1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Feb '17 15:33
    Originally posted by Ryan McDonald
    I'm still not getting any notifications when an opponent makes a move, and I've noticed that on the player profiles you can't see the full text in their profile section.
    1) There is a 5 minute delay on notifications - configurable to greater if you want your phone to hassle you less. If you are assuming it is like Facebook App, with its instant notifications, then it may explain why you believe it is no working.

It may work this way in the future, but not right now.

2) Can you scroll the profile text down to see it in its entirety?
  2. Joined
    05 Sep '16
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 01:031 edit
    I am unable to scroll the profile text, when I try it scrolls the entire profile page instead of the text.

I also have the notifications set to alert me every five minutes, but I've had moves wait hours with no notification.
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '16
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 01:55
    It may be, I've read other posts complaining about the sensitivity. I don't know the exact size but it looks to be about 3 inches
  4. Joined
    05 Sep '16
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 03:08
    Originally posted by Russ
    1) There is a 5 minute delay on notifications - configurable to greater if you want your phone to hassle you less. If you are assuming it is like Facebook App, with its instant notifications, then it may explain why you believe it is no working.

It may work this way in the future, but not right now.

2) Can you scroll the profile text down to see it in its entirety?
    I just realized why I'm having problems with the notifications, I don't have the app running I the background to keep my battery from running down.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 11:151 edit
    I just realized why I'm having problems with the notifications, I don't have the app running I the background to keep my battery from running down.
    The number of apps running in the background should have no effect on battery performance. The CPU goes into a sort of sleep mode for a background app. What drains batteries are displays and WiFi.
  6. Joined
    05 Sep '16
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 15:50
    Originally posted by moonbus
    The number of apps running in the background should have no effect on battery performance. The CPU goes into a sort of sleep mode for a background app. What drains batteries are displays and WiFi.
    I don't have data on my iPod so I have to use wifi
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 16:54
    I don't have data on my iPod so I have to use wifi
    That's what's draining your battery. My iPad also drains its battery quickly on WiFi.
  8. Joined
    17 Mar '10
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 09:48
    Hi Russ
    I am happy with the app. relative to how I use the app 🙂
    I am not looking to never use the PC.
    I will still use the PC to forum post in clubs. I will still use the PC to set up tournaments and clan challenges. So currently I use the app to play one of my 300 games on the go and so far, no issues to report.
    I am glad someone like moon bus is testing in greater deal 🙂 but on my side I am happy with the app thus far
    Costad
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 11:33
    The app will need to be in the background for notifications.

Post-release, individual features of the app can be improved, and an improved notification system will be implemented.

The aim is for you to be able to reboot your phone, and still get notifications, which is not possible right now. You will need to fire up the app at least once first and leave in the background.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 19:06
    Thanks, Russ. For everything. I know it ain't easy.

moonbus
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 18:33
    Game Analysis complete. Coding finished.

Final beta tomorrow for release candidate 1!
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Mar '17 07:04
    Got it. Thanks for the game analysis position feature. I figured out how to move pieces around, take other pieces and promote pawns. Good work. How to remove a piece from the board eludes me; dragging to a margin seemed like the intuitive thing to try but did not have the expected effect. What am I missing?
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Mar '17 09:57
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Got it. Thanks for the game analysis position feature. I figured out how to move pieces around, take other pieces and promote pawns. Good work. How to remove a piece from the board eludes me; dragging to a margin seemed like the intuitive thing to try but did not have the expected effect. What am I missing?
    Actually can't be done - you will need to "eat" a piece with another, then move it back.

Again, this is a direct port of the Android version - now the baseline has been hit, improvements can arrive later.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Mar '17 12:11
    OK, I can live with that.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Mar '17 12:514 edits
    App is currently in review for submission.

So that is that, for now. Thanks everyone for testing (and also providing feedback). HUGELY useful. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree