1. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 12:15
    Can someone assist with this expression used by some Christians? What exactly is a [real] relationship with God and does the Bible explain what this means?

This appears to be the key to salvation.
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 12:57
    I'm curious too. For an all-powerful creator who wants us to believe in it, all we actually get is invisible silence.
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 14:461 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Can someone assist with this expression used by some Christians? What exactly is a [real] relationship with God and does the Bible explain what this means?

1 Corinthians 13. "If I have all the eloquence of men or of Angels, but speak without love I am simply a gong booming" " If I have the gift of prophecy, understanding all the mysteries there are, and knowing everything. and if I have faith in all its fullness, to move mountains, but without love, then I am nothing at all. "

"Love is..." "delights in the truth" "In short, there are three things that last: faith hope and love; and the greatest of these is love."

Paul also states in regards to the circumcision of the heart, (Romans 2:28) "he will be praised by God"

Jesus tells us to Love God with all our heart, and our whole being. Any to me the relationship with God is reflected to us by the relationship with Jesus. They loved
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 14:491 edit
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    1 Corinthians 13. "If I have all the eloquence of men or of Angels, but speak without love I am simply a gong booming" " If I have the gift of prophecy, understanding all the mysteries there are, and knowing everything. and if I have faith in all its fullness, to move mountains, but without love, then I am nothing at all. "

"Love is..." "delights in th ...[text shortened]... so states in regards to the circumcision of the heart, (Romans 2:28) "he will be praised by God"
    Thanks, but how does that explain what Christians call 'a relationship with God'?

KellyJ uses the expression very often. Yet he has not been able to explain it.
    Sonship says that the Christians must talk about Christ and think about Christ.

I guess that is their interpretation of a 'relationship' with God.
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 15:05
    Thanks, but how does that explain what Christians call 'a relationship with God'?

KellyJ uses the expression very often. Yet he has not been able to explain it.
    Sonship says that the Christians must talk about Christ and think about Christ.

I guess that is their interpretation of a 'relationship' with God.
    Jesus tells us to be like Him. If His relationship with the Father is based on love (it is the nature of God, after all) then aren't we to do the same?
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 15:11
    Jesus tells us to be like Him. If His relationship with the Father is based on love (it is the nature of God, after all) then aren't we to do the same?
    God I don't know, but I do know love. I know what it is to love and to be loved.

If love is the 'nature of God' then does living a life fuelled by love (rather than hate) establish a relationship with God, even in the heart of the unbeliever?
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 15:15
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    God I don't know, but I do know love. I know what it is to love and to be loved.

If love is the 'nature of God' then does living a life fuelled by love (rather than hate) establish a relationship with God, even in the heart of the unbeliever?
    yes, definatly
  8. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 15:20

In the scripture Paul makes a curious statement, For those who know the law, they will be judged by the law. And for those who do not know the law, they will be judged by the law written in their hearts.

He also states about the circumcision of God's children. "The real circumcision is in their heart. " "He will be praised by God"
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 15:21
    yes, definatly
    Then returning to the OP, if a relationship with God is 'the key to salvation' are such unbelievers 'saved' due to a life fuelled by love?
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 15:23
    Then returning to the OP, if a relationship with God is 'the key to salvation' are such unbelievers 'saved' due to a life fuelled by love?
    Yes
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 15:28
    I will have a chess board set up for you in the City of God, but i doubt you will want to play that game when there. You will be preoccupied with everything else.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 15:32

This is repeated a dozen times in the Bible:

1Jn 4:12 ..If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, ...

But many Christians ignore it and focus more on talk and think about Christ, even condemning those who demonstrate love and charity as this is the dreaded works salvation.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 15:38
    I will have a chess board set up for you in the City of God, but i doubt you will want to play that game when there. You will be preoccupied with everything else.
    Sir, a gentleman always has time for chess.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 15:39
    This is repeated a dozen times in the Bible:

1Jn 4:12 ..If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, ...

But many Christians ignore it and focus more on talk and think about Christ, even condemning those who demonstrate love and charity as this is the dreaded works salvation.
    Very true.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 17:39

Why don't you ask the person who said it instead of starting a thread about it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree