1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 19:001 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b]C'mon jaywill. Most people seem to understand what I mean by "when Jesus walked the Earth". I think you do too. It's not like I've made some big secret of it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus physically walked the earth after His resurrection for some 40 or so days.

Mayb ...[text shortened]...
    Maybe that is better than nothing .... for a start. I think .... maybe.
    I have to stop here.
    Seems that you continue to take people's words out of context and determine the meaning outside of that context.

So of course you draw the wrong conclusions. I've pointed this out to you a number of times over the years.

You do the same with scripture. When you do it with scripture, what's preventing you from similarly drawing the wrong conclusions?

C'mon. You really mean "profound and deep but [b] lies. C'mon

No. I meant "remarkably deep and quite profound". If I meant "lies" I would have said "lies".

You have not only words of Jesus to account for before His ascension but also DEEDS.

Well, Jesus repeatedly emphasized the importance of His words.

I'll leave you this to ponder:
    John 6
    63“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life. 64“But there are some of you who do not believe.”
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 01:229 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    John 6
    63“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life. 64“But there are some of you who do not believe.”

Thankyou for this wonderful quotation. It surely confirms that taking into our hearts the words of Jesus will bring Jesus Himself (who said He was the life (John 14:6) ) into us. Consider the context.

"Then what if you saw the Son of Man ascending to where He was before ?"(v.62)

He indicates here that after His "walking on earth," of which expression you are fond, He will ascend up into heaven itself in the sight of His disciples.

His redemptive death is taught in this chapter:

"I am the living bread which came down out of heaven, if anyone eats of this bread, he shall live forever.

And the bread which I will give is My flesh, given for the life of the world." (v.51)

Quite in context, we have in this chapter Christ's -

Incarnation - "I ... which came down out of heaven" (v.52)

Perfect Human Living - " As the living Father has sent Me and I live because of the Father" (v.57)

Redemptive Death - " ... My flesh which I will give for the life of the world" (v.51)

Resurrection - " so he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me" (v.57)

That is of course that after He has been slain He will live again, giving life to those who take Him in through His words (v.63).

Ascension back to Heaven - " ... what if you saw the Son of Man ascending to where He was before." (v.62)

That is before His incarnation.

Quite in context we can see the incarnation, living, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ in this chapter.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree