1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 10:521 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You seem to have missed the point.

Read what I had written very carefully:
    "Evidently you place much more "faith" in gotquestions.org than in the words spoken by Jesus."

The point is that YOU evidently don't believe the words spoken by Jesus cited by rajk999 and me. If you did, you wouldn't keep citing gotquestions.org in your attempts to refute them.
    Do you believe the entire Bible or not?

So you want me to take the words quoted by Rajk in isolation and ignore the rest of the Bible, is that correct?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 11:00
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Do you believe the Bible or not?

So you want me to take the words quoted by Rajk in isolation and ignore the rest of the Bible, is that correct?
    Actually, what I "want" is for you to actually address the point(s) of my posts rather than continuing to deflect in your usual disingenuous manner.

Read the following very carefully. Any chance that you'll actually address the point rather than continuing to deflect?
    "Evidently you place much more 'faith' in gotquestions.org than in the words spoken by Jesus."

The point is that YOU evidently don't believe the words spoken by Jesus cited by rajk999 and me. If you did, you wouldn't keep citing gotquestions.org in your attempts to refute them.

[
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 11:031 edit
    Actually, what I "want" is for you to actually address the point(s) of my posts rather than continuing to deflect in your usual disingenuous manner.

Read the following very carefully. Any chance that you'll actually address the point rather than continuing to deflect?
    "Evidently you place much more 'fa ...[text shortened]... you did, you wouldn't keep citing gotquestions.org in your attempts to refute them.

[
    Firstly I did not try to refute his words, scripture cannot be interpreted in isolation but you need the rest of scripture as context. So the question you have been dodging all along, do you believe all of scripture, only the parts you like, or none of it? I am guessing you believe none of it anyway, so please correct me if I am wrong.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 11:07
    Firstly I did not try to refute his words, scripture cannot be interpreted in isolation but you need the rest of scripture as context. So the question you have been dodging all along, do you believe all of scripture, only the parts you like, or none of it?
    Thus far, you've basically ignored the words spoken by Jesus cited by rajk999 and me and instead have countered by citing gotquestions.org. True or not true?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 11:111 edit
    Thus far, you've basically ignored the words spoken by Jesus cited by rajk999 and me and instead have countered by citing gotquestions.org. True or not true?
    Nope, I asked Rajk whether or not he agreed with the defintion of 'faith' as explained by gotquestions. Which words did I ignore?

So I have answered your question, are you going to answer mine?

Do you believe all of scripture, only the parts you like, or none of it?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 11:131 edit
    Why would someone sit on the chair if they did not have the faith that it will hold their weight.

In other words why would someone obey the commands of Christ if they did not have faith or believe his commands were the truth?

I am not talking about mouth worship but faith. You seem to be conflating the two.
    The underlying reason why people do things like good works and live righteously is for Jesus to judge. Neither you nor I know these things, and neither would I care to get into these details,.. its not for me to know. I notice Christians like to get into the reasons why people do these things.

All I am pointing out to you is that the process required to gain eternal life from the teaching of Christ is repentance from sin, living righteously and doing good works. Jesus said very plainly that these people will enter the Kingdom of God. There are some Christian churches that teach otherwise. Good for them. If you choose to follow that then thats your choice.

From the teachings of Paul and the Apostles, I can see the very same doctrine being preached. People are saved from their sins, and from sin in the flesh ie inherited from Adam, by the death of Christ. These are ALL PEOPLE, ALL are saved. Not just Christians who proclaim their faith...ALL ARE SAVED from the condemnation of sin. But this sacrifice by Christ does not automatically grant anyone eternal life. All this did was open the door to the Kingdom of God. Christ is the way. You may interpret that to mean that proclaming to know Christ is the way. I interpret that to mean the the TEACHINGS OF CHRIST IS THE WAY. The Apostles explained how critical it was for Christian Saints to follow after righteousness, otherwise they will not get eternal life.

Christ opened the door for everyone and all that is now required is for people to DO SOMETHING. I have no problem with faith, as some will come to God with their faith only and they will enter the Kingdom of God.Some with faith + works, and some with works alone. All who please God with some of these will enter Gods Kingdom.

Your interpretation eliminates the works only group and this is contrary to Christ.

My interpretation includes everyone who does something to please God:
    sometimes faith alone does the trick
    some will have both faith and works
    some will have works alone.

Jesus will judge,
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 11:491 edit
    Nope, I asked Rajk whether or not he agreed with the defintion of 'faith' as explained by gotquestions. Which words did I ignore?

So I have answered your question, are you going to answer mine?

Do you believe all of scripture, only the parts you like, or none of it?
    The fact is that you haven't actually addressed the words spoken by Jesus.

And it isn't just the words spoken by Jesus cited by rajk999. As I've already pointed out, It's also the words spoken by Jesus cited by me.

From what I've seen, this type of deflection is very typical for you. Not only on this thread, but elsewhere as well.

If you want to continue this discussion, then reread my posts and actually address the words spoken by Jesus cited by me.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 14:58
    The fact is that you haven't actually addressed the words spoken by Jesus.

And it isn't just the words spoken by Jesus cited by rajk999. As I've already pointed out, It's also the words spoken by Jesus cited by me.

From what I've seen, this type of deflection is very typical for you. Not only on this thread, but elsewhere as well.

If you want t ...[text shortened]... his discussion, then reread my posts and actually address the words spoken by Jesus cited by me.
    So you think I'm the one deflecting when you have dodged the same question four times? I will address your concern once you answered this simple question. Have you decided whether you believe the entire Bible or only the words in red?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 15:08
    So you think I'm the one deflecting when you have dodged the same question four times? I will address your concern once you answered this simple question. Have you decided whether you believe the entire Bible or only the words in red?
    You started asking the question in order to deflect. So, yes, you're the one deflecting.

You're not rational. You've shown this repeatedly on this forum.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 15:12
    ThinkOfOne is one of the few Christians who has spoken about the contradictions in the bible. Why are you asking questions that every man and his dog knows the answer to?!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree