1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 19:05
    I am lacking this emotion. ((No, really). As far back as I can remember I have been physically and mentally incapable of becoming angry. - Irritated or disappointed sure, but not angry.

This has proved to be a double edged sword for me. On one hand I tend to be unflappable and keep my cool in tense situations (it is also a quality well suited to my job) but on the other can at times be a bit of a doormat when it comes to engaging with somebody who is able to become angry. (There have even been times where I have had to fake being angry as passivity can often lead to the loss of an argument where one's 'opponent' is genuinely cross).

To give this thread the required 'religious twist' I was wondering if my lack of anger puts me any higher up the spiritual ladder,.... in at least some religion or another. What does God think about human anger?

Please feel free to respond however you want. I won't get angry.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 19:161 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I am lacking this emotion. ((No, really). As far back as I can remember I have been physically and mentally incapable of becoming angry. - Irritated or disappointed sure, but not angry.

This has proved to be a double edged sword for me. On one hand I tend to be unflappable and keep my cool in tense situations (it is also a quality well suited to m ...[text shortened]... God think about human anger?

yes it puts you right up there.

Jehovah himself is described as 'slow to anger'! and a man that loses his temper as a city broken through!

As a city broken through, without a wall,
    Is the man who cannot control his temper.
    Proverbs 25:28

Jehovah is merciful and compassionate,
    Slow to anger and abundant in loyal love
    Psalms 103:8
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 19:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

Jehovah himself is described as 'slow to anger'! and a man that loses his temper as a city broken through!

Do I anger you? Be honest.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 19:45
    Originally posted by vivify
    I feel sorry for you. You are always the oppressed and wronged. Nothing can you accomplish because everybody is against you.

Not that it is true, but the wall we build are what we believe.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 20:08
    It depends what you say. Some things anger me and others don't even though they are offensive or intended to be. It also depends on my temperament at the time for I am a rather mercurial character.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 20:23
    It depends what you say. Some things anger me and others don't even though they are offensive or intended to be. It also depends on my temperament at the time for I am a rather mercurial character.
    The word "mercurial" angers me.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 20:48
    The word "mercurial" angers me.
    The trick sir is to realise he googled 'fickle' to find a more impressive sounding synonym.

Once this is realised, all anger should syncopate.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 21:01
    The trick sir is to realise he googled 'fickle' to find a more impressive sounding synonym.

Once this is realised, all anger should syncopate.
    Hardly such words trip from my tongue like silver apples in golden carvings!
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 21:48

This has proved to be a double edged sword for me. On one hand I tend to be unflappable and keep my cool in tense situations (it is also a quality well suited to m ...[text shortened]... God think about human anger?

I'm jealous.
    Actually I'm not - I lack this emotion. (No, really)

But anger is destructive. It just overcomes me in a second.
    Was a real problem for me in my twenties ... not so much now.

I used to lash out verbally or physically - but now its mostly internal. It hurts.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 22:16
    syncopate.
    Excellent, sir, you have enraged me further.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 22:21

You think not getting mad makes you better than others?
    I'll resist giving thoughts on why that it and just say, I'm sure you have other faults that put
    you on the level as the rest of us., that being flawed due to our human nature.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 22:57
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You think not getting mad makes you better than others?
    I'll resist giving thoughts on why that it and just say, I'm sure you have other faults that put
    you on the level as the rest of us., that being flawed due to our human nature.
    Are you harking back to the despised 'original sin'?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 23:00

And yet the anger and wrath of God is written through the bible, starting with Noah and ending in revelation's fairy pits.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 23:01
    Do you find ignoring someone on an Internet forum board helps to abate your anger?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 23:021 edit
    I am lacking this emotion.
    No you aren't. You are just a bit more placid that most others around you in the real world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree