1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 11:452 edits
    But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that you should declare abroad the excellencies of the One who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light - 1 Peter 2:9

Do you feel chosen as a Christian? What are the implications for those not chosen? What are the implications for the chosen? What are the implications for those chosen and later rejected?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 13:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Do you feel chosen as a Christian?
    When you say "a Christian", which of the self-identified Christians in this community do you (and do you not) recognize and accept as being your fellow "Christians"?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 13:30
    But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that you should declare abroad the excellencies of the One who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light - 1 Peter 2:9

Do you feel chosen as a Christian? What are the implications for those not chosen? What are the implications for the chosen? What are the implications for those chosen and later rejected?
    1 Peter 2:9 says nothing about Christians. It is an essential part of Bible interpretation to identify who is being addressed. Peter addresses the elect of God.
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 13:43
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    1 Peter 2:9 says nothing about Christians. It is an essential part of Bible interpretation to identify who is being addressed. Peter addresses the elect of God.
    So the 'elect' don't have to believe in Jesus, is that correct?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 13:52
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    So the 'elect' don't have to believe in Jesus, is that correct?
    I know one wonders what her was reading
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 13:531 edit
    and they were not Christians? otherwise your objection makes NO SENSE.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 13:561 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    When you say "a Christian", which of the self-identified Christians in this community do you (and do you not) recognize and accept as being your fellow "Christians"?
    Is not the Scripture rather clear? Those who were brought forth out of darkness to declare abroad the excellencies of God. All who are declaring abroad the excellencies of God are my fellow Christians and chosen ones.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 13:58
    and they were not Christians? otherwise your objection makes NO SENSE.
    The elect of God is a special group of Christians.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 14:02
    The elect of God is a special group of Christians.
    So first you said it says nothing about Christians and now you are saying its about a special group? mere pedantry. the scripture cannot be denied, Christians are chosen.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 15:25
    So first you said it says nothing about Christians and now you are saying its about a special group? mere pedantry. the scripture cannot be denied, Christians are chosen.
    I said that Peter said nothing about Christians. Peter addresses the elect of God.
    I assume that he would be referring to a special group of Christians.

However it more likely that it is not only Christians but selected people throughout the ages.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 15:511 edit
    It seems unlikely that the elect of God would squabble over who's in or out of the elect of God club, so that might be an indicator of who's in or out of the elect of God club.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 17:38
    I said that Peter said nothing about Christians. Peter addresses the elect of God.
    I assume that he would be referring to a special group of Christians.

However it more likely that it is not only Christians but selected people throughout the ages.
    are you saying that God selects some Christians and others he does not?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 17:41
    Originally posted by JS357
    It seems unlikely that the elect of God would squabble over who's in or out of the elect of God club, so that might be an indicator of who's in or out of the elect of God club.
    One would think but the disciples of Christ whom one can safely assume were part of the so called elect argued amongst themselves who was the greatest at which point Christ had to lead by example. I think their disposition changes after Pentecost and the dispensing of Holy Spirit where they seem to become much more cooperative.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 18:26

I've commented on this in the other thread, but I'll also engage you here.

If Christians are "chosen", then why do you go knocking on people's doors?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 18:28
    Originally posted by JS357
    Oh come on! That is the main objective of many Christian sects, especially the JWs. They are special, chosen, awesome.

Etc.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree