1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 14:511 edit
    There are tons of junky messages about Christ's coming and the last days.

This thread I will recommend a few videos of what I would call the healthiest Christian teaching available today on prophecy around Christ's coming.

Ie. Matthew 25 - the ten virgins
    Rev. 19

Brother Ron Kangus in a New England Conference of the local churches recently (about 46 minutes)

I would likely call this video -
    His Wife has made Herself Ready

YouTube
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 17:06
    Originally posted by sonship
    There are tons of junky messages about Christ's coming and the last days.

This thread I will recommend a few videos of what I would call the healthiest Christian teaching available today on prophecy around Christ's coming.

Ie. Matthew 25 - the ten virgins
    Rev. 19

Brother Ron Kangus in a New England Conference of the local churches recent ...[text shortened]... video -
    [b]His Wife has made Herself Ready

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xzi3ZIPd7w[/b]
    Are you from the Northeast?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 17:301 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Are you from the Northeast?
    I am a Christian brother in the central east of the US.
    I lived in New England years ago for a decade.
    Why do you ask?

Did you hear that very good message all the way through?
    Have you ever heard a message like that before concerning the coming of the Lord ?

That was so helpful - "His wife has made herself ready" (Rev. 19:7b).
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 19:45
    I am a Christian brother in the central east of the US.
    I lived in New England years ago for a decade.
    Why do you ask?

Did you hear that very good message all the way through?
    Have you ever heard a message like that before concerning the coming of the Lord ?

That was so helpful - "His wife has made herself ready" [b](Rev. 19:7b)
    .[/b]
    If you are heavily influenced by the Northeast, then I can see where you would be preoccupied with worldly things like racism.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 01:50
    If you are heavily influenced by the Northeast, then I can see where you would be preoccupied with worldly things like racism.
    The vast, and I mean VAST, majority of racists are conservative, not liberal.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 01:50
    I finally get it!!!

Deny climate change until the coasts get flooded.
    Take away NY and California and you just have the middle of America left. Good plan 😛
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 02:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The vast, and I mean VAST, majority of racists are conservative, not liberal.
    Jesus was a racist.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 03:224 edits
    As for me I do not try to ascertain where a Christian has been raised in order to evaluate him. As long as he belongs to the Lord Jesus I need not too much other information.

My chief concern is "Has Jesus Christ received this person? If Jesus Christ has received this person then I should receive this person."

" Therefore receive one another, as Christ also received you to the glory of God." ( Rom. 15:7)

People of different opinions from me about social and political issues who are brothers in Jesus Christ are good for me. They give me the incentive to depend upon Jesus for the agape love and wisdom rather than on my domestic logic or national philosophy.

There is a common enemy that must be crushed under our feet.

"Now the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you." (Rom. 16:20)

Sometimes we need to empathize with each other. You might be concerned with racism if like me your brother called up from a Mississippi house surrounded by unpredictable police. A father's son hundreds of miles away, over a phone, asks his father what he should do as a black person in a Mississippi house staked out by unpredictable police in the 60s.

Imagine your frightened son calling from hundreds of miles away explaining that possible hostile treatment might befall him because of his skin color.

You might not say "Oh, racism is not a big deal. That's a liberal thing."
    Things like this shape our outlook, whoever we are and whatever part of the world we come from. As perhaps you have had different kinds of experiences which also shaped your outlook on society. I too need to empathize with you.

But as members of the Body of Christ we have to look to Christ's life to swallow up suspicions, mistrusts, and other things.

I will be away from the Forum probably for a couple of days.
    Hope you got something from the video.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 03:433 edits
    Jesus was a racist.
    The "race" that Jesus gave Himself up for to create in Himself on the cross was the "one new man".

"For He Himself is our peace, He who has made both [Jew and Gentile] one and has broken down the middle wall of partition, the EMNITY,

Abolishing in His flesh the law of commandments in ordinances, that He might create the two in Himself into one new man, so making peace." (Eph. 2:14,15)

Through transformation we are exhorted by the Apostle Paul to put on this "new man". The "new self" translation of the New American Standard Bible is a bad translation. We are literally exhorted to, via the Spirit's sanctification, put on "the new man".

" That you put off, as regards your former manner of life, the old man, which is being corrupted according to the lusts of the deceit,

And that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind.

And put on the new man, which was created according to God in righteousness and holiness of the reality." (Eph. 4:22-24)

So if you are given to enmity of pitting race against race you need to be renewed in the mind so that through transformation you can put on the "one new man" created in Christ.

It is no wonder that to put on this "race" of the one new man is also the "put on the Lord Jesus Christ."

" But put on the Lord Jesus Christ and make no provision for the flesh to fulfill its lusts." (Rom. 13:14)
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 03:58
    23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to Him and urged Him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.” 24 He answered, “I was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before Him. “Lord, help me!” she said. 26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to their dogs.” 27

Only after the woman agrees with the racist statement did the woman receive mercy.

After Jesus' death the racist component is done away with, but during his life it was there.

Yes, Lord,” she said, “but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

27 Then Jesus answered, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

You can build all sorts of reasons why racism is wrong because you believe it is by nature evil. Where in the Bible does it say this? Same thing for slavery. A slave owner does not get a one way ticket to hell. Surely owning slaves is worse than being a racist.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 03:59
    Jesus was a racist.
    The kind of "racism" I know is definitely a work of the flesh. Paul says that the works of the flesh can hinder a person from inheriting the kingdom of God. They can do so just as easily as fornication, drunkeness, or sorcery can.

" And the works of the flesh are manifest, which are such things as -

fornication,
    uncleaness,
    lasciviousness,
    idolatry,
    sorcery,
    enitites,
    strife,
    jealousy,
    outbursts of anger,

FACTIONS,
    DIVISIONS,
    SECTS,

envyings,
    bouts of drunkeness,
    carousings,

and things LIKE these, of which I tell you beforehand, even as I have said before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." (Gal. 5:19-21)

Instead of saying "Jesus" did things like these, including racism, Jesus and His apostles discourage them and encourage us to walk so as to manifest the fruits of the Holy Spirit.
    Paul goes on.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, self-control; against sich things there is no loaw.

But those who are of Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and its lusts."

The Holy Spirit will apply the cross to your racism.
    He will lead you to deny yourself in that arena just as much as to deny yourself in the area of "bouts of drunkeness" or acts of "fornication" or tendency to practice "idolatry".

To cling to "things like these" excusing them that Jesus was like that may cause a Christian not to be prepared to reign with Christ in the coming millennial kingom.

",... even as I have said before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

I want to be qualified to inherit the kingdom of God when Christ comes back. What about you?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 04:081 edit
    The kind of "racism" I know is definitely a work of the flesh. Paul says that the works of the flesh can hinder a person from inheriting the kingdom of God. They can do so just as easily as fornication, drunkeness, or sorcery can.

[quote] [b] " And the works of the flesh are manifest, which are such things as -

fornication,
    uncleaness,
    lasciviousnes ...[text shortened]...

I want to be qualified to inherit the kingdom of God when Christ comes back. What about you?
    When you see a Chriatian brother or sister falling to a work of the flesh admonish.

Try not to work the beliefs of man into God's truth. Jesus warned against it.

Would you tell a slave owner that he or she must set the slaves free to follow God?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 04:182 edits
    23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to Him and urged Him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.” 24 He answered, “I was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before Him. “Lord, help me!” she said. 26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to their dogs.” 27

...[text shortened]... owner does not get a one way ticket to hell. Surely owning slaves is worse than being a racist.
    After the problem of the hypocrisy of Ananias and his wife in Acts 5:1-11 the next attack of Satan came through the enmity connected with ethnic differences.

"And in these days, as the disciples were multiplying in numeber, a murmuring of the Hellenists against the Hebrews occurred, because their widows were being overlooked in the daily dispensing." (Acts 6:1)

We could say that racial or ethnic tension arose because someone, somewhere was not walking according to the Holy Spirit. The remedy to the problem was not to elect psychologically magnanimous people to make everything fair. But it WAS to appoint servers who were more experience with the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is God. The Holy Spirit is Jesus Christ in His "pneumatic" form.
    So to deal with the problem of racism, men mature in God and in Christ via the Holy Spirit were appointed to oversee the matter. This is in the local church there in Jerusalem.

"But brothers, look for seven well-attested men from among you, full of the Spirit and of wisdom, whom we will appoint over this need." (v.3)

Men and women full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom can counteract the strife brought about by ethnic tension, covetousness and favoritism. I want to be one of these kinds of Christians. Do you?

"And the word pleased all the multitude; and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, and Philip and Prochorus and Nicanor and Timon and Parmenas and Nicolas, a proselyte of Antioch,

Whom they set before the apostles; and when they had prayed, they laid hands on them.

And the word of God grew, and the number of the disciples in Jerusalem multiplied greatly ..." ( Acts 6:5- 7a)

The local churches need some filled with the Holy Spirit and wisdom from God, grace, faith to be examples to the Christians that the Christian church can witness the Spirit swallowing up racial and ethnic divisions.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 04:331 edit
    Eladar: Jesus was a racist.

The "race" that Jesus gave Himself up for to create in Himself on the cross was the "one new man"
    According to your ideology, a Christian who is a hateful racist will still be "saved" as long as believes in Jesus, is that correct?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 04:441 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    According to your ideology, a Christian who is a hateful racist will still be "saved" as long as believes in Jesus, is that correct?
    I think within the last 24 hours I agreed to leave you alone. You have some real problems with Gospel announcers. I think I said this would work best if you didn't chase after me as if to dare me to talk to you.

Why don't we just keep it that way?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree