strict religious Pharisee, came to realize that in him, that is in his flesh, dwelt no good thing.

" For I know that in me, that is in my flesh, nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but to work out the good is not.

for I do not do the good which I will; but the evil which I do not will, this I practice." (Rom. 7:19,20)

He fully realize the depth of the ruination of the fall and the sin nature had on his being. comparing ourselves to one another we may deem some are more good than others. But set up next to the law of God, all are not only not good but also not glorious. God meant man to be gloriously good in splendor.

The God given conscience within realizes that the outer being in which it is encased is not good. In fact it is wretched.

" Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from the body of this death?

Thanks be to God , through Jesus Christ our Lord! ..." (Rom. 7:24)

The good news, the great news is that through union with Jesus Christ we can become the very righteousness of God in Him. That is a thorough identification which starts as positional and must consummate in dispositional.

" Him who did not know sin He made sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Cor. 5:21)

In myself apart from Christ I am no good, and only good for eternal judgment.
    Joined to Christ I am saved and become the righteousness of God via union with Christ.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 07:33
    "there is none good but one, that is, God" -- said the only sinless man, the Son of God.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 22:25
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Based on rating...

I'm not quite as good as you, but better than karoly.
    Yeah, on these forums I'm the worst.

(You really believe this means something don't you? I think Joseph had his tongue firmly planted in his mouth)
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 22:26
    Goodness is not something that one should aspire to. If goodness (or good karma) comes your way, then you should pass it on and not be attached to that fleeting praise.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 01:19
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah, on these forums I'm the worst.

(You really believe this means something don't you? I think Joseph had his tongue firmly planted in his mouth)
    I think someone in this thread has a lower rating than you.

I believe rating has much to do with how much training you have received and how much time you have put into it. 10 years ago anyone could beat me.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 01:41
    Originally posted by sonship

The very good man created by God [b](Gen. 1:34)
    became polluted and corrupted in his fallen body by coming into a union with Satan.

Paul, when he was a strict religious Pharisee, came to realize that in h ...[text shortened]... udgment.
    Joined to Christ I am saved and become the righteousness of God via union with Christ.[/b]

Glory to God.
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 02:55
    What is this 'good' being spoken of. Sometimes.I later think I should've done (or not done) something. Is that is?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 05:32
    Originally posted by apathist
    What is this 'good' being spoken of. Sometimes.I later think I should've done (or not done) something. Is that is?
    Good is as good does.
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 09:11
    Good is as good does.
    "Life is like a box of chocolates..."

"Run Forrest run!"
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 10:00
    Good is an interesting term, one tends to see it in terms of morality and in comparison to its opposite bad. To the ancient Greeks it was more like a kind of virtue that anything could display e.g. a cow was good if it gave milk, a pen if it was able to write etc In a Biblical context goodness (the quality or state of being good) is a positive quality that expresses itself in the performance of beneficial acts toward others and not a passive quality that one possess.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 11:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Good is an interesting term, one tends to see it in terms of morality and in comparison to its opposite bad. To the ancient Greeks it was more like a kind of virtue that anything could display e.g. a cow was good if it gave milk, a pen if it was able to write etc In a Biblical context goodness (the quality or state of being good) is a positive qua ...[text shortened]... in the performance of beneficial acts toward others and not a passive quality that one possess.
    You seem to be keeping your furry little head down these days Robert.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 13:32
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You seem to be keeping your furry little head down these days Robert.
    You seem to be picking a fight.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree