1. Here
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 08:58
    Please could we have a way of entering tournaments that allows us to enter it but when certain players enter then I am withdrawn
    I have to leave it until the last possible moment before I enter to miss these individuals ( They are sandbaggers )
    I did this recently with 1 space left and when it starts there they are
    I then did something I am not proud of but felt necessary
    I played three moves and resigned to make the offending player gain points
    Rather than lose points by resigning themselves
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 02:04
    If I encounter a sandbagger on his way up (someone way too strong for the tournament band, who's likely to be playing the win-tourney lose-clan scam) I resign immediately.

I doubt there's any way that our respective protest methods could be automated though.
  3. Here
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 07:58
    Nice to see someone agrees with me
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    08 Dec '16 23:21
    Originally posted by padger
    Please could we have a way of entering tournaments that allows us to enter it but when certain players enter then I am withdrawn
    I have to leave it until the last possible moment before I enter to miss these individuals ( They are sandbaggers )
    I did this recently with 1 space left and when it starts there they are
    I then did something I am not proud of bu ...[text shortened]... signed to make the offending player gain points
    Rather than lose points by resigning themselves
    although a really good idea an easier solution would be to ban mctayto from entering tournaments
    how he gets away with ruining things defies logic
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 03:56
    He's one on my blacklist, but not the only one. You can't blacklist every sandbagger, it would take a year to fill a tournament!
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 19:37
    The only way to stop people manipulating their clan challenge rating by throwing tournaments is to have exclusive ratings for each competition.
    You have a separate club rating so it could be possible I suppose
  7. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 02:22
    Originally posted by venda
    The only way to stop people manipulating their clan challenge rating by throwing tournaments is to have exclusive ratings for each competition.
    Totally agree Dave. Why do we have a club rating, but not a clan rating?
  8. Here
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 13:14
    Of course
    A different rating for each competition
    . In other words. one for Clan challenges , one for Tournaments ,one for Clubs
    Why not ?
    It would stop one tarnishing the others
  9. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 13:37
    Of course
    Why not ?
    What it wouldn't stop of course is manipulation by people in more than one clan who could deliberately lose games in one clan falsifying their clan rating and using that in challenges in the other clan.
    As ever, it would have to be down to clan leaders to spot this tactic when mounting and accepting challenges.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 15:08
    Of course
    Why not ?
    When I proposed this, you couldn't stop talking it down.

Now you're behind it?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 15:18
    What it wouldn't stop of course is manipulation by people in more than one clan who could deliberately lose games in one clan falsifying their clan rating and using that in challenges in the other clan.
    As ever, it would have to be down to clan leaders to spot this tactic when mounting and accepting challenges.
    Yes, let the clan leaders deal with that. At least clan leaders are more aware that this kind of thing can happen. Average players in tournaments might not investigate the people they play as thoroughly, so there should be separate ratings to keep the worst away from those they would try to scam.

If I saw that happening in my clan, that player would be gone the millisecond I figured it out. Any clan leader who lets this kind of thing go on, only ends up hurting their own clan's reputation. I know some don't care, but those clan leaders end up with no one in their clan.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree