1. Subscriberjb70
    State of Confusion
    Lancashire
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 07:39
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I think it's abused so frequently in timebank-only tournaments as to warrant a programming change.
    Spot on Kewpie
  2. Joined
    08 Oct '10
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 22:15
    I would move that as soon as you start any time controlled tournament, that you cannot use vacation mode. It seems I'm never in a tournament without someone abusing this feature. I'd suggest that if you were waiting on a tournament to start, but your vacation began first, that you can still use the vacation feature for the game, but once you make your first move, you can't re-enter vac mode in that tournament. Really, you're playing chess, and not for money, why be a jerk to people that want to get on with the game????
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 23:27
    Originally posted by KellerBulldog
    I would move that as soon as you start any time controlled tournament, that you cannot use vacation mode. It seems I'm never in a tournament without someone abusing this feature. I'd suggest that if you were waiting on a tournament to start, but your vacation began first, that you can still use the vacation feature for the game, but once you make your ...[text shortened]... playing chess, and not for money, why be a jerk to people that want to get on with the game????
    Well, that would prevent me from ever using vacation, since I'm always in a timed tourney of some sort. The same can be said for nearly any highly active player on the site.

Sorry, but that suggestion's a non-starter.
  4. Here
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 07:371 edit
    Originally posted by KellerBulldog
    I would move that as soon as you start any time controlled tournament, that you cannot use vacation mode. It seems I'm never in a tournament without someone abusing this feature. I'd suggest that if you were waiting on a tournament to start, but your vacation began first, that you can still use the vacation feature for the game, but once you make your ...[text shortened]... playing chess, and not for money, why be a jerk to people that want to get on with the game????
    why not get some more games to play then you wouldn't be so concerned with people having a break

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree