1. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 12:463 edits
    Contrary to what you will see from sonship and other like-minded Christians, the matter of how to get around the problem of sin and weaknesses of the body is dealt with differently by Jesus and the Apostles.

Sonship starts off with:

If you are a struggling Christian, often defeated by some besetting weakness or sin, there is victory. correct
    But you have to learn to be in the Body and fight the battle in a corporate way. You need spiritual companionship. God will reserve greater victory for you if and when you learn more horizontal love and companionship with fellow Christians.wrong and unbiblical

The way to get around sin is to follow the teachings of Christ in Matt 5, 6 and 7.

If you dont like what Jesus said, then Paul has a similar statement in Romans 12, 13, 14, and 15.

Peter, James, John, Jude all said the same thing with regard to the problem of sin.

If you want to be a Christian that Jesus will accept into his Kingdom then dont follow sonship.
    Follow His [Jesus's] teachings or the teachings of the Apostles.

Sonship is miles away from Christ and the Apostles. Dont be led astray.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 13:571 edit
    Here is the way Jesus and the Apostles taught disciples and Christian saints to fight sin and evil and to overcome it, both in oneself and in those around.

Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

By doing good, living righteously, the Christian can overcome others who do evil and the personal temptation to do evil and to sin as well.

Sitting around with Christians and fellowshipping with Christians who are telling you to shout out Jesus name over and over, is complete nonsense, a waste of time and contrary to the Bible.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 14:42
    Singing hymns and many other activities like Bible reading and study, and Christian companionship can help you become a stronger person, BUT only IF the Christian follows what he reads in the Bible or listens to the words of the hymns. Reading like a parrot or singing like a parakeet is a waste of time.

The end result of all Christian activity must be a life of righteousness and good works.

Talkers and hears will end up in eternal damnation
    Doers will get eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

Dont be fooled by false doctrines.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 15:20
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Singing hymns and many other activities like Bible reading and study, and Christian companionship can help you become a stronger person, BUT only IF the Christian follows what he reads in the Bible or listens to the words of the hymns. Reading like a parrot or singing like a parakeet is a waste of time.

The end result of all Christian activity must be a ...[text shortened]... nation
    Doers will get eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

Dont be fooled by false doctrines.
    What do you think of drinking bouts?

I mean boasting that you have had so many beers today.
    I mean seeming to publically be vying with someone as to how much alcohol they can handle.

Bouts of drunkeness is one of the "works of the flesh" that Paul says will exclude one from participation in the kingdom of God.

" And the works of the flesh are manifest, which are such things as fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness ... envyings, BOUTS OF DRUNKENESS, carousings, and things like these,

of which I tell you beforehand, even as I have said before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." (See Gal. 5:19-21)

You are a teacher of the word of God but you boasted of how many beers you had on one day. You see it is for these kinds of weaknesses I opened a thread showing we can overcome some besetting weaknesses by a corporate pursuing.

We can apprehend victory over drinking bouts by exercising out spiritual being towards Christ with companions. Then there will not longer be need for a teacher of the Scripture to boast of how many beers one had today.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 15:291 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    What do you think of drinking bouts?

I mean boasting that you have had so many beers today.
    I mean seeming to publically be vying with someone as to how much alcohol they can handle.

[b]Bouts of drunkeness
    is one of the "works of the flesh" that Paul says will exclude one from participation in the kingdom of God.

[quote] " And the ...[text shortened]... will not longer be need for a teacher of the Scripture to boast of how many beers one had today.
    This is why I stated so many times that Christians in particular [much like you] lack the ability to read and understand simple English.

Is there a difference between the following:
    - falling away v sin
    - having a drink or some drinks v drunkenness

Just these two in the last few days. But there are dozen of examples where you lack the ability to differentiate between simple words.

Nowhere in the Bible says that drinking alcohol is a sin. If you find such a verse I will stop immediately, destroy all my alcohol. I also own a small hotel which has a restaurant and bar which I will close immediately.

In fact the opposite could be found. Solomon said that a man should work hard, enjoy the fruit of his labout, eat and drink for that is Gods gift to him. Paul tells Christians to drink wine for your health. Many of the patriarchs of old had vineyards and made wine. Jesus turned water into wine and drank wine himself.

Before you try to preach go take a course in english comprehension.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 15:33
    This is why I stated so many times that Christians in particular [much like you] lack the ability to read and understand simple English.

Is there a difference between the following:
    - falling away v sin
    - having a drink or some drinks v drunkenness

Just these two in the last few days. But there are dozen of examples where you lack the ability to d ...[text shortened]... e and drank wine himself.

Before you try to preach go take a course in english comprehension.
    Nowhere in the Bible says that drinking alcohol is a sin.

I didn't say that that was in the Bible.

What impression do you think you give, though, by seeming to boast of how many beers you had today ?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 15:37
    Nowhere in the Bible says that drinking alcohol is a sin.

I didn't say that that was in the Bible.

What impression do you think you give, though, by seeming to boast of how many beers you had today ?
    You are dangerous and deceitful. You quoted a passage about drunkenness with the intention of applying it to me.

Clearly you got an impression and it shows that you are a judgmental idiot.
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 15:471 edit
    Contrary to what you will see from sonship and other like-minded Christians, the matter of how to get around the problem of sin and weaknesses of the body is dealt with differently by Jesus and the Apostles.

Sonship starts off with:

[i]If you are a struggling Christian, often defeated by some besetting weakness or sin, there is victory. [b] correct
    ...[text shortened]... ings of the Apostles.

Sonship is miles away from Christ and the Apostles. Dont be led astray.[/b]
    Follow His [Jesus's] teachings or the teachings of the Apostles.

Should we follow all the teachings of the apostles or only the ones you prefer? Should we ignore the teachings of the apostles that clearly state we are saved by faith and not by works? Or should we turn a blind eye to those?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 15:47
    You are dangerous and deceitful. You quoted a passage about drunkenness with the intention of applying it to me.

Clearly you got an impression and it shows that you are a judgmental idiot.
    The thread that I opened, which you seemed to need to create a parallel for correction, is about helping Christian bothers not judging them.

It was you who launched an attack of warning against me as a dangerous something-or-other who should not be listened to.

I am finished here. Go on with your subject matter.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 16:451 edit
    The thread that I opened, which you seemed to need to create a parallel for correction, is about helping Christian bothers not judging them.

It was you who launched an attack of warning against me as a dangerous something-or-other who should not be listened to.

I am finished here. Go on with your subject matter.
    Are you backing down now? Where are the passages in the Bible that say that drinking alcohol is a sin or is wrong or should not be done?

You are dangerous because you teach people to TALK.
    While Jesus and the Apostles taught people to DO, and warned that talkers and hears are doomed to eternal damnation.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 17:04
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    [b]Follow His [Jesus's] teachings or the teachings of the Apostles.

Should we follow all the teachings of the apostles or only the ones you prefer? Should we ignore the teachings of the apostles that clearly state we are saved by faith and not by works? Or should we turn a blind eye to those?[/b]
    Consider this - A group university students who got a scholarship attended a lecture at the university, where the Principal told them that they were given an opportunity to obtain their degree FREE OF CHARGE. All expenses were paid.

A few of these students [FMJ, Sonship, Josephw], went away rejoicing that they were going to get their degree without doing anything [something the lecturer never said]

A few smarter ones realised that they would still have to study and do what was required to pass the exams notwithstanding.

In the end the wise virgins will enter the Kingdom of God,
    The foolish ones will be cast into outer darkness.

Pick your side.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 17:16
    Are you backing down now? Here are the passages in the Bible that say that drinking alcohol is a sin or is wrong or should not be done?

While Jesus and the Apostles taught people to DO, and warned that talkers and hears are doomed to eternal damnation.
    Are you backing down now?

I don't consider that withdrawing here is "backing down". I more consider it stepping up again. I think I have gone down and now I want to step back up.

Here are the passages in the Bible that say that drinking alcohol is a sin or is wrong or should not be done?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This seems a statement that became a question of something.
    I am not sure what you mean.

I write sloppily too sometimes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is wrong with teaching people to speak ?

Did you not read that the overcomers overcame the devil by the WORD of their testimony? They speak.

"And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony ..." (See Rev. 12:11)

It is not my problem is you think SPEAK VERSES LIVE. That dichotomy in your mind is not my problem.

Did you not read that the Psalmist loved God because God HEARD his voice ?

" I love Jehovah because He hears my voice, my supplications,

Because He inclines His ear to me; Therefore I will call upon Him all my days." (Psalm 116:1,2)

It is not my problem if you read into this "Speak but do not live unto God".

It is not my problem if you create a false dichotomy which reads into that -

"God hears my voice so I need not LIVE unto God."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is not my problem if your obsessive myopic mind can only see in the verses on speaking God's word license to live sinfully.

I believe therefore I have spoken.

And having the same spirit of faith according to that which is written, "I believed, therefore I spoke."

we also believe, therefore we also speak. (2 Cor. 4:13)

The Apostle urges the believers in SPEAKING TO ONE ANOTHER.

" Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and psalming with your hearts to God." (Eph. 5:19)

It is not my problem if you have tunnel vision and obsessively read into this exhortation - "Speaking INSTEAD of living unto God".
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 21:521 edit
    Are you backing down now?

I don't consider that withdrawing here is "backing down". I more consider it stepping up again. I think I have gone down and now I want to step back up.

[b]
    Here are the passages in the Bible that say that drinking alcohol is a sin or is wrong or should not be done?

--------------------------------- ...[text shortened]... unnel vision and obsessively read into this exhortation - "Speaking INSTEAD of living unto God".[/b]
    Speaking without doing is dead.

Nothing is wrong with speaking or talking. Talk and speak all you like.
    Talking must lead to understanding and understanding lead to doing.
    In the end it is the doers who will enter the kingdom of God.

I am not the only one that notice you talk about talking, but never talk about doing.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 22:16
    Perhaps if you really press Rajk999 ~ I mean really, really press him and press him ~ on how he mentioned beer in an earlier post, he might just shut up, and stop confronting you head on with this matter of Christian doctrine which always seems to make you dance and wriggle and pout. Maybe. What do you reckon? Mention his mention of beers again?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 22:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps if you really press Rajk999 ~ I mean really, really press him and press him ~ on how he mentioned beer in an earlier post, he might just shut up, and stop confronting you head on with this matter of Christian doctrine which always seems to make you dance and wriggle and pout. Maybe. What do you reckon? Mention his mention of beers again?
    😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree